IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

Drip, drip..the truth is finally coming out then...?

I suppose the loan market is not to be sniffed at...Barclays have a decent deal on at the moment. 

I think all their loans at the start of the season have either been allowed back to their clubs or recalled. Who is going to loan players to a club that won't play them ? There is also the coaching / training - I cannot imagine it is to great... so managers probably not to keen to send any real talent their way atm.

3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Remember how the sags were boasting how great their loan star was from Chelsea and how he was just as good as Tammy? Well, Chelsea have recalled him because he's not playing enough games...... :laughcont:

Oh dear! 

I wonder if Wael won't renew his season ticket, in retaliation..?! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Tent just camps out in the box.

Canopies was bought in to provide cover;

Sprinkles was signed as a fans favourite, they turn up in hundreds and thousands to support him.

Just to fill in some extra information on these 3 foreign signings for those who don't follow world football.

Serkis Tents -  can provide good cover although lightweight and is often accused of falling over under a light blow.

Sergio Canopies (pronounced Can A Pay) - Looks an appetising player when its put on a plate for him, but ultimately unsatisfying and leaves you wanting more. Signed from third division french side, Vol Au Vent.

Sprinkles Cupcakes (pronounced Cup Khakis) - likes to be known by his first name, probably best of the bunch, known for his sweet finish even though his is thought to have a bit of a soft centre. Considers himself a star and is the only one of the three with his own website. http://sprinkles.com/ 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 10

13 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

Drip, drip..the truth is finally coming out then...?

I suppose the loan market is not to be sniffed at...Barclays have a decent deal on at the moment. 

He said it from the start, so hardly coming out now. I am one who actually pays attention. Go back through the thread and u have been pretty level headed.

i am happy with our position at the moment, hapoy we seem to moving forward with the training ground and the additions behind the.scenes. They might no be much to you, but our an.improvement and a step in the right direction for us.

Lord knows what is hapoening with UWE though.

I dont want us to throw money around for the sake of it even if we had it. You only have to look at yourselves to see what it is costing.to compete in The Championship and that is something we sure as hell arent ready for without a stadium.

if we fluked going up through the play offs this year, whilst you cant turn promotion down, I dont beleive it would help us in the long run

4 hours ago, Hello said:

He said it from the start, so hardly coming out now. I am one who actually pays attention. Go back through the thread and u have been pretty level headed.

i am happy with our position at the moment, hapoy we seem to moving forward with the training ground and the additions behind the.scenes. They might no be much to you, but our an.improvement and a step in the right direction for us.

Lord knows what is hapoening with UWE though.

I dont want us to throw money around for the sake of it even if we had it. You only have to look at yourselves to see what it is costing.to compete in The Championship and that is something we sure as hell arent ready for without a stadium.

if we fluked going up through the play offs this year, whilst you cant turn promotion down, I dont beleive it would help us in the long run

Come and join us, hand on heart I would love it if you got in the championship. 

• Like 1

On 06/01/2017 at 12:49, BS4 on Tour... said:

No, we didn't imagine it, they spouted far and wide that they were now the '6th richest club in England' - they posted videos on You Tube ridiculing us for 'not being as rich as them' and saying Ashton Gate would soon be 'a training ground for their youth team' - they crowed about the 'diggers starting work on their new stadium at UWE' and how they'd 'overtake us within a couple of years' and we'd be forever below them....

Fast forward to now....Mr Lansdown is once again backing his manager and Mark Ashton by opening his wallet and strengthening the squad, and it's only 6 January....meanwhile they're basking in the glory of their new canopy over the hospitality entrance, a new tent or two and zero expenditure on new players.

And we know full well that 'Matty' Taylor is sat next to his phone praying it will ring with an offer to get him outta there....let's hope he treats the next offer with more respect than the diabolical way he ridiculed the last club to offer him a way out with that classless goal celebration....

But, don't forget, they're coming for us!

#ChampionshipReady

#TickTock

#BristolCityWe'reComingForYou

We maybe coming for them so I'd keep your powder dry for the moment.

