IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Well, if we are being serious, Rovers were favourites, I just had a few correct scores come in £1640.00 for a £2.60 stake :) If I had held my nerve and not cashed out , Manchester  United's 2nd with the last kick of the game would have paid £4300.00!

Congratulations mate, fair play. You can buy The gAss now. 

Don’t waste the remaining £1600 though. 

• Haha 1

They were out in force last night on the Old Market bus stop having got the train back to Temple Meads from their Newport embarrassment. Got stuck standing on a bus with 5ft2 bald headed, 50 ish bloke. His opening gambit was a school playground grunt of “City or Rovers” which should have been a warning. That said we were having a relatively friendly chat about football, but I noticed he was slowly edging to bus nutter stage. Apparently he was a good friend of Wael and having spoken to him at Newport the the Fruit Market is still on for a 25000 all seater stadium. This was backed up by the firm belief that Lansdown wanted to sell all his shares and we were getting 20 points deducted next season. Yes, they are coming to get us! He got increasingly agitated as I should have been embarrassed about City going bankrupt in ‘82 and when I commented that companies go bust every day and it was 40 years ago and I didn’t really care he launched into a hale of abuse. After the tirade of effing s’head this, effing s’head that, that had most of the lower deck staring at him he then started looking round the bus asking the terrified passengers for supporting statements, all of which turned away probably fearing for their lives. Thank god I he got off the bus In Eastville. As the bus pulled away I waved and smiled and in the dimly lit dusk I saw his contorted features and a series complex finger gestures! 
What surprised me about this encounter was just how obsessed and bitter he was about us. As a quite friendly and personable chap I’ll chat to any supporter about football and would have been interested to here his take on his teams season, but he seem totally obsessed with City to the detriment of his support of his own club. I can’t really imagine what a sad and twisted existence he lives if that’s the level of communication he has with the bulk of people he meets on a day to day basis. I honestly felt quite sorry for him.

Edited by Flounder
Tidying up!
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Flounder said:

They were out in force last night on the Old Market bus stop having got the train back to Temple Meads from their Newport embarrassment. Got stuck standing on a bus with 5ft2 bald headed, 50 ish bloke. His opening gambit was a school playground grunt of “City or Rovers” which should have been a warning. That said we were having a relatively friendly chat about football, but I noticed he was slowly edging to bus nutter stage. Apparently he was a good friend of Wael and having spoken to him at Newport the the Fruit Market is still on for a 25000 all seater stadium. This was backed up by the firm belief that Lansdown wanted to sell all his shares and we were getting 20 points deducted next season. Yes, they are coming to get us! He got increasingly agitated as I should have been embarrassed about City going bankrupt in ‘82 and when I commented that companies go bust every day and it was 40 years ago and I didn’t really care he launched into a hale of abuse. After the tirade of effing s’head this, effing s’head that, that had most of the lower deck staring at him he then started looking round the bus asking the terrified passengers for supporting statements, all of which turned away probably fearing for their lives. Thank god I he got off the bus In Eastville. As the bus pulled away I waved and smiled and in the dimly lit dusk I saw his contorted features and a series complex finger gestures! 
What surprised me about this encounter was just how obsessed and bitter he was about us. As a quite friendly and personable chap I’ll chat to any supporter about football and would have been interested to here his take on his teams season, but he seem totally obsessed with City to the detriment of his support of his own club. I can’t really imagine what a sad and twisted existence he lives if that’s the level of communication he has with the bulk of people he meets on a day to day basis. I honestly felt quite sorry for him.

I didn't know you could get a bus to Henbury from Eastville. ;)

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, gl2 said:

sags winning, currently 1 win from play offs No Way Abandon Thread GIF

Yes, against the mighty Crawley. Unfortunately they do represent apart of the City of Bristol and are playing against villages in a ground smaller than Keynsham Town. That in itself is fine for me. 

20+ years on… tick tock

10 minutes ago, Malago said:

I prefer “ The manager getting banged up for domestic abuse at Wimbledon Magistrates Court in a few weeks” scenario myself.

When’s the date? Imagine he gets community service, has to do the Sunday the gash are in the play off final 

29 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

When’s the date? Imagine he gets community service, has to do the Sunday the gash are in the play off final 

Scheduled for a week on Friday.  The wife is refusing to give evidence but there’s audio tape of her distressed call to 999 which is the basis of the prosecution.  It’s a Magistrates court, so no dopey jury this time for his brief to hoodwink.  If he’s found guilty ???? would expect Wally will come under enormous pressure to sack him.  Can’t see any club this day and age being able to justify the employment of a wife beater.

Edited by Malago