IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Cotterill being abused by the crowd and then subsequently having Joey Barton whinge on about his tactics are two mutually exclusive issues. 

1 Bristol Rovers supporters are obsessed with Bristol City. Even a recent podcast by an independent fan referred to it “how did Bristol City get on”. I can not remember not once looking for their score, let alone asking about it. Cotterill getting shit was inevitable, although it seems the real antagonism was post match. 

2 Joey Barton having something shitty to say shocker. Small town no marks from Salop come to the Barcelona of league one and shut up shop shocker. It’s like Americans complaining about Guerrilla war fare, come out you yellow bastards and let us annihilate you!

3 My tongue is firmly in my cheek with point two, but really! Not a great start you grind out a point! Of course I guess that’s never happened over Eastville way

Im pretty sure I have never commented on this totally nonsense thread about a club that is as irrelevant to me as Chipping Sodbury Reserves and won’t again. If we have to have it can we put it somewhere else rather than the main City forum! We could then have the Cardiff Swindon Taunton sub sub forums and I wouldn’t get so pissed off seeing this shit when I log on! 

22 minutes ago, In the Net said:

You quoted one of my posts, so it seemed very much as though you were referring to me personally.  You obviously have anger issues, and seem to have singled me out as your online punchbag, you never offer any sensible debate.  Life's too short for that sort of sh*t, just to clarify I was not one of the people who complained about your post - I would have left it as it was, so that everybody could see your true colours. 

To be fair you get the opportunity to decide YOURSELF whether to come on here and be an online punchbag (slight over reaction imo). No such luxury for City fans on Gaschat……

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Cotterill being abused by the crowd and then subsequently having Joey Barton whinge on about his tactics are two mutually exclusive issues. 

1 Bristol Rovers supporters are obsessed with Bristol City. Even a recent podcast by an independent fan referred to it “how did Bristol City get on”. I can not remember not once looking for their score, let alone asking about it. Cotterill getting shit was inevitable, although it seems the real antagonism was post match. 

2 Joey Barton having something shitty to say shocker. Small town no marks from Salop come to the Barcelona of league one and shut up shop shocker. It’s like Americans complaining about Guerrilla war fare, come out you yellow bastards and let us annihilate you!

3 My tongue is firmly in my cheek with point two, but really! Not a great start you grind out a point! Of course I guess that’s never happened over Eastville way

Im pretty sure I have never commented on this totally nonsense thread about a club that is as irrelevant to me as Chipping Sodbury Reserves and won’t again. If we have to have it can we put it somewhere else rather than the main City forum! We could then have the Cardiff Swindon Taunton sub sub forums and I wouldn’t get so pissed off seeing this shit when I log on! 

Bristol Rvers dustbin thread - Page 2886 - Football Chat - One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Whenever something doesn’t go his way the horrible scouse bastard just cannot help himself.

When they lost at Portsmouth he abused the other Manager describing him as a PE Teacher. Now says Cotterill is too old etc etc. 

The bloke is a weapon. He just cant take losing or drawing with teams he thinks they should have beat because they are a massive club. Typical Gas mentality - They deserve each other - Tin Pot

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

What would make anyone say “I wish you were dead” to an opposition manager, player or, indeed, any other human being?

Believe they chanted something about having a party when Matty Taylor died, certainly seen it Tweeted.

Lovely, family club, aren’t they?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

It’s nothing personal . I’ve happily conversed with you plenty of times & you generally post sensible debate or banter. I just couldn’t get my head around why anybody especially a woman would back Barton . You’re more than welcome on here. Apologies if it came across angry or aggressive. It wasn’t my attention at all.

Fair enough - I appreciate that, online people sometimes read comments as coming across in a different way than the writer intended.  I was probably of guilty of doing that earlier, reading more into your post than you meant.  Have a good weekend. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I know who my money would have been on in a fight (when they were both in their prime), Cotts would have taken him apart, unless, of course Joey bag was carrying a good old scouse shiv !

To be fair I expect Barton would have probably had a packet of fags to stub out on Cotts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Steve Cotterill condemns crowd abuse after Shrewsbury draw at Bristol Rovers

52a3d35c2b498061b9f8f43d60dbeab2Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjYxNzEwNTY2-2.65612587.jpg?w=1200&ssl=1

Shrewsbury manager Steve Cotterill has condemned the Bristol Rovers fans who subjected him to a torrent of vile abuse following the 1-1 draw at Memorial Ground.

The former Bristol City manager was heading to the touchline for his post-match interview duties when home fans in the stands stopped him in his tracks and attacked him with a series of four-letter words.

A fan also yelled “I wish you were dead” at Cotterill, who had a brush with death during a lengthy battle with Covid-19 last season.

Cotterill was involved in a verbal confrontation with the small group of middle-aged men remaining in the stands before a fellow Rovers fan silenced them as children milled about on the ground.

“I came back here as a former Bristol city manager who has been successful and still has a home in the city,” said Cotterill.

“Such abuse is not acceptable, but I have a lot of good friends who are ardent Rovers fans.

“There are some people who decide that they want to have something to say, but I don’t know what you can do about it. You have to take it.

“They’re far enough away from you, but there are a lot of people who are brave when they’re 20 or 30 feet away.

“The administration was pretty good and another guy told them to shut up, but unfortunately this happens in football. Fortunately, it is an isolated incident.”

Pretty despicable - glad that somebody had the decency to shut them up. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

To be fair you get the opportunity to decide YOURSELF whether to come on here and be an online punchbag (slight over reaction imo). No such luxury for City fans on Gaschat……

Fair comment that I come on here of my own free will, I probably need to start making better life choices! ?

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

So last week the opposition coaches had no experience and don't understand the modern game, this week the coach is too experienced to understand the modern game?

I wonder what will happen if they meet a team with a Manager in that sweet spot in between?

That already happened, they got demolished at Barnsley.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/20059/cotterrill

The absolute state of a few of these ****ts on here FFS beggars belief how they try and justify it ??‍♂️

3 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

To be fair, most of them are condemning it

I'd say it's about 50 50. Some condemn it but with caveats. Example below.

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

Indeed, but another was upset that they "role around on the ground and waist time". 

Is waist time like face time for fat people?

Ignoring the shocking use of the English language, this idiot and others like him on that thread, think that timewasting is worthy of a death threat. Members of the Taliban are probably reading that and thinking that's a bit reactionary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edada said:

3BD9AB5A-15E5-49FB-B33D-8B5C7E328675.thumb.png.f5b71faaa11698ec25d08718d624c43f.pngSo long since we’ve been there. They’re still using portaloos - all four of them. Rivalled only by Swindon.

They have portaloos  ?

How the hell do they get away with that ?

And their cowardly thug of a manager has the audacity to say everything about the club "is Championship" :laughcont:

A total shambles of a club - tinpot is an understatement.

As to their supporters - they have much more than their fair share who regularly display moronic behaviour.

Family club ? Having a laugh.

I understand their shitty little ground is now back up to full capacity, so what was the attendance yesterday ? 8,570 :laughcont:

Pathetic, grubby, little club.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

17 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

So last week the opposition coaches had no experience and don't understand the modern game, this week the coach is too experienced to understand the modern game?

I wonder what will happen if they meet a team with a Manager in that sweet spot in between?

I will say Shrewsbury really were god awful to watch, but there is more than one way to play football. To be serious for a moment, it has been great to watch Rovers play this year, it really is entertaining stuff, but I've seen plenty of Rovers sides (and many other teams) try to kill a game and it's just part of football. Shrewsbury really were desperately dull though, I can't imagine he had City playing like that when you won the league.