IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

23 minutes ago, Hello said:

Taking everything with a pinch of salt, Wael said funding was there (in what form and from whom, who knows). The problem appears to be coming to an agreement with UWE on the land

A great man once said, "the funding is in place; and his been for sometime".  

A great man also said "the contract is watertight".

• Like 3

18 hours ago grayraydon likes this
Post Options

Post by GasheadGaz on 18 hours ago

Topper Gas Avatar
womble Avatar
19 hours ago  womble said:
The restrictions were added as part of the planning permission (entirely reasonably in my view), they weren't inevitable at the start of the process.

But if you felt they were entirely reasonable then surely somebody could have warned GoD before he spent £1000's getting pp? Likewise how was NH Mem plans going to work but suddenly become unworkable because of the credit crisis.

There always seems an excuse at Rovers not to get on and build us a new ground! 

The latest being the Al Q's don't like NH's plans to lease the ground but, seemingly, aren't prepared to pay the going rate for the ground. Why the hell didn't they speak to the UWE directly before buying the club and so raising all our hopes.

"The latest being the Al Q's don't like NH's plans to lease the ground but, seemingly, aren't prepared to pay the going rate for the ground. Why the hell didn't they speak to the UWE directly before buying the club and so raising all our hopes."

With all due respect, do you know if any of this is true, or, is it all guesswork on your behalf?

why should UWE or south glos  give you the land or any land

get your check book out and buy it

would you give back the mem to the ruby lot ?

or let house builders have it on the cheap ?

hello can you answer this 

16 minutes ago, cynic said:

I was under the impression that the land was gifted to UWE by HP for the betterment of the university and couldn't be sold ?

If so, the freehold will always be with UWE.

Assuming that is the case, raising money for a stadium that is worthless without the land it sits on would be nigh on impossible - who would invest in something that is only valuable to Bristol Rovers ? 

Maybe what I read was bullshite or out of date but if true, the UWE stadium is dead and buried.

No, not dead and buried, UWE could just go back to 'plan A' and build a 6,000 capacity stadium for their own students use.

25 minutes ago, cynic said:

I was under the impression that the land was gifted to UWE by HP for the betterment of the university and couldn't be sold ?

If so, the freehold will always be with UWE.

Assuming that is the case, raising money for a stadium that is worthless without the land it sits on would be nigh on impossible - who would invest in something that is only valuable to Bristol Rovers ? 

Maybe what I read was bullshite or out of date but if true, the UWE stadium is dead and buried.

thats what the problem is and no amount of stink rovers kick up wll change this

• Like 1

I thought you lot might 'appreciate' this

Horfield

• SHARE PICTURE
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Copy link to paste in your message

The name Horfield is Anglo-Saxon in origin, meaning filthy open land.

Historically, the area had a reputation as a lawless place because Horfield Wood was the haunt of thieves and vagrants. The area remained rural until the early 19th century.

Read more at http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/how-these-seven-parts-of-bristol-got-their-names/story-30046075-detail/story.html#XrIPLRwCyJCe0Am3.99

30 minutes ago, Hello said:

I thought you lot might 'appreciate' this

Horfield

• SHARE PICTURE
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Copy link to paste in your message

The name Horfield is Anglo-Saxon in origin, meaning filthy open land.

Historically, the area had a reputation as a lawless place because Horfield Wood was the haunt of thieves and vagrants. The area remained rural until the early 19th century.

Read more at http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/how-these-seven-parts-of-bristol-got-their-names/story-30046075-detail/story.html#XrIPLRwCyJCe0Am3.99

"All the girls in Horfield are quite respectable really...!"

The Wurzels. 

7 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Or not....as new evidence suggests that a coal stack was burning, which weakened the steel.

I guess in Higgs case replace "coal stack fire" with "contract written by crayon".

It was a bunker fire.....quite a common occurrence on coal fired steamers, and it was common knowledge for years. Using cheaper wrought iron rivets, instead of steel, combined with the heat from the fire may have caused the joints to start, after the impact. Nevertheless, it was watertight when it left Southampton.

Much like Nicky's crayola contract.

Edited by Mike Hunt-Hertz
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Or not....as new evidence suggests that a coal stack was burning, which weakened the steel.

I guess in Higgs case replace "coal stack fire" with "contract written by crayon".

There was me thinking it was down to having a bloody gurt iceberg wedged in the side of the ship..!