IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 28/08/2022 at 16:03, Port Said Red said:

Weird because the stats don't back that up at all.

Well I was there and I can promise you, whatever the stats say it was a god awful game and that was largely down to Shrewsbury killing the game. I'm not complaining, any team can play anyway they choose, but it was boring as ****.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Strange comment for a Gashead to come out with, given the crap you have to watch week in, week out.

Rovers have been great to watch, pretty much since January, I like to think I'm pretty fair minded when describing a game and have been on here more than once over the years to say how shite we have been, but we just have been a very entertaining side of late.  Whether that continues with the loss of two stars of the last campaign and the step up to League One, who knows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Rovers have been great to watch, pretty much since January, I like to think I'm pretty fair minded when describing a game and have been on here more than once over the years to say how shite we have been, but we just have been a very entertaining side of late.  Whether that continues with the loss of two stars of the last campaign and the step up to League One, who knows.

If the footballs so good why are your crowds so low ?

Edited by Jim Davey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

If you take away the one game against Burton,  who are sitting miserably at the mottom of the table and only had 10 men against you for the entire match - you've scored 4 goals in the other 6 games this season,  so far. 

That doesn't illustrate being particularly great to watch. 

Maybe I'm reading too much into the scorelines alone & not giving you the credit that's due...... 

Oh no,  you appear to have an average of just over 2 shots on target PG, over those same six games. 

Great to watch..! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Logged back on for the first time in a while to comment on the Baker retirement thread but might as well pop back in here.

I don't have much to say though in all honesty as I vowed never to go back to the Mem until Barton was gone, and I haven't. Have watched the odd game on IPTV but can't even be arsed with that now. Not the club I recognise with some absolute ***** in charge and some deluded mugs on the terrace.

Thankfully as an Arsenal 'follower' it's not been a bad time to keep more of an eye on them.

Hope everyone is still ok, have enjoyed interacting with many of you fine people over the years, hope you are all well, healthy and happy. Much love x

Welcome back.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There's rivalry in all sport, some players or clubs or managers you just have a dislike for like Colin for example, but I would never wish him dead. What sort of people actually say these terrible things? Who in their right mind would publicly state they'd wish a former player or anybody connected with another football club dead?

Absolutely disgusting and senseless.

• Like 4

Just now, Swede said:

There's rivalry in all sport, some players or clubs or managers you just have a dislike for like Colin for example, but I would never wish him dead. What sort of people actually say these terrible things? Who in their right mind would publicly state they'd wish a former player or anybody connected with another football club dead?

Absolutely disgusting and senseless.

100%. I know it's true that all clubs have their morons but when we have a manager with a rap sheet longer than your arm what do you expect. Sad to see some people trying to dismiss it as 'banter' too. The same people sang songs a few weeks back about Matt Taylor dying. Shocking.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, HoldenBall said:

With that wife beating idiot in charge the minimal is just a glorified EDL rally every weekend now.. surely the most detestable club in England now, even for neutrals.. 

Sadly, I can't disagree with this. Even seeing 'Manager: Joey Barton' on the programme must make literally any opposition fans think we are a disgrace.

30 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Sadly, I can't disagree with this. Even seeing 'Manager: Joey Barton' on the programme must make literally any opposition fans think we are a disgrace.

OK, that’s enough… get yourself down to Ashton Gate and get hold of a proper football shirt. ( what with the colour and style, plus the super impressive stadium you’ll feel like you’re watching Arsenal on steroids every week).. enjoy the rest of your life.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, FNQ said:

OK, that’s enough… get yourself down to Ashton Gate and get hold of a proper football shirt. ( what with the colour and style, plus the super impressive stadium you’ll feel like you’re watching Arsenal on steroids every week).. enjoy the rest of your life.

Appreciate the kind offer FNQ but I'm afraid I can't do it ?

I did laugh at a long time Rovers fan (who incidentally was very vocally 'not a penny more' when that knob was appointed but now goes every week) tweeted 'mind the gap' after two games. We could be in the Championship and above you, and it would still be an absolute chasm...!

Just now, petehinton said:

Big three days left for the abuser to sign…..6 players. That’s what he said would happen anyway, surely wasn’t a ploy to excite fans to love him more for no reason ?

