IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I'm guessing to buy and build the UWE would cost us £60m(?) upfront before we could finally sell the Mem once we had moved to the UWE and then pay back £15m(?) of that cost. Alternatively rebuilding the Mem could be done for a far lower initial outlay, possibly even stand by stand. 

Although would Wael really want to mess about financing rebuilding the Mem, or would he simply cut us losses and find another club to buy with a decent stadium already like Gillingham, or even just go back to the easy life in banking?

The honeymoon period might be coming to a very abrupt ending at the end of January, if Wael can't agree a deal with the UWE and then DC's only allowed lone players.

UWE can not sell the land because HP gave UWE the land with no sell on to a third party.

Wael was hoping Sainsbury would buy the mem so he will not have to spend any of his own money also he have not cleared the loan just moved it .

same as Man U did 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

I'm guessing to buy and build the UWE would cost us £60m(?) upfront before we could finally sell the Mem once we had moved to the UWE and then pay back £15m(?) of that cost. Alternatively rebuilding the Mem could be done for a far lower initial outlay, possibly even stand by stand. 

Although would Wael really want to mess about financing rebuilding the Mem, or would he simply cut us losses and find another club to buy with a decent stadium already like Gillingham, or even just go back to the easy life in banking?

The honeymoon period might be coming to a very abrupt ending at the end of January, if Wael can't agree a deal with the UWE and then DC's only allowed lone players.

UWE can not sell the land because HP gave UWE the land with no sell on to a third party.

Wael was hoping Sainsbury would buy the mem so he will not have to spend any of his own money also he have not cleared the loan just moved it .

same as Man U did 

Have you seen their away 'stand'? :blink:

Decent ground I think not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, icegas said:

It's not a knock at you,but you wouldn't have got 10k for yesterday's game two seasons ago before the rebuild.

Yes we would.

You're trying to tell me all those seasons in L1 when we were up and around the Play Offs (like yourselves this year) we weren't getting over 10k? You're talking shit and the actual figures are there to see. You've been scoring loads of goals at home and you're in your best league position for years yet you only managed 8.4k at home...as someone else pointed out we we're getting 11k at the 'old' AG when we were near the bottom of L1.

What I don't get about you Gasheads is that you accuse us of being plastic fans with no passion yet you keep telling us that your supporters won't show up unless you've got a nice comfy seat to sit in. 

City have had higher attendances than the Gas for 51 of the last 52 years, a large number of those years we played in similar stadiums. I know you lot don't like to admit the truth but despite all the lies you tell about the behaviour of our fans towards our own and how utterly amazing and fantastic your quirky kit and awful 'anthem' supposedly are, the fact is, more Bristolians love City.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, 8menhadadream said:

They had 8424 for a very important league game.

We had a paltry 10,301 for a cup game which didn't really get the pulses racing. I would hope we, at least, double that next week.

In fairness it looks like both clubs are going to record their highest average attendances over a season for many years. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, icegas said:

What a stupid post.

.But if clubs like Burton,Rotherham, wigan ,brentford  and to a lesser extent -  preston can survive in the championship in years gone by on the same crowds that we would get in the mem ...why not get up when we can?

Wigan had an owner that got them to overachieve spending ££30m on the stadium (largest outside of the Prem at the time) and probably still get parachute payments from the Prem, 

Preston's owner is worth £900m apparently.

Brentfords owner has put upwards of £90m into the club

Rotherhams owner has got them a new stadium and spent over £30m.

I'll give you Burton, great story 6k capacity , and you? you have new sprinklers .

Seriously , attendances  and money guarantee nowt  but they help. I heard that no one from the football side of the club has actually spoken to the UWE, just the bankers and business men and I think alarm bells are ringing. We are incredibly lucky having an owner who can do things off his own back , without the need for funding. Wael may have the best interest of the club at heart, but if he has to get outside funding he is to some extent, at the beck and call of others. I think the penny has dropped with the 6th richest club brigade and they are now reeling in their expectations. You've done well, and DC has proved a good manager, but. Lose Taylor for the reputed £500k offered and things may not be so rosey. Even if DC gets all of that, it will take some very good recruitment to make a push in the second half of the season.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yes we would.

You're trying to tell me all those seasons in L1 when we were up and around the Play Offs (like yourselves this year) we weren't getting over 10k? You're talking shit and the actual figures are there to see. You've been scoring loads of goals at home and you're in your best league position for years yet you only managed 8.4k at home...as someone else pointed out we we're getting 11k at the 'old' AG when we were near the bottom of L1.

