IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Link us up!

It seems the team they beat are "the gas" of the Netherlands! 

"FC Eindhoven is a Dutch football club based in Eindhoven, North Brabant. They currently play in the Eerste Divisie (second tier of Dutch football), and are one of two professional clubs which are based in the city of Eindhoven, the other one being PSV Eindhoven.

FC Eindhoven play their home games at Jan Louwers Stadion, on the southern part of the city. The club's official colours are blue and white, hence their nickname Blauw-Witten (The Blue-Whites)."

"FC Eindhoven's biggest rivalry is with neighbours PSV Eindhoven, against whom they contest the Lichtstad Derby ('City of Light Derby'). However, the clubs have not faced each other in league competition since the 1976–77 season. :) FC Eindhoven used to be a bigger club than PSV in the period between 1930 and 1955. PSV was a club for the workers of Phillips and seen as a club for the privileged while FC Eindhoven was seen as the people's club."

6 hours ago, supercidered said:

Do you really think so? I must admit, I don't really pay attention to what they are or aren't doing pre-season. I tend to just get some fun logging on to this thread. I would love to see them go down and or Dopey leave for a job at Battersea.

*  I wonder if Dopes is ever in his bed (or his Dog's ) at night thinking 'f@ck I should've taken the Leeds job'.

* & thinking f@ck kennel the leads job, walkies!

• Haha 1

Blimey, the only thing missing is a 'No Ball Games' sign !

(anyone know if the shack like structure to the left of the 'club shop'  (tch, tch, tch) photo is Irene's massage parlour & or the dogs kennel?)

4 hours ago, 22A said:

1108FB70-12A4-4502-B1FA-4624C242F546.jpeg

All joking aside. When they played at Eastville, Rovers actually had a professional looking shop on Stapleton or Fishponds Road, not too far away from Muller Road.

That picture looks sooo tin pot, I doubt there's anywhere so bad / sad looking in the entire National League or even a good way further down the pyramid.

11 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It’s says a lot about the Gas that we can’t be sure if it’s real or fake.

image.jpg.0a5e942a2b4e728f9e2cbeff48d54ec0.jpgimage.jpeg.4c76c21dd06eee6827f3c3705b514b23.jpeg

1108FB70-12A4-4502-B1FA-4624C242F546.jpeg

I've just got to work and dreading the day ahead. I click on this thread and genuinely laugh out loud. God they are so sh!te it really is unbelievable.

Thank god I was born in Bemmy and became a City fan by birth right.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Selred said:

What an interesting bunch who went and saw them play in Holland....

433E667A-5159-479B-A3F9-F6319C13F85B.jpeg

It is funny my mate whos a Man Utd fan, watches rovers and city a few times a season says there are definitely a lot more trampy / clampit fans at the mem.

Mind you these lot don't look as bad as swindon fans.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist

16 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Only 2015 could have the "ingenuity" (?!) to turn an industrial sized wheelie bin (on wheels as it was more than likely nicked), and turn in into an "ice bath". :laughcont:

They should get on to Dragon’s Den pronto with that idea - they could attract enough investment to purchase some ice to go in it...

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

It is funny my mate whos a Man Utd fan, watches rovers and city a few times a season says there are definitely a lot more trampy / clampit fans at the mem.

Mind you these lot don't look as bad as swindon fans.

My sister, who has no real interest in football, polices games for both us and Rovers and with no bias, other than knowing who I support, says that Rovers fans are far more bitter and full of agro than City fans. She says it’s like they’ve got a real chip on their shoulder and are a different breed to City fans, in general. Of course she also acknowledges that we also have our fair share of idiots, but in general, we are a far higher class of people than at the Mem. 

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

My sister, who has no real interest in football, polices games for both us and Rovers and with no bias, other than knowing who I support, says that Rovers fans are far more bitter and full of agro than City fans. She says it’s like they’ve got a real chip on their shoulder and are a different breed to City fans, in general. Of course she also acknowledges that we also have our fair share of idiots, but in general, we are a far higher class of people than at the Mem. 

because like their ground they are stuck in the 80's

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swede said:

On first viewing I thought the punky specimen looked like Gary Glitter

On first viewing I just thought it was fancy dress and that was a wig - it is a wig isn't it?