IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Not much of a crowd there.

It's called a pre-season friendly 45 mins before kick off

I fully accept , as you said yourself that you Sags would regard it as 'a crowd'

Sobering to think that one shiny new stand holds more than your whole tented village

:thumbsup::laughcont:

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

I was in a pub with a Peterborough fan on Tuesday watching his mob against Notts County. He was obviously a keen follower as he was chatting about grounds visited. 

He said he always liked Ashton Gate and would like to see it now, and without prompting he said "been to Rovers too, bit tinpot aren't they?" 

This from someone who calls London Road home! :)

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 2

Now I'm sure Whale Alquaida previously said they 'were only looking at the UWE site and have no interest in any other'? Now, by all accounts, he has tweeted  'A merry xmas and reassuring that we will DEFINITELY be getting a new stadium, if not at uwe then somewhere else'.

Curtains for UWE then? There's a surprise.

Edited by 8menhadadream

• Admin
18 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Now I'm sure Whale Alquaida previously said they 'were only looking at the UWE site and have no interest in any other'? Now, by all accounts, he has tweeted  'A merry xmas and reassuring that we will DEFINITELY be getting a new stadium, if not at uwe then somewhere else'.

Curtains for UWE then? There's a surprise.

Looks like Chinese Whispers @8menhadadream

Screenshot_20161222-174403.png

• Like 1

After me recently badgering wael on twitter he has just pm'd me wishing a merry xmas and reassuring that we will DEFINITELY be getting a new stadium, if not at uwe then somewhere else. I think a plan b may be coming together. Fair play to him.

plan b to ask forest green to ground share 

26 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

After me recently badgering wael on twitter he has just pm'd me wishing a merry xmas and reassuring that we will DEFINITELY be getting a new stadium, if not at uwe then somewhere else. I think a plan b may be coming together. Fair play to him.

Or Qatar Rovers.

32 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Revamp of the mem set to be announced then

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Star of a gunner said:

Their getting hardons about a 11,000 crowd on Boxing Day  f.c.u.k  ing knobheads 

...and some clown on their forum is still talking about their 'hordes of fans up and down the country..' - yep, they have fans in every town and city in our fair country, everyone's fave club, they all hate the Teds but love the 'unique' kit of Bristol's minnows....

'Hordes'?????!!!!

They boast of 'Gas Invasions' of Notts Co and Chesterfield - yet their average away following is half ours this season (independent research) and they still seem to boycott most of their home games...

But, all is not lost, they are going crazy about the prospect of getting a Boxing Day crowd that would fit comfortably into ONE of our four stands...

And they are still coming for us don't ya know...#TickTock....Wahey! Jingle Bollox...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cynic said:

Do they have the funds to do that ?

I would think not, average build cost is around 2k per seat, so a 15k seater revamp would be 30m.

They could always have a word with Billy Smarts to see if they have any old tents I suppose.

Great outdoors always has a decent sale in January. 

They've had a history of shitting themselves whenever they are granted planning permission. Always looking for someone to blame when they can't build a new ground. For years they blamed the council. 

Council eventually gave them permission to redo the mem after no site could be found after 20 years of half hearted attempts to find a place. No money higgs then delays and delays things, blaming everybody but his bank balance. Eventually finds a get out clause by talking to uwe. 

I swear he hoped planning wouldn't be granted but unfortunately for him it was. Again delay after delay. With nowhere to go he sells up.

Same thing with new owners. Everything in place yet delays due to the flimsy excuse of needing a feasibility study. Looks like they're are now gearing towards another excuse to pull out. 

But of course the gas heads need to be appeased somehow. So plan B will likely be another pipe dream with ready made excuses in the back ground whilst the fans are spun a yarn for the next 5 years. 

I'd feel sorry for them if they actually woke up to all the BS. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

They've had a history of shitting themselves whenever they are granted planning permission. Always looking for someone to blame when they can't build a new ground. For years they blamed the council. 

Council eventually gave them permission to redo the mem after no site could be found after 20 years of half hearted attempts to find a place. No money higgs then delays and delays things, blaming everybody but his bank balance. Eventually finds a get out clause by talking to uwe. 

I swear he hoped planning wouldn't be granted but unfortunately for him it was. Again delay after delay. With nowhere to go he sells up.

Same thing with new owners. Everything in place yet delays due to the flimsy excuse of needing a feasibility study. Looks like they're are now gearing towards another excuse to pull out. 

But of course the gas heads need to be appeased somehow. So plan B will likely be another pipe dream with ready made excuses in the back ground whilst the fans are spun a yarn for the next 5 years. 

I'd feel sorry for them if they actually woke up to all the BS. 

Let's be honest here, they were getting the UWE land on the cheap, as usual, in exchange for the stadium naming rights. Now the UWE actually want market value for the land they're up in arms about it and saying UWE are holding them to ransom. Why should the UWE give them the land for less than market value? Would they sell their houses for 1/4 of the actual value if any of them actually owned one? I think not.

There is no way they should be given anything cheap, they're the 6th richest club in the world aren't they or something like that?

Edited by 8menhadadream
  • Like 3