The bloke is an absolute tool and if he told you it was raining you'd look out the window to check...

It's ok though, he is following a couple of negligent managers but built a squad last season with two ageing crocks as the only striker options and this season is having to play a player coach who doesn't even want to be here.

Its ruining my day already talking about him if I'm honest 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

The bloke is an absolute tool and if he told you it was raining you'd look out the window to check...

It's ok though, he is following a couple of negligent managers but built a squad last season with two ageing crocks as the only striker options and this season is having to play a player coach who doesn't even want to be here.

Whelan being the player coach i assume? What’s the craic there?

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Whelan being the player coach i assume? What’s the craic there?

Yep. We had him on a short term contract last season. He was ok, nothing special but probably decent for the squad. Offered him a renewal in the summer and he declined saying he didn't want to play any more and he wasn't keen on travelling. Fast forward a few weeks and he's a player/coach as a compromise and good old Joey's squad building is so good he's starting several games in a row. Oh, all while his wife has a whinge on Twitter that 'you don't use Glenn's picture when you win, only when you lose'. (Yes, seriously).

• Haha 6

14 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Well I was there and I can promise you, whatever the stats say it was a god awful game and that was largely down to Shrewsbury killing the game. I'm not complaining, any team can play anyway they choose, but it was boring as ****.

I hate to say it Miah but I have a Shrewsbury supporting mate who thought you were awful and the worst team they played all season and were just terrible to watch

2 hours ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

You are literally one in a million lad. By that I mean out of one million Gas (conservative estimate excluding car park lock outs) you are literally the only one that can see good old Joey is a total ? regardless of results.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You are literally one in a million lad. By that I mean out of one million Gas (conservative estimate excluding car park lock outs) you are literally the only one that can see good old Joey is a total ? regardless of results.

He could get us promoted to the Premier League and playing Champions League football but he'd still be a total ****. And that's a fact. The sooner he's gone, the better. Rather be playing Braintree again in the Conference with Darrell Clarke than be succeeding with this scumbag in charge.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Another poster (Seventeen I think) hasn't been to a game since thug Barton took over.

• Like 4

Just now, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

He could get us promoted to the Premier League and playing Champions League football but he'd still be a total ****. And that's a fact. The sooner he's gone, the better. Rather be playing Braintree again in the Conference with Darrell Clarke than be succeeding with this scumbag in charge.

I made my opinion clear a few posts back. When you don't get the results you want you DO NOT go bagging fellow professional managers.......two weeks on the spin too. It's unprofessional and makes you look a right cock.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I made my opinion clear a few posts back. When you don't get the results you want you DO NOT go bagging fellow professional managers.......two weeks on the spin too. It's unprofessional and makes you look a right cock.

Add the two previous Rovers managers as well, these are all managers who are well respected in the game

3 hours ago, harrys said:

I hate to say it Miah but I have a Shrewsbury supporting mate who thought you were awful and the worst team they played all season and were just terrible to watch

Well, we are all entitled to an opinion I suppose. Rovers were poor on Saturday, but Shrewsbury really did all they could to kill the game stone dead. My posts have been saying we have been great to watch since January - and for those who are so fond of quoting stats on here- I believe I am right in saying than we have won more games in2022 than any other league team, that was certainly the case up until a couple of weeks ago.

This season- like last- hasn't started so well, I have said elsewhere that maybe the step up and the loss of two star players from last season will prove very telling, because 6 games in and we have only put in 2 good performances and one of those was against what appears to be a very poor team who were down to 10 men for virtually the entire game.

My other concern would be that the performance at Barnsley- which I watched on I follow- we were lucky to only lose 3-0 and that against a team who. from memory. were utter shite last year, which could well show that we will be looking towards the bottom half of the table rather than the top.

Anyway, long, long way to go and all that and I do have  a fair bit of faith in the squad- they earned that last season- and a manager (and I'm talking about him purely in football terms) who knows how to get the best out of his players.

I'm hoping my absence this Saturday against Morecambe may inspire them :)

I am off glory hunting at Celtic for the week. annoying I booked flights Friday to Monday for me and my wife, but now we have gone and drawn Real Madrid on the Tuesday I have had to extend my stay , bin the flights and will drive up.

