IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 25/07/2018 at 20:55, Port Said Red said:

Reminds me of the old scrap metal places down on Feeder Road.

Oh come on thats a ridiculous comment to make. It doesn't look that good!!!

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Gasheads have been stranded in Europe due to flight chaos.

Bristol Rovers fans travelled in their numbers to support the League One club in their penultimate pre-season game away at FC Eindhoven on Wednesday.

Around 300 fans made it to the DOSL Sports Park in Leende, and many have been left stranded in Eindhoven after Ryanair cancelled their flight to London Stansted late last night.

This week the airline has been hit a 48 hour strike by cabin crews, and have been cancelling flights across Europe with thousands of passengers disrupted.

New star signing Ed Upson says Bristol Rovers are in great shape to start the season

Passengers, including several Bristol Rovers fans, left stranded in Eindhoven

The cancellation of the flight back from Eindhoven left football fans scrambling around for ways to get back home.

Some fans booked alternative flights, some stayed at the airport waiting on the reserve list while others have booked flights at airports hundreds of miles away, including Amsterdam and Dortmund at their own cost.

One Rovers fan told BristolLive: “How ridiculous is it that we can get over here to watch Rovers play Eindhoven but we can’t get home to watch them play at the Mem just down the road?”

The same fans have booked a driver to take them the 100 miles to Dortmund in Germany where they have secured flights but will not get home to watch The Gas play Exeter City at home this afternoon.

The Rovers squad successfully flew home from Amsterdam at lunchtime on Friday but by half-time against Exeter, wish they hadn't.

Don't believe everything you read in the press. They've gone on strike because of that lot, just didn't want them on the plane after the outbound journey. Cost a few grand to clean the plane upon landing.

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

The fewers aren’t happy. No marquee signing. Excuse the pun . Getting charged overpriced beer and food. Maybe reality is finally hitting home . ?

Judging by some of the comments on their forum, it would appear so. Clarke leaving would be the icing on the cake as he's the only thing holding that ? of ? together. 

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

The fewers aren’t happy. No marquee signing. Excuse the pun . Getting charged overpriced beer and food. Maybe reality is finally hitting home . ?

No marquee signing but they have brought in a marquee..

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just had a look, clearly maths isn't their strong point....

I went to the Queue to get a drink before the game. Whilst waiting in the long queue to get served I could see all drinks prices had gone up £1.50 to £2. A 33% increase

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just had a look, clearly maths isn't their strong point....

I went to the Queue to get a drink before the game. Whilst waiting in the long queue to get served I could see all drinks prices had gone up £1.50 to £2. A 33% increase

That's correct. Well 33.3%.

You need to increase  £1.50 by 33.3% to reach £2. 

Mind you we gotta pay about 3quid for a coke don't we?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pride of the west said:

That's correct. Well 33.3%.

You need to increase  £1.50 by 33.3% to reach £2. 

Mind you we gotta pay about 3quid for a coke don't we?

But the way he wrote it he was describing a 300% increase " all drinks prices had gone up £1.50 to £2. "    -   missing the word 'from'

13 minutes ago, B block said:

Clarke should be in the magic circle for the miracles he’s performed there, if he left tomorrow I’d stick a ton on them going down

Such a myth! He’s found that he’s just about capable of holding his own in League one. 

He’s hardly Brian Clough..! 

• Like 2

I see they are at it again over at comedy central . . . You know where you should be looking for you next career move then, Harry Kane! ???

If I were a decent striker, and BRFC tried to sign me, I'd jump at the chance. We have made some really exciting signings so far in this transfer window, and are going to create loads of chances for our forwards.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Swede said:

I see they are at it again over at comedy central . . . You know where you should be looking for you next career move then, Harry Kane! ???

If I were a decent striker, and BRFC tried to sign me, I'd jump at the chance. We have made some really exciting signings so far in this transfer window, and are going to create loads of chances for our forwards.

How many chances did they create today against the mighty Exeter..?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

This quote is from the saddest person in Bristol. Henbury ass

Negatives - the ground looked sh** from the west stand 

But it looks amazing from the other stands . Deluded bullshitting attention seeking fool

Their ground looks sh** from all angles

• Haha 1