IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Q & A

What happened to the money from the sale of Eastville?   

No comment

What happened to the money from the sale of Ricky Lambert?

No comment

What happened to the money from the sale of the Memorial Ground carpark?

No comment

What happened to the £6 billion that Wally was supposed to have in the bank?

No comment

:gasmask:

The sale of Eastville funded the legendary last in the league side of 1939

• Like 1

3 hours ago, miser said:

The sale of Eastville funded the legendary last in the league side of 1939

So the sags were indebted to a certain Mr A. Hitler of the Reichstag, Berlin for saving them from relegation to non league, that was until a Mr C. Daniel of Mansfield did the job properly of course.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, myol'man said:

Q & A

What happened to the money from the sale of Eastville?   

No comment

What happened to the money from the sale of Ricky Lambert?

No comment

What happened to the money from the sale of the Memorial Ground carpark?

No comment

What happened to the £6 billion that Wally was supposed to have in the bank?

No comment

:gasmask:

What happened to the insurance money from the fire which destroyed the South Stand at Eastville (which, incidentally, was never rebuilt)?

Bloody 'teds burnt it down    No comment

What happened to the insurance money from the fire at Twerton Park? 

Bloody 'teds burnt it down      Bath City bastards had it all  No comment 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Oh no, he's only been there 5 minutes and he's caught the gas bull 5h!t bug already :grr:

Graham Coughlan on last weekend's performance;

"I put the DVD on and we reviewed the game, and I made a comment that is not like me, that we were like Barcelona"

Surely they would have watched a dvd of a girl with big tits?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

A club on the move

Perhaps he meant hysterical ...Historic and historical are used in slightly different ways. Historic means ‘famous or important in history’, as in a historic occasion, whereas historical means ‘concerning history or historical events’, as in historical evidence; thus a historic event is one that was very important, whereas a historical event is something that happened in the past.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Oh no, he's only been there 5 minutes and he's caught the gas bull 5h!t bug already :grr:

"I put the DVD on and we reviewed the game, and I made a comment that is not like me, that we were like Barcelona"

Jesus, BS levels just hit a new height. I mean come on, Barcelona, again, seriously?

38 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I do believe that there is a local team called Bristol Barcelona,or something similar,he must mean them.

26 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

DVD ? He actually meant  Betamax. :cool:

A rare instance of you being wrong Slarti. The Gas, being forward-thinking and smarting at our being newly ensconced in the top flight, threw what monies they had left in acquisition of a groundbreaking Video2000 system in an attempt to catch up....

Do they never learn..? Seriously...?! 

• Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Is Bar  Celona  in Kingswood still open? 

Maybe that's what Cockman was talking about?

Oh, sounds like it was an ideal place for your average gashead to take his sister on a night out;

Barcelona in Regent Street closed back in 2016, after South Gloucestershire Council revoked its licence due to problems involving assaults, underage drinking and poor security procedures.

9 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Oh, sounds like it was an ideal place for your average gashead to take his sister on a night out;

Barcelona in Regent Street closed back in 2016, after South Gloucestershire Council revoked its licence due to problems involving assaults, underage drinking and poor security procedures.

Odd. We had a Barcelona club in Plymouth. Also on Regent Street. Also closed for... security reasons (might have been the dealers selling behind the bar mind you).

I think he must getting confused with Pelynt FC who also play at The New Camp in Barcelona.

Pelynt Football Club play their home matches at Barcelona and have named their ground "the New Camp", due to having the same name as FC Barcelona of Spain who play at the Nou Camp.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barcelona%2C_Cornwall

• Like 1