IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Name doesn’t ring any bells, think I’ve only ever set foot in the place once, that was after a game on a Sunday morning.

I've only ever set foot inside the Lamb once and that was also on a Sunday lunchtime after playing against them in the morning. I was only 17 and had never heard of Banjo Island.....as it happened I was wearing a City shirt.

One of my older teammates (a fellow City fan) did say "that's the worst possible shirt you could wear around here"....I didn't get any grief, not to my face anyway.

On 10/18/2017 at 20:48, Wanderingred said:

The blue few's humiliation can be witnessed here from the vantage point of the 5000 strong travelling army. Enjoy.

That has to be the best version of Irene I've ever heard. "...I'll see you in my dreams" 1-0 down! Perfect.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Looks like they want a bar in the car park at their game with MK Dons... https://democracy.bristol.gov.uk/documents/s16876/A - TEN Report mem stadium.pdf

The police have objected... which is strange for a family club.

Wonder where they got the idea from anyway?

You just know it would be a dozen cans of warm harp lager sold from that classy fold up UWE freshers table top and when they run out they can always nip to the local Sainsbury's.

• Haha 4

“colony is on track owned by Dwane Colony which is an offshore company which means there are additional tax issues that they have been working through, expect to be all sorted by February”

ahhh.....I see, so all this SL tax dodger bullshit will stop now will it? I won’t hold my breath

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Most ? 

Yep, most of the new supporters of the late 70's First Division BCFC disappeared pretty sharpish once the going got tough.

City's average gate:

78/79 - 22,306

83/84 - 4,799

As one of the less than 5k who were there all the way through I remember it got bloody draughty in the EE.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, most of the new supporters of the late 70's First Division BCFC disappeared pretty sharpish once the going got tough.

City's average gate:

78/79 - 22,306

83/84 - 4,799

As one of the less than 5k who were there all the way through I remember it got bloody draughty in the EE.

83/84 - promotion season - that one felt a little warmer than the 2 before !

• Admin
6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Having read another of his posts, he claimed to earn a good wage and work 60 hours a week.

I'm sure earlier in this thread someone posted details from companies house that suggested his second hand grot device shop was hardly successful.

Sounds like HRMC should have a poke round, cash in hand PC repairs.....

6 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

City's average gate:

78/79 - 22,306

83/84 - 4,799

83/84 was much higher noggers.......

7 hours ago, RedRaw said:

“colony is on track owned by Dwane Colony which is an offshore company which means there are additional tax issues that they have been working through, expect to be all sorted by February”

ahhh.....I see, so all this SL tax dodger bullshit will stop now will it? I won’t hold my breath

I smell a large heap of BS. I’ve managed more commercial contracts with Offshore and Overseas companies than you can shake a stick at and ‘additional tax issues’ is just a nonsense. A week to sort out a few loose ends maybe but four months?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Why does Dwayne Sports not own the colony, why yet another subsidiary.

land banking,

Watch the mem be sold from under them for housing and hotel complex,

It's like the gray hound track all over again, but they are too stupid to really question it 

Some are waking up to the fact that this white knight isn't what he seems to be

9 hours ago, miser said:

83/84 - promotion season - that one felt a little warmer than the 2 before !

3 hours ago, archie andrews said:

83/84 was much higher noggers.......

Fair points both, and you're right Archie. I misread the chart and was one season out with the low crowd.

Point still stands though that most of the fans City gained in the Div.1 days were off pretty sharpish once we started plummeting - they certainly didn't become long term City fans gained in terms of attending.

1978/79 - 22,306 (Div 1)

1982/83 - 4,799 (Div. 4)

1983/84 - 7,287 (Div. 4 promotion season)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

I wondered what happened at their AGM last night? 

Dancing Sir....mostly dancing...

Or

Their gullible fans probably got fed a load of bollocks as per usual because the owners know by now that the blue few are too ******* stupid to ask questions.

• Haha 1