What I don't get about you Gasheads is that you accuse us of being plastic fans with no passion yet you keep telling us that your supporters won't show up unless you've got a nice comfy seat to sit in. 

City have had higher attendances than the Gas for 51 of the last 52 years, a large number of those years we played in similar stadiums. I know you lot don't like to admit the truth but despite all the lies you tell about the behaviour of our fans towards our own and how utterly amazing and fantastic your quirky kit and awful 'anthem' supposedly are, the fact is, more Bristolians love City.

See what you have done is made yourself look like a 2nd prize blonker and gone on a un- needed, anti gas rant!

I wasn't talking about a 'league' game.I stated that playing "yesterdays game against Fleetwood in an very uninspiring fa cup game,with you in terrible form against a club from a lower than league than yourselfs,would not have drawn 10k at the old ashton gate yesterday.This is actually a praise for your club for how you have grown since the new AG opening.

Your club much like most others including the gas, draw less for these ties.In games like yesterday you would had drawn 5,000,6,000 maybe 7,000 but not a 10k. I'm just stating how a new ground can improve crowds of all types.

If I'm wrong - I will willingly hold my hands up.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Wigan had an owner that got them to overachieve spending ££30m on the stadium (largest outside of the Prem at the time) and probably still get parachute payments from the Prem, 

Preston's owner is worth £900m apparently.

Brentfords owner has put upwards of £90m into the club

Rotherhams owner has got them a new stadium and spent over £30m.

I'll give you Burton, great story 6k capacity , and you? you have new sprinklers .

Seriously , attendances  and money guarantee nowt  but they help. I heard that no one from the football side of the club has actually spoken to the UWE, just the bankers and business men and I think alarm bells are ringing. We are incredibly lucky having an owner who can do things off his own back , without the need for funding. Wael may have the best interest of the club at heart, but if he has to get outside funding he is to some extent, at the beck and call of others. I think the penny has dropped with the 6th richest club brigade and they are now reeling in their expectations. You've done well, and DC has proved a good manager, but. Lose Taylor for the reputed £500k offered and things may not be so rosey. Even if DC gets all of that, it will take some very good recruitment to make a push in the second half of the season.

I think like most football clubs the gas have some ******* brain dead idiots.In fact some of the chants after the barrow game from 'our faithful and true' were embarrassing.  As soon as Wael took over some gasheads started to give it some big un - (But come on,we have had to put up with some grade, A shit talking from your mob over the years.. even Ive read some on this thread today) so at the time some gasheads had there release.

Wael and his family are very,very rich people and have business minds and the contacts to get us to the premiership given time.You are lucky to have lansdown.I just believe you as a club would be much closer to where you should be aiming for if it wasn't for his ego and reckless spending in the past.

As for hear say about the UWE.. I don't buy into rumours and the like about the uwe or anything.As if its rumoured that the grounds not happening,gasheads go into meltdown,some of your mob get off on it.

Under wael I'm 99.5% sure BRFC will be playing in a new stadium,be it at the UWE or elsewhere in the championship within 5 years.

Edited by icegas

1 hour ago, icegas said:

See what you have done is made yourself look like a 2nd prize blonker and gone on a un- needed, anti gas rant!

I wasn't talking about a 'league' game.I stated that playing "yesterdays game against Fleetwood in an very uninspiring fa cup game,with you in terrible form against a club from a lower than league than yourselfs,would not have drawn 10k at the old ashton gate yesterday.

Yeah I misread it, although I do love to go on a good old anti Gas rant....thought you meant league match. Don't know what we'd get for a 3rd round FA Cup tie as a Championship club against a L1 club in the old AG. I can't remember the last time we were in that situation but it wouldn't surprise me if you're right.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, icegas said:

I wasn't talking about a 'league' game.I stated that playing "yesterdays game against Fleetwood in an very uninspiring fa cup game,with you in terrible form against a club from a lower than league than yourselfs,would not have drawn 10k at the old ashton gate yesterday.This is actually a praise for your club for how you have grown since the new AG opening.

Your club much like most others including the gas, draw less for these ties.In games like yesterday you would had drawn 5,000,6,000 maybe 7,000 but not a 10k. I'm just stating how a new ground can improve crowds of all types.

One that springs straight to mind... Bristol City V Kingstonian (non league) in 2001.

Old Ashton Gate, granted, it was a 4th round tie, not 3rd. Nearly 15,000 attendance. 