So if anyone fancies a weekend for 2 in Glasgow- I have some flights going cheap!

36 minutes ago, TomF said:

Written by the Evening Post’ “Life Writer” I note.

Now I’m not sure there are many things more diametrically opposed than “life” and “Chasers” 

41 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I am off glory hunting at Celtic for the week. annoying I booked flights Friday to Monday for me and my wife, but now we have gone and drawn Real Madrid on the Tuesday I have had to extend my stay , bin the flights and will drive up.

Loyal and true, those bhoys in blue.

Edited by CiderJar
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

I have to admire your pluck in challenging that credulous mob on the Rovers fans forum.

Many have wondered how such seemingly incompatible characters as Mr Al-Quidi and Mr Barton could find common purpose and the answer may be that they are both, in their own way, Gaslighters.

Here is an interesting article from Forbes magazine.

Gaslighters: Aggressors Playing The Victim

One of the ways that gaslighters/narcissists exert their power through playing the victim.  In relationships, gaslighters play the victim in order to manipulate and guilt their partners into doing their will.  On a global stage, when gaslighter "plays the role" of a victim, it takes on a different tone.  A gaslighting leader who plays the victim rallies supporters into defending the gaslighter against a perceived enemy.  This serves two purposes—to distract from the gaslighter's behavior and to keep the perceived enemy off-kilter by quickly switching from an aggressor to a victim.

The gaslighter attacks whenever someone questions or criticizes the gaslighter's behavior—and whoever stands up for those who question the gaslighter are similarly attacked.  However, when the pressure is on the gaslighter, they play the "poor me" card quickly.

What should you do when you go from being attacked by a gaslighter to being painted as the aggressor by the same person?  You could immediately defend yourself, but you run the risk of looking like you are validating the gaslighter's accusations.  If you stay silent and wait for the gaslighter's comments to die down, damage may already have been done to your reputation.  This is exactly what the gaslighter seeks—putting you in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.  That is where the gaslighter gets his power.  Controlling through playing the victim gets the gaslighter as much attention as being an aggressor.

Maybe a combination of defense and then laying low is the solution.  State the truth, with verification of that truth—then let the gaslighter's comments ride out their impact.  When a gaslighter makes enough swings from aggressor and victim towards the same source, others start to notice the pattern.  Then people will immediately question the source when the gaslighter acts as if they have been "done wrong."

24 minutes ago, bert tann said:

I have to admire your pluck in challenging that credulous mob on the Rovers fans forum.

Many have wondered how such seemingly incompatible characters as Mr Al-Quidi and Mr Barton could find common purpose and the answer may be that they are both, in their own way, Gaslighters.

Here is an interesting article from Forbes magazine.

Gaslighters: Aggressors Playing The Victim

One of the ways that gaslighters/narcissists exert their power through playing the victim.  In relationships, gaslighters play the victim in order to manipulate and guilt their partners into doing their will.  On a global stage, when gaslighter "plays the role" of a victim, it takes on a different tone.  A gaslighting leader who plays the victim rallies supporters into defending the gaslighter against a perceived enemy.  This serves two purposes—to distract from the gaslighter's behavior and to keep the perceived enemy off-kilter by quickly switching from an aggressor to a victim.

The gaslighter attacks whenever someone questions or criticizes the gaslighter's behavior—and whoever stands up for those who question the gaslighter are similarly attacked.  However, when the pressure is on the gaslighter, they play the "poor me" card quickly.

What should you do when you go from being attacked by a gaslighter to being painted as the aggressor by the same person?  You could immediately defend yourself, but you run the risk of looking like you are validating the gaslighter's accusations.  If you stay silent and wait for the gaslighter's comments to die down, damage may already have been done to your reputation.  This is exactly what the gaslighter seeks—putting you in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.  That is where the gaslighter gets his power.  Controlling through playing the victim gets the gaslighter as much attention as being an aggressor.

Maybe a combination of defense and then laying low is the solution.  State the truth, with verification of that truth—then let the gaslighter's comments ride out their impact.  When a gaslighter makes enough swings from aggressor and victim towards the same source, others start to notice the pattern.  Then people will immediately question the source when the gaslighter acts as if they have been "done wrong."

Hope someone put this on that joke of a forum of theirs.