Edited by RumRed

One point off the playoffs.  Conference side. No money invested by Wael.  Crap stadium.

i genuinely think if we manage to get promoted this season we will go straight back down again unless Wael produces the millions he hasn't so far.

But, but, but, despite all that, it will be two massive games for us and you if it actually happens.

You know it's true.

2 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

One point off the playoffs.  Conference side. No money invested by Wael.  Crap stadium.

i genuinely think if we manage to get promoted this season we will go straight back down again unless Wael produces the millions he hasn't so far.

But, but, but, despite all that, it will be two massive games for us and you if it actually happens.

You know it's true.

Getting in the play offs guarantees nothing !

5 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Yeah, I do think we should refrain from being crass or boastful. 

Sorry? So a draw at home in the Cup and you suddenly think we should tread on eggshells and not believe we are light years ahead of the Gas?!

Ok, our stadium ain't better than theirs, our owner ain't worth a lot more than Wael, our backroom set up ain't superior to theirs, our training ground ain't way better than theirs, our squad ain't better than theirs, our fan base ain't better than theirs.....

Fine, let's refrain from 'being crass' - the gas are 'coming for us'....glad you believe that...

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Sorry? So a draw at home in the Cup and you suddenly think we should tread on eggshells and not believe we are light years ahead of the Gas?!

Ok, our stadium ain't better than theirs, our owner ain't worth a lot more than Wael, our backroom set up ain't superior to theirs, our training ground ain't way better than theirs, our squad ain't better than theirs, our fan base ain't better than theirs.....

Fine, let's refrain from 'being crass' - the gas are 'coming for us'....glad you believe that...

Alright mate no need to get funny?

Put it this way, I get a laugh from seeing delusional Rovers fans spout off - before they choke yet again but equally I find it a bit odd to be so fixated on Bristol Rovers that some of our fans need to constantly get involved in "my dad's bigger than your dad" style petty debates over the relative comparison of both clubs. 

It's pretty obvious we are light years ahead of them, so why we feel the need to repeat it on a daily basis I don't know. Frankly it seems like insecurity. 

Honestly it baffles me why we have such a massive thread on Bristol Rovers. Some of the "banter" in this thread is terrible, neither funny not actual good club rivalry banter. For the record, regarding Bristol Rovers:

*They're another team in the City

*They're not very good

*We are historically and currently a bigger and more well equipped professional football club

Best thing we can do is just leave them to **** themselves up like they always do and then have a laugh at their expense. Currently we should all focus on our own team and our own issues on and off the field. 

Rant over.

Edited by OddBallJim
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, because drawing at home in the cup to a league 1 side is all thats wrong!!

Fancy stadiums win **** all, ask Bournemouth.

4 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Alright mate no need to get funny?

Put it this way, I get a laugh from seeing delusional Rovers fans spout of before they choke yet again but equally I find it a bit odd to be so fixated on Bristol Rovers that some of our fans need to constantly get involved in "my dad's bigger than your dad" style petty debates over the relative comparison of both clubs. 

It's pretty obvious we are light years ahead of them, so why we feel the need to repeat it on a daily basis I don't know. Frankly it seems like insecurity. 

Honestly it baffles me why we have such a massive thread on Bristol Rovers. Some of the "banter" in this thread is terrible, neither funny not actual good club rivalry banter. For the record, regarding Bristol Rovers:

*They're another team in the City

*They're not very good

*We are historically and currently a bigger and more well equipped professional football club

Best thing we can do is just leave them to **** themselves up like they always do and then have a laugh at their expense. Currently we should all focus on our own team and our own issues on and off the field. 

Rant over.

Fair enough, thanks for your response...but if you find it 'odd' that some fans are 'fixated' on the gas and you think we should 'focus on our own team' - why are you are posting on a thread totally dedicated to ridiculing the gas?!

44 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We'll be 'coming for them'?! You really think that?

16 years and counting....behave...

Just don't think in our current position tossing off over being in the championship is such a great idea.

but hey we drew against fleetwood at home so 'yay'

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

You know it's true.

Small time mentality , but you're right it would be 2 massive games for you.