IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 hours ago, phantom said:

Just think there is a whole generation of supporters living off this nonsense, that have never actually seen them above us !

Aye, I've seen us play them twice, both times in the JPT and they were last above us when I was 10 months old, I've been waiting for them to close the gap ever since and I still am... 

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

#freesircolin

Their main problem imo is (also admitted by a few of their own) is the average age of their supporters that do actually attend, hardly any young un’s apparently, will bite them in the ass in a few years if this ‘evolution’ doesn’t evolve sooner rather than later.

Those that do have to take their own bundle of programmes to stand on.

If there are to be no more programmes in future then it'll likely have a negative effect on their gates.

16 hours ago, DANWRENBCFC4LIFE said:

I remember running around the house screaming and laughing at the result 

I remember jumping around on the away terrace and then realising half the away end were City (plus some Swindon) there to mock them falling into the basement. 

• Haha 2

Happy 3rd of May.....Sir Colin Day.

What a joyous day to celebrate. Especially when the Sags open up to it by trying to cling on in desperation to 1990. That ain’t a patch on the calamity that unfolded in 2014. 

They talked of the playoffs all season and then shit themselves on the last day and crashed out of the football league having celebrated staying up the week before prematurely.

There were 27 different permutations that day and only 3 of them would see the Sags relegated to the Non League where they should still be today.

It was the best day of my life at the time. Only bettered by City’s League and Cup double the following season.

C8A2A7F8-2031-4689-B2C8-E3AAC62D6147.jpeg

338A0307-A9DB-4266-8DAC-3877CD6000C2.jpeg

01A24EBA-D093-45AD-BB0A-CD1AD3AE420E.png

39B78878-BF08-4113-B43D-A85421F7C973.jpeg

C4DB2DD0-5150-4A6F-8CD7-1ECA4A68DB02.jpeg

EA29B7A6-C5FA-4C58-89BC-F5EF5B65BE23.png

1E764F05-6E72-4C06-B5D4-F801A33D111A.jpeg

DAB166A1-942D-4C6C-895A-22703F76C6F7.jpeg

044D4E9B-67EB-487A-A236-14B8EA610ADA.jpeg

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Weren't they only ever in the relegation places in League 2 for the final 13 minutes of that season?

Bit longer than that, it was about an hour I believe.

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Just been listening once again to “Two Divorce Mike” as fresh and as funny as it was back in 2014.

You couldn’t post it on here by any chance could you?

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

They talked of the playoffs all season and then shit themselves on the last day and crashed out of the football league having celebrated staying up the week before prematurely.

They were saying they were going to swap divisions with us as late as March that season.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ******* clowns!! That made it even better...along with the way they’d celebrated our relegation to League 1 only 12 months earlier.

Bottlers.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I still love the fact that rovers were relegated by a team wearing their own kit!!

It just added to the comedy. It really was a balls up of epic proportions. They couldn’t have been dumped out of the football league any better in my opinion. From celebrating like bellends at Wycombe and singing songs about how everyone was going to believe them that they are staying up only to have the very same side assist with slamming a nail into their coffin the following week. From Agent Ward, to dopey crying, from two divorces to “City fans in the away end waiting for us”, to Colin Daniel dress in a black Rovers away shirt slamming in that beauty off the posts to their rioting and steward/horse punching exploits. Family club mind! FAMILY CLUB! It couldn’t have been a better day if it had been scripted!

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Bit longer than that, it was about an hour I believe.

You couldn’t post it on here by any chance could you?

They were saying they were going to swap divisions with us as late as March that season.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ******* clowns!! That made it even better...along with the way they’d celebrated our relegation to League 1 only 12 months earlier.

Bottlers.

@Ska Junkie Might be able to do the honours. He still has my Mike “Mash-Up” I believe? I will no doubt be playing it full blast down the A38 later this evening.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bianconeri said:

Simple arithmetic I think.

The average for that season was about 10,100 and they got 26,000 when we went there on Good Friday just before we got promoted. There were about 20,000 reds there.

If they’d got a ‘normal’ game and gate that day the average would have been around 9,200 for the season.

Even a derby game would not usually have attracted more than about 17,000 at Ikea at that time. That 9000 extra equates to almost 400 per game, reducing the average below 10,000.

So, the 10,000 average that year is basically down to us.

Sorry, I'm with you now - you're on about 75/76 (was confused by the IKEA reference)?

So yes, that was just about the last time they had a 5 figure average home gate (may have had one a season or two later as well - used to know a website where you could look up this sort of junk but I'm beggared if I can think of it now). 

3 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Sorry, I'm with you now - you're on about 75/76 (was confused by the IKEA reference)?

So yes, that was just about the last time they had a 5 figure average home gate (may have had one a season or two later as well - used to know a website where you could look up this sort of junk but I'm beggared if I can think of it now). 

I’m sure that’s the last time they went over 10k average. Without our help it would be pushing 50 years now.

Another odd stat, we took 6 or 7,000 to Highbury on the opening day of 76/77. They had 4,000 to watch them thumped at home by York City I think.

Bestest, most loyal fans in the world and all that.

• Like 1

I’ve done a 3rd May commemorative video with the best bits of that day including a bit of Jeff Stelling enthusing about their relegation and some flashbacks to the premature celebrations at Wycombe the week before. It’s on its way to @Ska Junkie if you could do the honours?....The gift that keeps on giving.

• Like 4

I was at my son’s football game when the news filtered through that the Scum had somehow managed to get themselves relegated out of the league. Cue much hysterical jigging along the touchline to the bemusement of the other parents.

Little did we know then that the fun was just beginning -

Their despicable attempts to wriggle off the relegation hook like the graceless scum they are, being near the bottom of the Conference in August, losing to Altrincham and Braintree, fist-round FA Trophy KO to Bath, us winning the football league trophy while they were non-league, and the coup de grace of course us laying the ghost of 1990 by winning the title while they also got promoted - the difference of course being we went up with them in ‘90 While in ‘15 they just scraped back into the FL by the skin of their teeth.

The mirth was unrelenting and it has been Comedy Central ever since.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I’ve done a 3rd May commemorative video with the best bits of that day including a bit of Jeff Stelling enthusing about their relegation and some flashbacks to the premature celebrations at Wycombe the week before. It’s on its way to @Ska Junkie if you could do the honours?....The gift that keeps on giving.

As it's you CM. Yer tiz!

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5