IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Mate over from the Netherlands. He wanted to see a local team, Yate called off so I'll be forgiven for taking him to the Mem.

Rovers are absolutely terrible, Darrell Clarke had a better reception than Matt Taylor, prowd fans booed them off at half time

And to think some of our fans fancy this league again, it's utter toilet

Be careful not to celebrate too much when City equalise or at the final whistle

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Mate over from the Netherlands. He wanted to see a local team, Yate called off so I'll be forgiven for taking him to the Mem.

Rovers are absolutely terrible, Darrell Clarke had a better reception than Matt Taylor, prowd fans booed them off at half time

How did you get tickets at such short notice? Surely the Gloucestershire derby was a sell out!! 

What you mean it did not sell out..

• Haha 3

Not sure how this one slipped through the net…

After their much-lauded Pirates Pot venture failed to attract enough entrants to generate an actual winner, the recipient of the second-highest prize (an impressive £50) in the first draw turned out to be one of their star defenders.

That’s one way to save on the wage bill…

IMG_1080.thumb.jpeg.b8f6712c56b42568c8719b3cfd8ef777.jpeg

• Haha 8

30 minutes ago, Brum Red said:

After their much-lauded Pirates Pot venture failed to attract enough entrants to generate an actual winner, the recipient of the second-highest prize (an impressive £50) in the first draw turned out to be one of their star defenders.

There were only 4 people in it ...

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Brum Red said:

Please tell me the player had the good grace to the money back in, our at least donate it to a charity. If you organised a raffle and then won it, you would put the prize back in right?

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Facepalm 1

44 minutes ago, Brum Red said:

Taking name and shame to a new level.

The "winners" (who as followers of Rovers are better known as "losers") should have asked to remain anonymous.

6 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

thats you in isolated quarantine til after xmas then 🤣  hope you and your mates had your jabs

10 hours ago, Brum Red said:

It’s like when Dougal ‘won’ the rigged charity raffle on Father Ted 🤣

I bet he didn’t claim it straight away because he was holding the ticket upside down as well.

”Number ELLEEVVEN” 🤣

Anyway, that’s his wages paid for the week.

• Haha 1

I think this season would have proved to them how far ahead of them we are in terms of player quality.

Hunt wasn’t good enough for us 2 and a half years ago & Martin wasn’t good enough for us a year ago.

Both are probably their best players this season.  

Their recruitment strategy in the summer should be to look at any player City have released in the last 18 months and pray they’ll agree to join. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Brum Red said:

Pirates Tin Pot surely?

Seems they are waking up - well, a few anyway. The comments from the whopper writing the second sentence is typical. 

"and of course the most pertinent question very much unanswered, there is about ten to fifteen seats with a decent view, what on earth were you thinking? Do we really have to accept this pile of girders as “progress?” Okay two questions then oh and a third can I have my money back for my five season tickets please, no one would choose seats with restricted of a view. End rant sorry"

"My understanding, well reading anyway, is that the FM was still possible but a long time off so with the SAG reductions something had to give. The result was a 'temporary' stand, temporary as in construction time and materials.
Now that the FM is off the table, the next step is East and North, which will be around 5-6,000 and 3-4,000 respectively.
That'll take us to around 16-17,000 then the owners will take stock. The next step could be the West and then possibly another look at the South. Final capacity could be closer to 20,000 but still a way off yet, if ever.
I'd also turn over the majority of the South Stand to away fans once the East and North are completed.
Plenty enough for us as a top half L1, bottom half Championship team imo."

• Haha 6