IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Evolution takes time, but they have suffered devolution this season!  At best they will have 4 points less than last season, and with no more half decent players left and an owners wallet tighter than a gnats chuff, I can’t see them doing any different next season either, especially if DC gets tapped up from some other clubs

Last home game of the season for them and they finally managed to have over 9000 Sags in attendance. Think the last time they managed that was for the first home game of the season back in August.

Their support really is the envy of so many other clubs in the Football League, there’s no doubt about it! :clap::clap:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, 22A said:

Next season, following today's promotion, Wycombe get to play Rovers again.

The Bristol Rovers "legal team" are already preparing a case against Wycombe for having the outright audacity to be in the same division as them again - apparently this new case against Wycombe will be 100% watertight.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Last home game of the season for them and they finally managed to have over 9000 Sags in attendance. Think the last time they managed that was for the first home game of the season back in August.

Their support really is the envy of so many other clubs in the Football League, there’s no doubt about it! :clap::clap:

Most of them came to see just one player out of eleven

4 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Evolution takes time, but they have suffered devolution this season!  At best they will have 4 points less than last season, and with no more half decent players left and an owners wallet tighter than a gnats chuff, I can’t see them doing any different next season either, especially if DC gets tapped up from some other clubs

Thank their average attendances are down vs last season too.

Coming for us.  If they ever do manage that, the Gap will already have become a full grown adult 

8 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Thank their average attendances are down vs last season too.

Coming for us.  If they ever do manage that, the Gap will already have become a full grown adult 

It will have paid off its mortgage and have a decent pension plan and will be looking forward to its retirement. Its children and  grandchildren will usually come round to visit on a Sunday and they'll all go to Wetherspoons for lunch.

Even then the gap will be in no danger of ever being narrowed.

11 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Funniest thing about that thread is the admission that one Jordanian player with them is absolutely shit but is staying on because Wael is funding him.

How tinpot is that?

Edited by GrahamC

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Funniest thing about that thread is the admission that one Jordanian player with them is absolutely shit but is staying on because Wael is funding him.

How tinpot is that?

Think of the tent pegs and awnings you could buy for his salary. No wonder the fans aren't best pleased. 

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

We did: had him on loan, to be fair, but we'd have likely had the opportunity to sign him if we'd wanted. However, I think that the decision was more about attitude than ability.

From what remember it was his decision to leave, John Ward dropped him for the next match after scoring at Oldham, he threw a hissy fit and disappeared off to grenada i believe!

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

The father needs to get a grip. Surely if he was any good they would have kept him on. Bitter bloke!!

It doesn't come across as quite so bitter as the rant by a certain father on here. The one who was going to set the world alight, but has been warming the bench at Fleetwood ever since.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, redcityman said:

From what remember it was his decision to leave, John Ward dropped him for the next match after scoring at Oldham, he threw a hissy fit and disappeared off to grenada i believe!

I remember that he came here and scored, Ward understandably wanted him to train with his new team mates during the week, but he decided that he would rather go on international duty. Wardy told him if he did, not to bother coming back.

9 hours ago, italian dave said:

We did: had him on loan, to be fair, but we'd have likely had the opportunity to sign him if we'd wanted. However, I think that the decision was more about attitude than ability.

Jason Roberts walked out on us. He went AWOL after being put on the bench for a second game. He felt he should start after he got the winner at Oldham

12 hours ago, redcityman said:

21 year old Jason Roberts came on loan from Wolves. McCarthy and Roberts contributed to City’s goals at Wycombe. Roberts scored in the next game and then disappeared without a word! There was a tournament taking place in the Caribbean and he was eligible for Grenada. City sacked him and the following season he joined the Rovers.