IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, CrazyInWeston said:

I'm not gas, infact even though I do hate them, you lot sure do talk about them dontcha? **** me 26,890 posts!! (including this one) Surely an OTIB record.

Amazes me that I can remember when this was page 1, only 2yrs ago. Why so obsessed folks?

They are lower than us, have a circus tent stadium, bizarre fans with 6 fingers on each hand that seem to think they are barca.... We should be washing our hands off these scumbags already and start thinking of out next rivals....  the Cardiff munters!

I like comedy, that’s all. 

8 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

I'm not gas, infact even though I do hate them, you lot sure do talk about them dontcha? **** me 26,890 posts!! (including this one) Surely an OTIB record.

Amazes me that I can remember when this was page 1, only 2yrs ago. Why so obsessed folks?

They are lower than us, have a circus tent stadium, bizarre fans with 6 fingers on each hand that seem to think they are barca.... We should be washing our hands off these scumbags already and start thinking of out next rivals....  the Cardiff munters!

If you took some of the shit us older ones had from them over the years and, without too much reason, you'd have a warm feeling in your belly and be a little more interested in their troubles/demise, if that's what it is. They can count themselves lucky they had the resources and a stay of execution, by bringing in a manager that knew the non league scene and, what it took to kick and cheat their way out of it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rich said:

If you took some of the shit us older ones had from them over the years and, without too much reason, you'd have a warm feeling in your belly and be a little more interested in their troubles/demise, if that's what it is. They can count themselves lucky they had the resources and a stay of execution, by bringing in a manager that knew the non league scene and, what it took to kick and cheat their way out of it.

Yes I am too young to remember the days of fierce rivalry or when Rovers were doing better than city, but hasnt it now been 17yrs?

Yes I am too young to remember the days of fierce rivalry or when Rovers were doing better than city, but hasnt it now been 17yrs?

Yes but, they're still coming out with the same old stuff. So, they're going to get some. They tried to pull the rug out from under our feet when we were in trouble, by trying to get Ashton Gate on the cheap. They portray themselves as the family club, with the help of the local media and paint everything BCFC as the bad boys and all things evil. The reality is, they are the biggest bunch of lying, cheating, conniving, low life, devious, scum, I've ever had the displeasure of coming across, and I should know, I've been targeted by the green party when the plans for AV were going through. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Yes but, they're still coming out with the same old stuff. So, they're going to get some. They tried to pull the rug out from under our feet when we were in trouble, by trying to get Ashton Gate on the cheap. They portray themselves as the family club, with the help of the local media and paint everything BCFC as the bad boys and all things evil. The reality is, they are the biggest bunch of lying, cheating, conniving, low life, devious, scum, I've ever had the displeasure of coming across, and I should know, I've been targeted by the green party when the plans for AV were going through. 

:laugh:, of course they would, they seem to think they have a great stadium, if they're that deluded... what I'm saying is no wonder they are bitter, we also stole Taylor from them recently. We had a firece rivalry, we grew up and moved on, new stadium too, quicker than theirs ever came to plan. I'm also saying yes its fantastic to laugh at them, but remember, they now play in south glous, we really are now one team in Bristol and we face Cardiff now. A rivalry where the police needs to get involved!

:laugh:, of course they would, they seem to think they have a great stadium, if they're that deluded... what I'm saying is no wonder they are bitter, we also stole Taylor from them recently. We had a firece rivalry, we grew up and moved on, new stadium too, quicker than theirs ever came to plan. I'm also saying yes its fantastic to laugh at them, but remember, they now play in south glous, we really are now one team in Bristol and we face Cardiff now. A rivalry where the police needs to get involved!

Still in Bristol, I'm sorry to say. They still have a relatively large fan base and like to shout it to the hills that they are bigger and better and more successful than us, some idiots, with little knowledge believe it.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Still in Bristol, I'm sorry to say. They still have a relatively large fan base and like to shout it to the hills that they are bigger and better and more successful than us, some idiots, with little knowledge believe it.

I do sound corrected, got slightly confused there, thanks for reminding me... bloody memorial being inside the city area grrrrrrr.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fiale said:

But have they really put any money into the club ? They paid some of the previous stakeholders Higgs etc - but how much ? Higgs was about to lose everything as all lines of credit had been used up to the point they needed Wonga loans. They may have got the club for very little. The outlay has been, well contracts and they are obviously paid over the length of the contract e.g. Darrell over 5 years, all the new staff etc being paid monthly. We know they had their season tickets cash injected at the beginning  of the season, so how much money have they actually put in ? The land at the colony was cheap and probably worth more than they paid (maybe why it's been put into a separate company so they can keep it if the club goes under). But other than consultants, legal costs they cannot have spend much. The disabled "Stand" was paid for by supporters, I cannot see what they have actually bought/paid for/invested other than the Europa league ready sprinklers.

