IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, 22A said:

No ungainly pillars on this stand. Here's a clue City & Rovers played in the League at this ground in 1998/99 season.

image.png.014ef5452bfe8dc4165e0bdd4944fd11.png

It looks a bit like part of the old Gay Meadow in Shrewsbury, if I recall that was a three part stand down one side.

But as others have said, we were in different divisions in 98/99

1 hour ago, cider hoss rules said:

It looks a bit like part of the old Gay Meadow in Shrewsbury, if I recall that was a three part stand down one side.

But as others have said, we were in different divisions in 98/99

Never saw a game there , but I used to cover IOW for work and being a bit of a ground nerd (about 175 with the Gas alone) I nosed around it a fair bit and I would say that is 99.999999999% St Georges Park , the old ground of Newport in the IOW.

Edited by Miah Dennehy
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, 22A said:

OK folks; the image was lifted from a Facebook page "Lost Football grounds and terraces of the United Kingdom". The caption stated Springfield Park, Wigan.

A simple right click on the pic and choose "search image" will tell exactly where it is.

Newport I-O-W.

8 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

With those pillars, could it become a listed building? A fine example of 1930s architecture.

This Rovers stand style of architecture goes back a long way before the 1930s. The new stand has definitely Mesolithic hunter-gatherers influence 

IMG_4941.jpeg

Edited by pongo88
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Fans blaming the council and saying they should speed the ‘stand’ approval up in time for December games. Expensive ageing players getting injured in training and missing tomorrow. 

Just another week being a gift. 

They really do think the world revolves around them don`t they? Entitled doesn`t begin to cover it.

Bollocks to them - wait your ******* turn like everyone else.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

gashead iv'e been working with think's they took 45'000 to the play off final in 1995 against Huddersfield

Well the crowd that day was 59,000 so only 14,000 from Huddersfield? Think your workmate may be exaggerating a little bit...not like them to do that tho🤦‍♂️