IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Sell and then rent it back makes sense if (and only if) they get a lump sum now and only pay rent when using the ground.

That was they avoid routine maintenance and associated costs.

Really? It seems incredibly risky to me. If they sell their ground and commit to a rent they are it seems to me wholly dependent upon running a surplus or finding their benefactor in future otherwise rents will catch up with them.

Also what would the rent be? From afar looking in could UWE do anything but full market value? I'm not sure how I'd feel paying or having paid tuition fees to directly or indirectly subsidise a football club's rent? I could see the NUS all over that. There may be restrictions on how UWE are allowed to use their funding too that might stop less than market value.

If I was a sag and that was the plan I'd be very worried until the detail followed.

I'm new here and the first thing I see is a 57 page long thread about the g*s. Bit obsessive don't you think. sigh.

You should try reading some of it!  The sags themselves are the driving force here. This thread wouldn't exist if the sags weren't providing us with a constant almost unbelievable stream of incompetence and deluded self regard.  It would be rude not to comment really.

• Like 1

we'll see. bye

You'll see, we won't; we'll be concentrating on Championship football - you know; the thing you bunch of dirty, shameful cheats spectacularly failed to win with a bunch of loan players last season?

Enjoy your summer; pretty sure your season will be hell.

BYE

• Like 2

You'll see, we won't; we'll be concentrating on Championship football - you know; the thing you bunch of dirty, shameful cheats spectacularly failed to win with a bunch of loan players last season?

Enjoy your summer; pretty sure your season will be hell.

BYE

Better watch what you say, mind. You could well be dragged into a relegation fight yourselves. All that strengthening you've done this transfer window could help though- oh wait...

Better watch what you say, mind. You could well be dragged into a relegation fight yourselves. All that strengthening you've done this transfer window could help though- oh wait...

Hilarious.

What have I said that I should "watch", pray tell?

Relegation fight or not, we're in the Championship, while your ridiculous team got utterly embarrassed in the play off final, and then anyone with any talent from your squad left - those are facts, right there.

As for strengthening; we've still got the core of the team that blew you away at Ashton Gate and went on to win the title, AND have added a striker who won Ligue II's player of the season last term - you've flogged anyone of any real value, and added someone who played four games for Notts County on their way to relegation, and some lad who failed on loan to Doncaster when they dropped out of the Championship like a stone, so forgive me if I'm hardly jealous of your squad.

You punched above your weight last year, but I highly doubt you'll do that again.

Now, I suggest you get a summer job till you head back to school in September; Mr Power will probably need all the pennies you morons can throw his way next season in order to keep you afloat while you struggle against the drop.

Edited by samo II

Also what would the rent be? From afar looking in could UWE do anything but full market value? I'm not sure how I'd feel paying or having paid tuition fees to directly or indirectly subsidise a football club's rent? I could see the NUS all over that. There may be restrictions on how UWE are allowed to use their funding too that might stop less than market value.

When my son went to Huddersfield Uni, I had a sudden interest in rugby league as that uni sponsored Huddersfield and had their name on the shirts. I did wonder how much of my son's tuition fees were going to a professional sports club. I'm told the coaches would go to the uni and run PE sessions for the students. Warrington are currently sponsored by the University of Chester, so there are precedents for university's helping local professional sports clubs. That sponsorship money has to come from the university's own income.