Don’t forget the spanking new canopy mate. Must of set them back atleast £100.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Rich said:

As he /family own the asset, all they'd have to do is sell it to repay the debt to themselves. As they are the only creditor, it only affects them. So administration is their get out clause (if need be), and their hands are tied, they have to sell. Or that's what they will/could say.

53 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Isn`t that why he put that charge against the mem though - so he becomes the preferred creditor in the event of liquidation?

This works if the value of the assets - i e the ground - is greater than the debt - i e the money they have put into the club. If all reports are to be believed, about the rate the debt is increasing, then it won’t be long before the debt is greater than the assets. If the Wael family act quickly and sell then they could break even or make a small profit. If they delay too long then it’s a loss. The problem is finding a buyer. Selling Rovers as a football club for £10m plus would be difficult, so the nuclear option would be administration, the ground is sold and Rovers have to ground share with ??? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

This works if the value of the assets - i e the ground - is greater than the debt - i e the money they have put into the club. If all reports are to be believed, about the rate the debt is increasing, then it won’t be long before the debt is greater than the assets. If the Wael family act quickly and sell then they could break even or make a small profit. If they delay too long then it’s a loss. The problem is finding a buyer. Selling Rovers as a football club for £10m plus would be difficult, so the nuclear option would be administration, the ground is sold and Rovers have to ground share with ??? 

I am of the understanding that the debt accruing in interest, is to themselves. Or, from Dwayne sports to the football club, who are owned by Dwayne sports. So, theoretically, the football club go into administration, they call in their debt, sell the ground to whoever,  to repay Dwayne sports. They could charge BRFC whatever they wanted in interest, there'd still only be whatever they laid out in the first place as a debt. But, having said that, if they could earn more interest elsewhere for their outlay, then they'd be losing money. I see it as, their initial money is safe, as long as the rugby ground is worth more than that initial outlay.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

I am of the understanding that the debt accruing in interest, is to themselves. Or, from Dwayne sports to the football club, who are owned by Dwayne sports. So, theoretically, the football club go into administration, they call in their debt, sell the ground to whoever,  to repay Dwayne sports. They could charge BRFC whatever they wanted in interest, there'd still only be whatever they laid out in the first place as a debt. But, having said that, if they could earn more interest elsewhere for their outlay, then they'd be losing money. I see it as, their initial money is safe, as long as the rugby ground is worth more than that initial outlay.

I'm not taking running costs into account with this mind. Obviously if they are losing money through the football side of things, and it would appear they are and they've been living off ST and player sales, then it will soon as you say, eat into their investment and they'll have to sell soon or invest money which is unsecured, which they've been loath to do so far. Possibly having to sell quickly will bode well for a prospective buyer, the Wael family must be crapping themselves. Sounds better with every thought.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I still don't understand what people think they have spent money on.

4 hours ago, Fiale said:

Land is not a bad investment if you can get it cheap. Bristol will have to expand at some point it's creaking at the artificial green belt joints. 

I tend to agree with you though, they bought a club (I am sure we all at some point thought it would be nice to be owners) and hoped to make a little money. The investment side collapsed, so now they are unsure what to do. Suddenly they cannot show friends around THEIR football clubs spanking new stadium with corporate boxes and restaurants,  hosting events,  inviting them to matches to hang out with them. So now, what to do ?

With all the tents on display all their friends must think it's a Kasbah or Medina and feel right at home

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, pongo88 said:

How about they head back to their heartland, tape off a bit of the Ikea carpark every other saturday? By the way what happens to a Club when they go into Administration, are they removed from the league if they cannot honour their financial responsibilities?

6 minutes ago, SimonR said:

How about they head back to their heartland, tape off a bit of the Ikea carpark every other saturday? By the way what happens to a Club when they go into Administration, are they removed from the league if they cannot honour their financial responsibilities?

10 point deduction I think. Then relegation :fingerscrossed:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SimonR said:

Nearest answer I could find.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/17038462/newsbeat-guide-to-administration-in-football-clubs

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, SimonR said:

By the way what happens to a Club when they go into Administration, are they removed from the league if they cannot honour their financial responsibilities?

Accrington Stanley (1962?) and Aldershot (1992?) both failed to complete the season as they were wound up following financial collapse. Both reformed a few years later and worked their way back up from the foot of football's pyramid.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 22A said:

Accrington Stanley (1962?) and Aldershot (1992?) both failed to complete the season as they were wound up following financial collapse. Both reformed a few years later and worked their way back up from the foot of football's pyramid.

Can't see this happening , the family Wael will wan't to offload while it has some value. Bit like Ashley , but more tinpot.

This isn’t point scoring I promise but just a little reminder to one or two that we’re getting carried away with the start , especially telling @Cjay we’d put four past them today. We got taught a lesson and Leeds deserved the points . Very tough league and also shows perhaps our bench isn’t as strong as we all thought . Never mind,  bad day at the office . looking forward to Sunderland next week and a night on the piss in Newcastle .COYR