IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I will say Shrewsbury really were god awful to watch, but there is more than one way to play football. To be serious for a moment, it has been great to watch Rovers play this year, it really is entertaining stuff, but I've seen plenty of Rovers sides (and many other teams) try to kill a game and it's just part of football. Shrewsbury really were desperately dull though, I can't imagine he had City playing like that when you won the league.

No, but we'd assembled a team with most of the best players in that division: It was electrifying stuff.

Cotts has had to cut his cloth to suit the Shrews more modest circumstances. If he plays for a point on the road and three at home, he'll be just using his resources to their best advantage. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

No, but we'd assembled a team with most of the best players in that division: It was electrifying stuff.

Cotts has had to cut his cloth to suit the Shrews more modest circumstances. If he plays for a point on the road and three at home, he'll be just using his resources to their best advantage. 

My thoughts exactly. I said in the bar after the game, the more the Rovers crowd booed the Shrewsbury tactics, the more those players would have been thinking 'yeah, this is working'

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

My thoughts exactly. I said in the bar after the game, the more the Rovers crowd booed the Shrewsbury tactics, the more those players would have been thinking 'yeah, this is working'

Exactly. Plus surely if your game was really turgid, it would have made concentrating on the updates from the City game a lot easier.

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I will say Shrewsbury really were god awful to watch, but there is more than one way to play football. To be serious for a moment, it has been great to watch Rovers play this year, it really is entertaining stuff, but I've seen plenty of Rovers sides (and many other teams) try to kill a game and it's just part of football. Shrewsbury really were desperately dull though, I can't imagine he had City playing like that when you won the league.

Weird because the stats don't back that up at all.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Weird because the stats don't back that up at all.

Shrews had 20 attempts on goal with 5 on target

Tin pot had 9 attempts on goal with just 2 on target

I thought I heard that thug Barton say Shrews scored with their only attempt on goal....

Tin Pots goalie had to make 4 saves whilst Shrews keeper had just one to make.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

This is right of course, Shrewsbury will look at it and say their tactics worked and if the stats are anything to go by should of won

Looking at the the league one table 

championship club in the making ( joeys words not mine ) will have a lot of work to do to get anywhere near it this year . 
look at the top 6 at the moment all very big clubs and have championship wrote all over them .All except posh but saying that they always seem to do well in league 1 .

good luck joey boy think your gonna need it this year .

I can see a lot of rants after games this season .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Yes, but I'm sure his budget with City was a damn sight bigger than he has with Shrews.

8 hours ago, redkev said:

Not that we will be playing them anytime soon , would love to see if thug joey would give nige any stick or slag him off 

think if he did he would meet his match 

Bit strange to say that considering we are only a league apart.

1 hour ago, redkev said:

Looking at the the league one table 

championship club in the making ( joeys words not mine ) will have a lot of work to do to get anywhere near it this year . 
look at the top 6 at the moment all very big clubs and have championship wrote all over them .All except posh but saying that they always seem to do well in league 1 .

good luck joey boy think your gonna need it this year .

I can see a lot of rants after games this season .

Premier League club wasn’t it?

Or was it the supporters he described as ‘Premier League’? Not sure there are many clubs in the Prem that would struggle to fill a tiny ground like the Mem but there you go…

As for how the season will pan out, best not to make any predictions just yet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

And yet they had 20 shots to your, probably scuffed , 9.

Love how it still rankles with the Scum that Cotts laid the ghost of 1990 with a title win and picked up the FL Trophy for good measure while that scabby Horfield Rag Ass outfit were out of the EFL losing to such titans of the game as Braintree and Bath.

Cotts has everything that Sharton could never have in a billion incarnations - likability, fortitude in the face of serious illness, class, and silverware.

There were two highly objectionable managers at the Pisspoorial Mound yeaterday, and neither of them was named Steve Cotterill.

FTG

• Like 2

11 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Ah yes, the team with more goal attempts, shots on target, blocked shots, corners, offsides, throw ins and dangerous attacks, and forced more saves and conceded less fouls, was definitely the team with inferior tactics...

Screenshot_20220828-080635~2.png

You must remember, Shrewsbury were employing “the dark arts”. It must be tue, as nearly everyone said so on the Gas forum 

Just now, pongo88 said:

You must remember, Shrewsbury were employing “the dark arts”. It must be tue, as nearly everyone said so on the Gas forum 

And also according to the gobby Gashead in the pub last night.

Shrews came playing for a draw up against the mighty Rovers and were time wasting and falling over from the first minute. 

Apparently didn't have a shot on target (they had 5, TinPot had 2), and the keeper didn't have a save to make (TinPot keeper had 4, Shrews keeper had one).

Another TinPot tit lying to big up his club and, in some misguided sense of reflected glory, himself.

Rolled eyes all round..

• Like 1

Quite disrespectful and bitter from Barton. 

SC is a 'get on with the job' kind of manager and is already proven.

Club to club circumstances and the job required changes. I thought we played some cracking football that season and he certainly can't be labled as anything regardless of what the Shrews played like on Sat.

Quite glad he was able to frustrate them as much as he clearly has.

Nice one Cotts!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, redkev said:

Glass half empty for you then is it . 
no way can see them going up and from what I’ve seen from us so far this season we seem to be heading in the right direction at last 

We all said that last season. Unlikely yes but you never know.

• Haha 1

Just now, maxjak said:

I see Gasheads are displaying their class again?..........by abusing SC during his TV post match interview.     Don't want to repeat some of their alleged comments, suffice to say that they were very personal and disgusting.              

I think you will find that this has been covered in detail on this thread.