IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 11/02/2024 at 18:25, BS3City said:

Is Irene's Kitchen a branch of The Samaritans?

It's the new soup kitchen.

6 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

"Quit being a cheapskate.
I bet people whinging about it still spend money on sky tv and scratchcards.
Every pound spent goes to the club. This isn’t a charity.
We don’t want fans who want it on the cheap. There’s plenty more who will be happy to pay for entertainment. "

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fraid not saggy, your numbers are dwindling....

3 hours ago, adamski said:

I just cannot believe anyone would post such lies in a public forum…. I suspect conspiracy on a huge scale😂IMG_9160.thumb.jpeg.cb43619953eb25752862470a1c427b73.jpeg

That figure will go down, with some long trips still left for them to do. The best away fans in the world will average less than 1000.

On 11/02/2024 at 12:20, Open End Numb Legs said:

I think there is potential for an episode of Silent Witness based on the burnt pasty. I hope the BBC accept my script, it is a favourite program of mine:-

Scene 1, The Labs.

Hey Nicki, we have to go out, there has been a report of a suspicious pie at a football ground.

Ok Jack, somewhere nice? Ashton Gate maybe?

No, sorry. It's Bristol Rovers.

Oh no. Never mind, at least we can bolster the crowd by 2 more. As its The Mem I will get the hazmat suits.

Scene 2, The Mem

What do you think it is Nicki?

Hard to tell Jack. It could be a sausage roll or a pasty, DNA will tell us. Whatever it was it has been badly over cooked. The customer never stood a chance (shakes head).

Let's get it back to the labs, we don't want to stay too long, there is a match on soon.

You're right Jack. Looking around here we should get a toxicology report too.

Scene 3, The Labs

Hey Jack, look at this bruising. It seems to have hit something hard.

Yes Nicki. Perhaps it was being thrown onto the pitch but hit a pillar instead?

That's very likely Jack, there are a lot of pillars there. What puzzles me is the pie was reported over cooked yesterday but the use by date on this burnt wrapper says 2021. That doesn't make sense. Maybe there is something else going on here.

(They exchange knowing looks, cut to music). The End.

Apologies to genuine Rovers fans, just having some fun.

I was catching up with my Silent Witness recordings last night so felt inspired.....

Episode 2

Scene 1, The Lab

Jack, the DNA results are in on the burnt food. It wasn't a pasty, it was a hot dog wrapped in a season ticket.

Nikki, I think the season ticket was burnt due to the hike in prices and the hot dog got in the way.

We need more evidence Jack.

Scenes at the Mem Nikki.

Why, did they win?

No, not scenes, Scenes of Crime. Let's get them back there.

Scene 2, The Mem (warning, upsetting images from the stand start)

Here's the rest of the ticket Nikki, I can lift a print and get an ID.

Good work Jack. Shall we grab a coffee whilst we are here?

No.

Scene 3, The Lab

Right Nikki, the print belongs to one of their youngest supporters, an Irene, aged 73.

Any known accomplices?

Yep, I spoke to the police, they arrested him already. A man called Collins, seen fleeing from the area. He was easily caught as the team shirt he was wearing was weighing heavy and it slowed him down.

Great Jack. Anyone else?

They got a tip off about a mysterious character, could be Mr Big, known only as JCH. Never been seen there but the club will send over what they know when they get the fax working.

CCTV?

I asked, they wrote back and said #every moment.

Oh no! (They laugh)

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, myol'man said:

They bang on about their high percentage away following compared with home attendance.

But, they should really start to look at their pitiful home crowds compared with how many travel away. That's their real problem.

They are trying very hard to reduce the percentage of home fans travelling to 10%….However, it would appear that only 0.5 to 0.1 of their “potential support” travel away😂

Bristol Rovers respond to 2024/25 season ticket price criticism with new deal for families - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Well that didn't take them long to realise they'd made a massive mistake with their pricing for next season.

