IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

I really don't know what you lot are so unhappy about.

The league tables as they stand tonight are just about perfect in our historical positions.

It was always this way until we got a bit dodgy in 2001.

You are struggling not to get into a relegation spot in the Championship, and we are struggling to get into a promotion slot in League 1.

Just accept it. 

You really are not Chelsea, and we are really not North Ferriby United.

but you know that you would probably lose to North Ferriby because losing to non league garbage is a given for Rovers, whereas we have beaten Chelsea.

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

According to one of their latest threads about Points West being riddled with "Ted's" they are saying that Bristol is 50% blue. Official attendances would suggest otherwise? Might have to make a quick phone call to HMRC?

I'm not even sure Kingswood is 50% blue anymore let alone Bristol. Loads of red on this side of town now, especially amongst the younger generation.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

I really don't know what you lot are so unhappy about.

The league tables as they stand tonight are just about perfect in our historical positions.

It was always this way until we got a bit dodgy in 2001.

You are struggling not to get into a relegation spot in the Championship, and we are struggling to get into a promotion slot in League 1.

Just accept it. 

You really are not Chelsea, and we are really not North Ferriby United.

Truth of the matter is Fleabag you've spent more time in the conference than the championship since 2001. Judging that your poxy club still uses sheet covers when it gets a little cold (and couldn't find any fans to help take them off, har har har) just shows you might be a 3rd tier club on paper, but you still act like the non league, semi pro shite that you were just a couple of years ago. 

Now don't forget to colour in those special little blue and white quatered whiteboards..Also I hope you didn't have an open top bus parade for selling out Chernobyls junksite on boxing day, we know you'd never turn up. 

Edited by Sergio Georgini
  • Like 9

12 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

According to one of their latest threads about Points West being riddled with "Ted's" they are saying that Bristol is 50% blue. Official attendances would suggest otherwise? Might have to make a quick phone call to HMRC?

This season's attendances would suggest it is about 30%.

That blue "half" of Bristol line peddled by the local media (and them) has been a myth for years.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That blue "half" of Bristol line peddled by the local media (and them) has been a myth for years.

For at least forty years that I know of. And I grew up in an area, Patchway, that is alleged to be hard-core Rovers . Well it wasn't in the 70s/80s, not even close. And I'm guessing it hasn't swung in their favour in the 30 years since.

15 hours ago, GrahamC said:

back in the nineties I played football for a pub team in downend  in what is supposed to be an all rovers area ,everyone in the team was city apart from gashead and in the pub ninety percent of the locals were city.

30 minutes ago, Star of a gunner said:

back in the nineties I played football for a pub team in downend  in what is supposed to be an all rovers area ,everyone in the team was city apart from gashead and in the pub ninety percent of the locals were city.

As someone who is deep in the heart of South Bristol it fills my heart to hear these tales, I've always been of the the belief that anywhere the other side of the River was at least 50/50 or even a majority of Gas

23 minutes ago, harrys said:

As someone who is deep in the heart of South Bristol it fills my heart to hear these tales, I've always been of the the belief that anywhere the other side of the River was at least 50/50 or even a majority of Gas

I lived in Lockleaze for several years (which is how I know their fans aren't anywhere near as loud at home as they pretend they are. It's actually North Bristols biggest library for most games), often used to see lads wearing City shirts, especially on Saturdays when City were at home as many would catch the direct bus service to AG. 

During one tournament (either the Euros or WC, can't remember which) one house just off Dovercourt Road had a huge St George flag hanging from the bedroom windows with 'Bristol City' written across it....this is 5 minutes walk from the Mem.

28 minutes ago, harrys said:

Really? All City round here. Maybe the occasional silent Gas, .......but I blame the sprouts.

Living in the bradley stoke area I can confirm that its not all rovers at all. When city and rovers were both on tv on the opening day of the season the pubs were half and half. I also went to a training session a couple of times and there was several city shirts to one rovers.

Not that this really means anything but south glos/north bristol area is definately not dominated by rovers. Another myth they would have everyone believe.

On 27/12/2016 at 21:33, 8menhadadream said:

I'm not even sure Kingswood is 50% blue anymore let alone Bristol. Loads of red on this side of town now, especially amongst the younger generation.

I'm sorry but you are wrong, just wrong.Kingswood is 99% Gas even with comment about the younger generation -  just like Bedminster in 99% City. There's always pockets of both sides in each others historical heartlands but let' use tinted colour glasses glaze over the truth..

Until a year and a half ago I used to live,and work in knowle.Just off the top of my head I can count 50 gasheads that I used to serve at my old job daily that I got to know through banter and the same number of city fans as well.Does that mean knowle is now Gas land? Of course not.

I've always said that if you asked the football fans that live in the Bristol area which football team that they support I think City would have 25/30k fans and Rovers would have 23/28k.That does not mean that these people go to games,but if asked they follow one of the two bristol clubs as there first choice club and that are spread through out our fine city of ours.

Let's use some common sense and logic here. 

Edited by icegas

20 minutes ago, icegas said:

I'm sorry but you are wrong, just wrong.Kingswood is 99% Gas even with comment about the younger generation -  just like Bedminster in 99% City. .

I've always said that if you asked the football fans that live in the Bristol area which football team that they support I think City would have 25/30k fans and Rovers would have 23/28k.That does not mean that these people go to games,but if asked they follow one of the two bristol clubs as there first choice club and that are spread through out our fine city of ours.

"Common sense and logic"!

Our average attendance this season is 19,300, which even taking into account away fans is a suspiciously high percentage of our "25-30k fans" when it is compared to your season's average of 9,100 when you are supposed to have "23-28k fans" isn't it?

By the way, your higher crowds this season are on the back of successive promotions and up to five weeks ago what looked like a season of being play off contenders. Despite this (Xmas apart) you don't get anywhere near to selling out your tiny little ground (despite your club pretending, it isn't really a "stadium", is it?) even though you are now again based in what is supposed to be your heartland, North Bristol.

I can only come to one of two conclusions, if you do have the numbers of supporters that you claim then despite what the local media and your club keep telling us, your actual "support" is pretty shit.

Otherwise and much more likely though is that you simply don't have that number of fans interested in your club and so your current average is, as I said before, only actually about 30% of Bristol's football fans.

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, icegas said:

I'm sorry but you are wrong, just wrong.Kingswood is 99% Gas even with comment about the younger generation -  just like Bedminster in 99% City. There's always pockets of both sides in each others historical heartlands but let' use tinted colour glasses glaze over the truth..

Until a year and a half ago I used to live,and work in knowle.Just off the top of my head I can count 50 gasheads that I used to serve at my old job daily that I got to know through banter and the same number of city fans as well.Does that mean knowle is now Gas land? Of course not.

what a load of old bollocks....70/30 allover Bristol in city favour and then within a 50/60 mile radius of Bristol even more in citys favour....fact....always have been and always will be in our shadow

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, icegas said:

Why isn't Pripyat rammed to the gunwales for every home match?

1 hour ago, icegas said:

So, by those numbers, 2/3 of all city fans in Bristol attend games compared to 1/3 of gas fans who attend games.

You ask for common sense and logic yet just pluck a number out of the air. Standard gas. The only fact is there are more City fans in Bristol than there are Gas.

Facebook likes don't count

• Like 2