IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

25 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

I wondered what happened at their AGM last night? 

Their Chairman asked the fans to be patient and then revealed the first concept drawings of an 120,000 all seater Memorial Stadium complete with space port, shopping complex and 50,000 space 'safe standing' car park.

This was shown alongside a computer generated video of DC and the team bringing home the 2020 European Cup.

Apparently the fans lapped it up and can't wait to see the build start next week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Their Chairman asked the fans to be patient and then revealed the first concept drawings of an 120,000 all seater Memorial Stadium complete with space port, shopping complex and 50,000 space 'safe standing' car park.

This was shown alongside a computer generated video of DC and the team bringing home the 2020 European Cup.

Apparently the fans lapped it up and can't wait to see the build start next week.

Think a few though did start to have doubts when they said about 'a link to the operational Bristol Metrobus system'.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

I wondered what happened at their AGM last night? 

From their forum about last nights AGM.

"They said what you would expect them to say which basically rubbishes the rumors (but nothing new that hasn't been said before)

Family in it for the long run
Dwane sports own the club
Colony is on track owned by Dwane Colony which is an offshore company which means there are additional tax issues that they have been working through, expect to be all sorted by February
SH pushing for 18k minimum stadium but hopefully 20k
Expect to be constructed stand by stand so no need to move out during construction"

And then this beauty 

"Forgot to mention last night but the question was asked about the consortium. Apparently people at the club (but not SH) had been approached by an ex News of the World journalist that SH knew of from his Swansea days. Nothing substantial was forthcoming and SH referred to the approach as a hoax"

Does anyone know this ex NoW journalist. It must be a City fan.

The gift that keeps giving...

Sean (Clevedon Gas) One of the 66

• Admin
On 9/30/2017 at 16:23, Bristol Rob said:

Some bloke in work reckons a group of Chinese businessman were close to taking over.

On 10/3/2017 at 19:55, Bar BS3 said:

"With many asking why Chinese people were at the game" at Rovers, I wouldn't like to hear how those questions were actually worded...! 

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Apparently the 'Chinese consortium' who are looking to invest own a couple of take aways down Gloucester Road 

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I've only ever set foot inside the Lamb once and that was also on a Sunday lunchtime after playing against them in the morning. I was only 17 and had never heard of Banjo Island.....as it happened I was wearing a City shirt.

One of my older teammates (a fellow City fan) did say "that's the worst possible shirt you could wear around here"....I didn't get any grief, not to my face anyway.

Similar thing happened to me. I replied, "Well, I was going to wear a Gas shirt but I was afraid I might relegate myself."

Let me get this right please and correct me if this is wrong as I'm an engineer not a financier.

The camel herder has been borrowing money, using the mem as collateral, essentially lessening it's value and is now putting the interest payments on that money borrowed against the asset of the mem as well?

That can only end one way surely as he hasn't essentially risked a penny of his or his families cash?

Has he bought the 'colony' land with money borrowed against the mem as well? There can't be much equity left if all this is happening as the ground is worth bugger all, just the land it stands on!

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bianconeri said:

I smell a large heap of BS. I’ve managed more commercial contracts with Offshore and Overseas companies than you can shake a stick at and ‘additional tax issues’ is just a nonsense. A week to sort out a few loose ends maybe but four months?

He's edging his bets and seeing how the gas are doing in 4 months. Should they be in trouble on the field, then I suspect that they might have owner problems as well :whistle:

1 hour ago, WessexPest said:

Similar thing happened to me. I replied, "Well, I was going to wear a Gas shirt but I was afraid I might relegate myself."

I hope you had a word with yourself as well for even contemplating wearing a gas shirt.

15 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Let me get this right please and correct me if this is wrong as I'm an engineer not a financier.

The camel herder has been borrowing money, using the mem as collateral, essentially lessening it's value and is now putting the interest payments on that money borrowed against the asset of the mem as well?

That can only end one way surely as he hasn't essentially risked a penny of his oh his families cash?

Has he bought the 'colony' land with money borrowed against the mem as well? There can't be much equity left if all this is happening as the ground is worth bugger all, just the land it stands on!

The gas is what is called 'sub-prime' market. Bankers like playing in 'sub-prime' markets, parceling it up and trying to sell it off to some passing sucker. We all know what happens to the sub-prime market when bankers are involved. The gas should be very afraid.

13 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

The gas is what is called 'sub-prime' market. Bankers like playing in 'sub-prime' markets, parceling it up and trying to sell it off to some passing sucker. We all know what happens to the sub-prime market when bankers are involved. The gas should be very afraid.

Asset stripping then?

52 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

That can only end one way surely as he hasn't essentially risked a penny of his or his families cash?

Pretty much except I would prefer it if we could avoid descending to their level and not use the racial stereotypes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Pretty much except I would prefer it if we could avoid descending to their level and not use the racial stereotypes.

If that's racist, I'm a banana! I don't do PC PSR but would, respectfully, suggest if you're that easily offended, maybe a football forum, with it's odd humour, is the wrong place?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Asset stripping then?

I wouldn't presume to know the minds of the gas owners.

What does appear to be happening though is a bit of smoke and mirrors, and if I was gas, I think I'd be a little worried e.g. UWE was on, now it's off; a colonic irrigation appears to be taking place but the shit doesn't seem to be coming out; the illusion of money being available but it's not clear if its monopoly; seems to indicate he's a Chelsea fan but owns the gas (I'd be a little upset if SL professed an interest in another club - doesn't that indicate a lack of focus); the lips are moving (think politician quote) etc.

It just looks inconsistent.

Maybe he does have a magic lamp and we should be calling him Aladdin?

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

The more I hear and read about Wael the more I'm convinced he's a con-artist in the same mould as that Brookes Mileson weirdo who apparently "bankrolled" Gretna to the SPL, then suddenly "stopped pumping money in" (If he ever actually had any) causing them to fold.

I must confess the day I heard he had bought the Rent Boys I was concerned that he would be a bona fide sugar daddy who would artificially propel them up the leagues, a la Wigan. He clearly is no Abramovich or Jack Walker, or even Jack Hayward or Dave Whelan, but might he turn out to be such a calamity of them that they wished that Higgs'd stuck around? Doesn't seem all that far-fetched does it.

Edited by WessexPest
  • Like 1