IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 hours ago, adamski said:

university degree ????????? My tutors always told me you need evidence that is relevant to the argument ....GCG and ashton gate are about as relevant to the Mem stand planning application as a failed application to build a shopping mall on Aston Court citing they got one at Patchway.....the situations and community view will be different for every situation.....not comparable 

Hang on ...... 

He ‘proofed’ it - 

Clearly grammar and basic spelling were not requirements for his.   ‘ free yur dugree cawse’

16 hours ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

Oh he makes me want to vomit (although I was constantly refreshing his Twitter for JCH news on transfer deadline day 🥴) So grateful for James Piercy for us. 

The problem with James Percy is that he gives his honest opinion whether writing for us or them. The difference is our Manager doesn’t take it personally theirs refuses to speak to them. Rovers view as a club is that the local reporter should be the mouthpiece of the club and not there to challenge anything.

• Like 5

Talking about the proposed new Oxford United ground which is just about to receive something called planning permission if anybody knows what that is ?

Post by The Equaliser 

Yes it is, very near the train station just off Kidlington, a bit like Brighton, outskirts of the city with a great bus network to it as well.

Very expensive area for the land, they have done well. To get planning it’s 16,000 for now, they can’t go over this but once built they can apply for 18,000.

Used to drive by there quite a lot in the past , quite a way out of Town . I wouldn’t be that happy if I was an Oxford fan . 
Ps isn’t all land pretty expensive around Oxfordshire? 

Basically like us moving to Twerton again.

Edited by bert tann
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, bert tann said:

So presumably them moving to UWE would have been the same as moving to Twerton too.

I wish they would make it more of a challenge to mock them. Stuff like this just makes it too easy. Shooting fish in a barrel.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

So presumably them moving to UWE would have been the same as moving to Twerton too.

I wish they would make it more of a challenge to mock them. Stuff like this just makes it too easy. Shooting fish in a barrel.

Presumably apart from the bit that it would be Oxford’s own ground, rather than one they were renting in another city from a non league team?

Absolutely ******* deluded, they should be grateful that they shafted Bristol rugby & ended up with a ground at all, as usually they are freeloaders.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Talking about the proposed new Oxford United ground which is just about to receive something called planning permission if anybody knows what that is ?

Post by The Equaliser 

Yes it is, very near the train station just off Kidlington, a bit like Brighton, outskirts of the city with a great bus network to it as well.

Very expensive area for the land, they have done well. To get planning it’s 16,000 for now, they can’t go over this but once built they can apply for 18,000.

Used to drive by there quite a lot in the past , quite a way out of Town . I wouldn’t be that happy if I was an Oxford fan . 

They are so brain dead it’s ******* unreal. Kidlington is one of the largest and most popular/built up areas of the city. Who wants to tell them that somewhere about 5 miles from the main city centre isn’t the same as being in a totally different postcode? Where do they think UWE is?

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

Post by The Equaliser 

So @bert tann, who do you think the elusive "Gasburner" is who seems to have them all naval gazing? I looked at the statement he/she/they gave out over the supposed Gorringe interview, and my first thought was that Kachina has decided to try winding up the blue bit of Bristol this time around.

52 minutes ago, petehinton said:

They are so brain dead it’s ******* unreal. Kidlington is one of the largest and most popular/built up areas of the city. Who wants to tell them that somewhere about 5 miles from the main city centre isn’t the same as being in a totally different postcode? Where do they think UWE is?

For factual correctness: the proposed ground is 2.9 miles North of Oxford City Centre, about 800 yards outside of the city boundary. North Oxford is very expensive, but Kidlington is a village, not part of Oxford and condsiderably less expensive than the City. It’s more like the gas moving to Downend!

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

31 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So @bert tann, who do you think the elusive "Gasburner" is who seems to have them all naval gazing? I looked at the statement he/she/they gave out over the supposed Gorringe interview, and my first thought was that Kachina has decided to try winding up the blue bit of Bristol this time around.

I think the elusive “Gasburner” is a friend of Mr Al- Quidi who goes by the name of Comical Ali.

He is not a friend of Alf Saeed.

• Haha 1

Aside from all the embarrassment and ridicule that has emanated from our blue friends over the years, one praiseworthy body appeared a few years ago, Her Game Too.