I have to say that if I was a Rover's fan i'd be a bit concerned about the ownership at the moment. That open letter to the fans spoke a lot about hope and aspirations without any real financial committments.

In the Jan transfer window they pretty much had to wait until the Collins money had come through for first Conteh and then the other 3 loanees to come onboard. Testament I think to their being no new money for new players.

With 14 players either OOC or going back to their clubs from their loans, it's going to take a hell of a lot of money to either rebuild that team, let alone try and get an Academy team up and running at the Quarter. Would be easier ( and cheaper) to open up an Academy in Kuwait (hmm...)

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

They bang on about their high percentage away following compared with home attendance.

But, they should really start to look at their pitiful home crowds compared with how many travel away. That's their real problem.

Wait until they realise that the club doesn't get any money from the fans travelling away :dunno:

Not such a great boast having shit home support, but quite a lot of them go away .

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

They are literally the only supporters I’ve ever known who voluntarily highlight how ******* shit their home support is in an attempt to make their very mediocre away support look better than it is.

It really is THAT important to them 🤣

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

They want to offer the away team thousands of extra tickets just to get their attendances up - housing them in their magnificent new stand.

So they've built a stand for the away supporters ?

Strange club.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

They want to offer the away team thousands of extra tickets just to get their attendances up - housing them in their magnificent new stand.

So they've built a stand for the away supporters ?

Strange club.

A clear sign those in charge are more worried about making as much ££ than looking after their own support

On 07/02/2024 at 06:38, Numero Uno said:

Everyone who uses this forum knows what this thread is about and it stops the rest of the forum being littered with lots of new topics.

Some people like a bit of banter, fun, piss taking, call it what you like of their rivals. It doesn’t help that they give us so much ammo tbf😂. People have enough serious shit to deal with in life without this forum becoming heavily sanitised (people come on here for enjoyment generally?).

I would suggest many of the regular contributions on here are from season ticket holders and regular attendees who do put their money where their mouths are unlike the majority of Fewers I know who are all mouth tbh. The fact we are not far off tripling their attendance gives most people a clue and makes THEIR  attempts at comparing support with ours all the more laughable……….

The easiest way to avoid being offended on behalf of your Gas mates and the Few generally is to give this thread a wide berth tbh.

Top reply - cheers mate, you are right ... 👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Really?! That’s sad - they only support a different football club to you - that’s  it  ... how pathetic to say you’d be embarrassed to admit you know them ..

ive got one in my family but no one ever mentions his name

Edited by Jim Davey

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Really?! That’s sad - they only support a different football club to you - that’s  it  ... how pathetic to say you’d be embarrassed to admit you know them ..

Many thanks for your second observation on the same comment. Hope you have a lovely day.

20 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Many thanks for your second observation on the same comment. Hope you have a lovely day.

He’s right though. I grew up in gas territory ( it was then) went to school with them during 82. Drank in pubs with them in 1990 & all the years we couldn’t beat them. The shit I got from them was relentless . The last 20+ years have been ******* brilliant . Good mates some of them that would always have my back . Still hate their club with a passion & constantly rip the piss out of them 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He’s right though. I grew up in gas territory ( it was then) went to school with them during 82. Drank in pubs with them in 1990 & all the years we couldn’t beat them. The shit I got from them was relentless . The last 20+ years have been ******* brilliant . Good mates some of them that would always have my back . Still hate their club with a passion & constantly rip the piss out of them 

Can't argue with that Stevie, we all have our own thoughts and experiences as to their following, conduct, stadium etc. I do know a couple of the Blue Few (and they're decent guys apart from when they get triggered about football). In all honesty it was a bit of a frivolous comment on my part, to which people are perfectly entitled to get sand in their fanny about should they choose. 👍

8 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Can't argue with that Stevie, we all have our own thoughts and experiences as to their following, conduct, stadium etc. I do know a couple of the Blue Few (and they're decent guys apart from when they get triggered about football). In all honesty it was a bit of a frivolous comment on my part, to which people are perfectly entitled to get sand in their fanny about should they choose. 👍