Edited by Bar BS3

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yeah I misread it, although I do love to go on a good old anti Gas rant....thought you meant league match. Don't know what we'd get for a 3rd round FA Cup tie as a Championship club against a L1 club in the old AG. I can't remember the last time we were in that situation but it wouldn't surprise me if you're right.

Fair play to yourself for that response.

I always thought for early league/fa cup games you got around the 5k/6k figure which would have been understandable.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Coombsy said:

same as Man U did 

The MSP loan wasbpaid, other debts to be cleared periodicly

Hamer has also confirmed that a short-term loan that was accruing interest at 1.2 per cent per month has been settled with the lender.

The club, under the old regime led by Nick Higgs, obtained the £2million loan from a company called MSP Capital in December 2014 in order to continue their legal fight against Sainsbury’s.

A sum of close to £3million has been repaid, and Hamer said: “That was all part of the acquisition.

7 hours ago, icegas said:

I think like most football clubs the gas have some ******* brain dead idiots.In fact some of the chants after the barrow game from 'our faithful and true' were embarrassing.  As soon as Wael took over some gasheads started to give it some big un - (But come on,we have had to put up with some grade, A shit talking from your mob over the years.. even Ive read some on this thread today) so at the time some gasheads had there release.

Wael and his family are very,very rich people and have business minds and the contacts to get us to the premiership given time.You are lucky to have lansdown.I just believe you as a club would be much closer to where you should be aiming for if it wasn't for his ego and reckless spending in the past.

As for hear say about the UWE.. I don't buy into rumours and the like about the uwe or anything.As if its rumoured that the grounds not happening,gasheads go into meltdown,some of your mob get off on it.

Under wael I'm 99.5% sure BRFC will be playing in a new stadium,be it at the UWE or elsewhere in the championship within 5 years.

How does being minority share holders in a Jordanian bank provide 'the contacts' to get you to the Prem?

1 hour ago, Hello said:

The MSP loan wasbpaid, other debts to be cleared periodicly

Hamer has also confirmed that a short-term loan that was accruing interest at 1.2 per cent per month has been settled with the lender.

The club, under the old regime led by Nick Higgs, obtained the £2million loan from a company called MSP Capital in December 2014 in order to continue their legal fight against Sainsbury’s.

A sum of close to £3million has been repaid, and Hamer said: “That was all part of the acquisition.

It's very difficult to get to the bottom of Rovers' finances, but reading this, and your previous posts, it implies that Wael bought the club for only a payment of £3m up front! The other debts (mainly owed to Nick Higgs?) will be paid off over an unspecified time period. £3m seems to be a small sum to pay for a league club, and the fact that Wael can't afford to pay the other debts immediately implies he hasn't got, relatively, very much money. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

It's very difficult to get to the bottom of Rovers' finances, but reading this, and your previous posts, it implies that Wael bought the club for only a payment of £3m up front! The other debts (mainly owed to Nick Higgs?) will be paid off over an unspecified time period. £3m seems to be a small sum to pay for a league club, and the fact that Wael can't afford to pay the other debts immediately implies he hasn't got, relatively, very much money. 

Nick Higgs will be the main debtor. As far as I am aware there are no other outside debts. The MSP loan was partly taken.out to repay Barclays.

Nothing was disclosed regards the sale of the club, so anything else is only an assumption and I guess part of the repayment may be down to the sale of the Mem should we ever get to move to a new stadium

14 minutes ago, Hello said:

Nick Higgs will be the main debtor. As far as I am aware there are no other outside debts. The MSP loan was partly taken.out to repay Barclays.

Nothing was disclosed regards the sale of the club, so anything else is only an assumption and I guess part of the repayment may be down to the sale of the Mem should we ever get to move to a new stadium

The usual under-handness at BRFC, it's always been the same, no-one has a clue what is going on bar the few on the inside, how your mob continue to put with the lies and the drip-drip of information never fails to amuse, remind me, when is the latest date for the diggers to be moving in?

9 hours ago, icegas said:

It's hearsay in as much as I heard a mate say it. He had a conversation with someone from the UWE , what it means? Who knows. But for no one from the football side to have made any contact seems strange, and as I understand it some people are a little nervous. It is at best , a very poor way to run a club/business/acquisition . As has been said Wael and his family are very rich, it's like saying one of the younger members of the Tesco family has bought a club and expecting their entire gross worth to be made available to the club.  Not saying he hasn't got the best interest of the club at heart (only he knows), I'm not saying he's poor (he clearly isn't , or I should say THEY clearly aren't ) , the question is what funds are they willing to pour into the club. Plus as investment has been looked at, isn't that just another form of debt? If banks or other sources put money in to build the stadium they will , not only want their initial money back but also a profit. 