Unfortunately, I am hearing that this honourable group of brave, good intending girls and ladies have recently parted company with Rovers.

What a shame and, whilst HGT appear to left graciously and with no fanfare or (stated) bitterness, one can only imagine the reasons for their departure.

What chance of them receiving a warm welcome at Ashton Gate, football allégeances aside.

22 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Aside from all the embarrassment and ridicule that has emanated from our blue friends over the years, one praiseworthy body appeared a few years ago, Her Game Too.

Unfortunately, I am hearing that this honourable group of brave, good intending girls and ladies have recently parted company with Rovers.

What a shame and, whilst HGT appear to left graciously and with no fanfare or (stated) bitterness, one can only imagine the reasons for their departure.

What chance of them receiving a warm welcome at Ashton Gate, football allégeances aside.

Sharton & their spineless Board no doubt.

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I have no idea about the relationship between Her Game Too and Bristol Rovers but we are already involved with them and have 2 ambassadors (I believe). It’s football-wide organisation, not just confined to the Gas. 

Edit:

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-proud-to-continue-partnership-with-her-game-too/&sa=U&sqi=2&ved=2ahUKEwi0vYaJ5u2BAxVPbvEDHXMwCo8QFnoECAwQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1wfQlBC1a-FqW6sOOUtWtz

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

• Admin
2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I'm not sure that they have parted for good - please seem my post at the bottom of this page

The girls are massive Rovers fans and would never dream of supporting City, but I am sure that HGT Nationally and hopefully us have been offering support to them

Though Caz was involved in the setting up of HGT with Bristol Bears Bears partner with Her Game Too Campaign - Bristol Bears Rugby

14 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I have no idea about the relationship between Her Game Too and Bristol Rovers but we are already involved with them and have 2 ambassadors (I believe). It’s football-wide organisation, not just confined to the Gas. 

Edit:

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-proud-to-continue-partnership-with-her-game-too/&sa=U&sqi=2&ved=2ahUKEwi0vYaJ5u2BAxVPbvEDHXMwCo8QFnoECAwQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1wfQlBC1a-FqW6sOOUtWtz

Bristol Rovers HGT have a bigger group involved than us Bristol Rovers | #HerGameToo

I'm only aware of Eve and Leah for us City proud to continue partnership with Her Game Too - Bristol City FC (bcfc.co.uk)

Not sure if people are aware but HGT also have reps at Somerset CCC and Gloucestershire CCC

On 06/10/2023 at 18:45, phantom said:

Just seen this by Caz, massive respect to her standing up against bully's 

Screenshot_20231006_184149_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20231006_184152_Instagram.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm not sure that they have parted for good - please seem my post at the bottom of this page

The girls are massive Rovers fans and would never dream of supporting City, but I am sure that HGT Nationally and hopefully us have been offering support to them

Though Caz was involved in the setting up of HGT with Bristol Bears Bears partner with Her Game Too Campaign - Bristol Bears Rugby

Bristol Rovers HGT have a bigger group involved than us Bristol Rovers | #HerGameToo

I'm only aware of Eve and Leah for us City proud to continue partnership with Her Game Too - Bristol City FC (bcfc.co.uk)

Not sure if people are aware but HGT also have reps at Somerset CCC and Gloucestershire CCC

Not wishing to be overly critical of HGT, but all that says is that the person posting it doesn't want to be overly bothered by people calling out the behaviour of Joey and that they've got a lot of other things going on.

Which is fair enough - you can't expect one person to be the answer to everything.

But.... You would expect them to add to their message that 'we're deeply concerned with the statement Barton put out and have contacted the club for further comment and/or asked the club to clarify their view on things, even if they don't reflect the views of Joey'.

Just reads a bit like, 'we started a group, it's expanded and is going well, but having started it and engaged with a number of other clubs, you can't expect us to actually follow up on things'.

Hopefully they'll get some sort of answers and they'll be able to celebrate that they've spoken to the club who in turn have spoken to the manager and everything calms down again. 

There is an opportunity for HGT to earn some easy capital from this, but it doesn't look as if they're able to take advantage of it. 

But, as I say, I wish the organisation success, it probably doesn't help that they're supporters of a club with a less than perfect record in this area (which, for balance, neither are we after employing Simpson).