Oh they constantly get triggered , it’s beautiful.  Text one this morning . 
alright mate , who have the city rejects got today ? 
they ******* hate it 😂😂😂

• Robin 2

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2024/february/bristol-rovers-ticket-refunds/?fbclid=IwAR1IKkAUfEwXXO3FupYSMDGhz2GBVPY5F66QCJ-GFnOi5tuxuE_ZFEEu48k_aem_AcjiJ_3wn9CPP671CxfT11WE7dHfUN4fdGdUw7hikdQ9IcqwBy68pZMp2Ll2C_Ut5cg

On Monday 22nd January, the day before our away fixture at Bristol Rovers, we received a request from BRFC to sell South Stand tickets to home supporters at a discounted price of £10 up until kick off.

This was in an effort to hit the 75% capacity requirement for the match to be classified as a ‘test event’ as part of the opening procedures for the new South Stand at The Memorial Stadium. Despite the short notice, we decided it was right thing to do to support Bristol Rovers with the ‘test event’, and given the circumstances, that our supporters would understand the resulting price disparity.

However, in the days after the game and without consultation, Bristol Rovers have offered a refund to home fans who had purchased tickets at full price in the South Stand. We have made representations to both the EFL and Bristol Rovers proposing the that the same refund should apply to Exeter City supporters who were seated in the South Stand that night.

We are yet to reach a satisfactory outcome with Bristol Rovers but we want to resolve this inequality for our supporters as quickly as possible. As a result, Exeter City Football Club, with the unequivocal backing of the Supporters Trust, will be issuing refunds to all those affected. An automatic account credit for any supporter seated in the South Stand who purchased a ticket at a cost higher than £10 (all age categories apart from under 14) will be processed in the coming days. 

For example, a full paying adult who purchased a ticket for £26, will have £16 credited to their ticketing account for future purchases. 

We thank supporters for their patience as we have tried to rectify the issue as fairly and quickly as possible.

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2024/february/bristol-rovers-ticket-refunds/?fbclid=IwAR1IKkAUfEwXXO3FupYSMDGhz2GBVPY5F66QCJ-GFnOi5tuxuE_ZFEEu48k_aem_AcjiJ_3wn9CPP671CxfT11WE7dHfUN4fdGdUw7hikdQ9IcqwBy68pZMp2Ll2C_Ut5cg

On Monday 22nd January, the day before our away fixture at Bristol Rovers, we received a request from BRFC to sell South Stand tickets to home supporters at a discounted price of £10 up until kick off.

This was in an effort to hit the 75% capacity requirement for the match to be classified as a ‘test event’ as part of the opening procedures for the new South Stand at The Memorial Stadium. Despite the short notice, we decided it was right thing to do to support Bristol Rovers with the ‘test event’, and given the circumstances, that our supporters would understand the resulting price disparity.

However, in the days after the game and without consultation, Bristol Rovers have offered a refund to home fans who had purchased tickets at full price in the South Stand. We have made representations to both the EFL and Bristol Rovers proposing the that the same refund should apply to Exeter City supporters who were seated in the South Stand that night.

We are yet to reach a satisfactory outcome with Bristol Rovers but we want to resolve this inequality for our supporters as quickly as possible. As a result, Exeter City Football Club, with the unequivocal backing of the Supporters Trust, will be issuing refunds to all those affected. An automatic account credit for any supporter seated in the South Stand who purchased a ticket at a cost higher than £10 (all age categories apart from under 14) will be processed in the coming days. 

For example, a full paying adult who purchased a ticket for £26, will have £16 credited to their ticketing account for future purchases. 

We thank supporters for their patience as we have tried to rectify the issue as fairly and quickly as possible.

Sorry didn't realise it had already been posted, but nice to see again 😂