IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Very interesting article. Wonder why they are having a hearing to determine leave to appeal as it can be a paper exercise...

Notably it doesn't say which Court they are applying to: the High Ct or the Ct of appeal.

Very interesting article. Wonder why they are having a hearing to determine leave to appeal as it can be a paper exercise...

Notably it doesn't say which Court they are applying to: the High Ct or the Ct of appeal.

Can you translate in basic English what might be going on?

Ta.

• Like 1

This bit from the evil post is intriguing: "Even if the club was to win on appeal, they would only be awarded damages instead of the multinational being forced to buy the Memorial Stadium." If this is the case; then regardless of the UWE's position, the project is dead in the water as of now.

Absolutely right. I mean in reality I would suggest the project has been dead for a while but that's the first time I've seen it "confirmed". Be interested to know where The Post got this from.

Could the appeal court judge not order performance of contract?

Can you translate in basic English what might be going on?

Ta.

Haha sorry mate - reading back I was a little off

I imagine Friday they rock up to the high court for an oral hearing to apply for permission to appeal. If successful then it's onwards to the court of appeal - unless they settle out of court. If unsuccessful then either the matter stops dead or they have another go by effectively asking the court of appeal to hold an appeal hearing.

Alternatively they could be making their application for leave to appeal directly to the Court of Appeal (and skipping the first stage). That might be unlikely but who knows?

As for the UWE being dead bit I wonder where EP have got that information from.

Absolutely right. I mean in reality I would suggest the project has been dead for a while but that's the first time I've seen it "confirmed". Be interested to know where The Post got this from.

Could the appeal court judge not order performance of contract?

With regards performance of contract I really wouldn't know, although the more this goes on the more it looks like its no longer about performance of the contract but all about Piggs and others getting some money back (as many have suspected).

With regards performance of contract I really wouldn't know, although the more this goes on the more it looks like its no longer about performance of the contract but all about Piggs and others getting some money back (as many have suspected).

Well yes. Any court winnings were to do with the stadium which is separately owned by the directors.

If they won enough then they might have given some to the team but they would have kept the lion's share.

Well yes. Any court winnings were to do with the stadium which is separately owned by the directors.

If they won enough then they might have given some to the team but they would have kept the lion's share.

I probably didn't explain it clearly enough.  Higgs and co have always maintained that this is about getting the money to fulfil the UWE contract, and thats the line that has been fed to Sags.  Most people with any common sense realised a long time ago that its all about Piggs and co getting something back, whilst being unable to complete the UWE contract.  I think the Post story, if accurate, should confirm to all but the most rose tinted followers of the Sags that the UWE is over.

• Like 2

Ok, he is a fat ugly deluded b**t*rd BUT my question is ! Is that his Mrs (damn ugly mind) or his sister ? I know it is potentially the same thing but i really need to know  :blink:

Both I should think!

A thousand apologies BF! :blush:

Just a thought but if the UWE are going through the small print, does this mean they may chase Rovers for breach of contract issues?

Not sure it would be in their interest, certainly wouldn't do their image any good.

I bet they're pissed off mind, they could have had their 5k stadium built by now.

Next steps - sags try and muscle in on Clifton RFCs plans at Cribbs, although I've been too in all likelihood the huge car park at the men will be sold and a new stand built

Just a thought but if the UWE are going through the small print, does this mean they may chase Rovers for breach of contract issues?

Just an interested party I would imagine. They would probably want to assess Rovers' chance of success before committing to keeping the land aside or doing otherwise with it.

As for being a damages only claim I don't know any reason why specific performance cannot be the remedy claimed - if the E P are correct. A guess for one reasoning but perhaps specific performance cannot be awarded because Rovers can now no longer comply with a condition precedent - a term which is fundamental to the contract.

What confuses me from the EP article is if the claim was now a damages-only claim why would UWE care about going through the judgment in detail... it's dead?

Edited by Guest

Just an interested party I would imagine. They would probably want to assess Rovers' chance of success before committing to keeping the land aside or doing otherwise with it.

As for could the Court on appeal award specific performance (ie complete the contract) I know of no reason why it could not. Perhaps Rovers are now not claiming for specific performance but for financial compensation? Perhaps specific performance cannot be awarded because Rovers can now no longer comply with a condition precedent - a term which is fundamental to the contract.

What confuses me from the EP article is if the claim was now a damages-only claim why would UWE care about going through the judgment in detail... it's dead?

I think uwe are sitting on the fence waiting for this mystical plan b they keep referring too,

What stands out for me is the fact the gas haven't come out and dented it, they did with just about everything else regarding the new ground but not this

Not sure it would be in their interest, certainly wouldn't do their image any good.

I bet they're pissed off mind, they could have had their 5k stadium built by now.

Next steps - sags try and muscle in on Clifton RFCs plans at Cribbs, although I've been too in all likelihood the huge car park at the men will be sold and a new stand built

Car park sold for housing to fund a new stand and you'd be on the money I reckon... ;)