You are undoubtedly in a better position since the takeover, on and off the pitch. I just think if roles were reversed we would be asking  A LOT of questions. Some of the bile and pisstake from our side , without doubt comes from the fantastical claims by some of your more vociferous support. We moan about lack of info from our club (your lot are way worse by the seem of it ) , that would go a long way to allay fears from your side. If Wael or someone came out and even said, nothing has changed but talks are ongoing, it would stop people like me flagging up potential problems .

• Like 1

Compared to most of us yes the Wael family are very, very rich, but have not cleared any debts they have merely consolidated those debts, also the very last sentence is very laudable but when added to your 'very, very rich' comment, why did he then go out with the begging bowl to secure funding for the UWE several months ago?, those two statements are surely at odds with each other?.

I may be wrong but I suspect that in these tough financial times there won't be many people lining up to invest in a football stadium (of course apart from wealthy owners) and with the Mem's value falling because of it's lack of commercial appeal and position, wouldn't you agree a bird in the hand is better than one in your bush and a gradual update of the Mem to bring it into the 20th century (pun intended) might actually be the best way to go?.

Sorry but what have you been smoking . He's wealthy in everyday terms but not in a football sense he's not , nowhere near it and premier league really !!! You keep deluding yourself mate. You haven't even been in the championship for over 20 years and couldn't even get 9000 for a big league game last weekend. You're living in pixie land down buttercup lane :blink:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, icegas said:

You lot were saying that when UWE was first announced........5 1/2 years ago!!

39 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Compared to most of us yes the Wael family are very, very rich, but have not cleared any debts they have merely consolidated those debts, also the very last sentence is very laudable but when added to your 'very, very rich' comment, why did he then go out with the begging bowl to secure funding for the UWE several months ago?, those two statements are surely at odds with each other?.

I may be wrong but I suspect that in these tough financial times there won't be many people lining up to invest in a football stadium (of course apart from wealthy owners) and with the Mem's value falling because of it's lack of commercial appeal and position, wouldn't you agree a bird in the hand is better than one in your bush and a gradual update of the Mem to bring it into the 20th century (pun intended) might actually be the best way to go?.

Upgrade the Mem? Start with a blank canvas, you mean?

1 hour ago, Hello said:

This seems to be a reasonable assumption as it fits the other snippets of info that have emerged. If true, it makes the prospect of a new ground at UWE remote. Assuming the Memorial Stadium could be sold for housing at £15m, and Nick Higgs and other debtors are paid from the proceeds (£8-10m?), it leaves approx £5-7m to fund the build. I know Rovers like tents (sorry I couldn't resist that), but you don't get much for that sort of money. This would confirm the reports that Wael is trying to fund UWE by getting money from outside investors. It's obvious why they have said no, as Wael doesn't seem to want to put much of his own money into the plan and not take any of the risk. 

If he doesn't want to invest any more of his money into the club, it also makes it impossible to redevelop the Mem. A good long term prospect for him might be to sell Rovers as an established League 1 club, with only Nick Higgs debts to repay and a bit of profit for himself  

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

He's one of our own, he's one of our own.......Ellis Harrison, he's one of our own :chant6ez:

With the early kick off on Saturday, I wonder if he's got a helicopter arranged to come and watch us V Cardiff again and then get off to play for his local park team again straight afterwards..? 

Edit: scrap that. I didn't realise they were away at Fleetwood. He'd never make it in time. 

Edited by Bar BS3

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:26, pongo88 said:

This seems to be a reasonable assumption as it fits the other snippets of info that have emerged. If true, it makes the prospect of a new ground at UWE remote. Assuming the Memorial Stadium could be sold for housing at £15m, and Nick Higgs and other debtors are paid from the proceeds (£8-10m?), it leaves approx £5-7m to fund the build. I know Rovers like tents (sorry I couldn't resist that), but you don't get much for that sort of money. This would confirm the reports that Wael is trying to fund UWE by getting money from outside investors. It's obvious why they have said no, as Wael doesn't seem to want to put much of his own money into the plan and not take any of the risk. 

If he doesn't want to invest any more of his money into the club, it also makes it impossible to redevelop the Mem. A good long term prospect for him might be to sell Rovers as an established League 1 club, with only Nick Higgs debts to repay and a bit of profit for himself  

Taking everything with a pinch of salt, Wael said funding was there (in what form and from whom, who knows). The problem appears to be coming to an agreement with UWE on the land