IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Are you referring to Player PA here?

If so, that company has changed hands and is now associated with someone else since October (the new owner was previously working at Player PA). The company website hasn't been updated to reflect this but it also doesn't reflect the death of her sister (as reported here).

Yep, I know it changed hands….ta for the update, very sad.  I guess the point I badly made was the opportunism to set up a business in this area of “football”.  MA resigned around the time he was consulting here at City.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Money Talks!!

I don’t believe there’s a Mrs Ashton, only an ex-Mrs Ashton (happy to be corrected)….but she still has a business in the world of football, supplying services like hotels, relocations, etc.  Very profitable services when there’s a lot of transfers and players need to move from one side / end of the country to another.

Providing services to footballers ..... does make the mind boggle 

3 hours ago, billywedlock said:

About 2 maybe 2.5  years ago, I was in a location where Ashton was. He was dealing with someone and I was sat behind. All he talked about was himself and how he was signing this player and that player. He talked about it being "my club" and how brilliant he was in the transfer market. When he left, the person who was dealing with him, a friend actually asked "Does he own Bristol City ?" and then " He is so full of sh1T". Now if that person in 30 minutes got his number how could our billionaire businessman owner not in 4 years. He will destroy Ipswich.  

It is literally unbelievable.

3 hours ago, billywedlock said:

About 2 maybe 2.5  years ago, I was in a location where Ashton was. He was dealing with someone and I was sat behind. All he talked about was himself and how he was signing this player and that player. He talked about it being "my club" and how brilliant he was in the transfer market. When he left, the person who was dealing with him, a friend actually asked "Does he own Bristol City ?" and then " He is so full of sh1T". Now if that person in 30 minutes got his number how could our billionaire businessman owner not in 4 years. He will destroy Ipswich.  

I had a similar occasion. Sat next to him in the coffee shop. Like you say, it was all about him. And for some odd reason he was putting on a cockney accent. Absolutely full of shit.  

• Haha 2

On 03/12/2021 at 11:00, supercidered said:

Yes Max but being a CEO of a football club is like making love to a beautiful woman ......

**** me the Swiss Toni reference has me laughing. 

Nothing pleases me more than seeing Ashton outed for what he really is, an absolute blagger of the highest order. Someone who definitely has a mirror on his bedroom ceiling. Cucking Funt.

• Like 2

Had a quick look at their forum & Appleton is being linked (shock)

Also, are they already fed up with the Ashton soundbites?

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/524374/so-whats-the-content-of-ashtons-update-today-going-to-be/#36

One of the things i, i mean we, will look for in a new manager is the ability to work with me, i mean the recruitment team, to identify players that will improve my, i mean the club's, standing in english football

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Oooooooo, Reneeeeeee

FDE24C0B-F447-4E69-933B-98BB5029D2E8.thumb.jpeg.9cd5f69a43516aebdc81eac50f76618d.jpeg

In fairness, I like Rene, and the link with McGreal will be from their Colchester days….but we also know Gilmartin goes back to Watford / Ashton.

I’m enjoying watching the Ipswich fans slowly begin to unravel the story ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’m enjoying watching the Ipswich fans slowly begin to unravel the story ?

Yep. If you have a look at their forum you can see the penny slowly starting to drop for more and more of them.

In barely 24 hours they've gone from talking about Lampard, Jokanovic, Hughton etc to realising that there's a very big chance that McGreal gets the job permanently.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

We will not know but all of them I would expect.

Unless proven otherwise that would be the default position.

Having worked with someone like Ashton, the choice would be (as the manager's manager) - I really like this person and I think we should bring them in, I have worked wonders with the agent for a few months and we can just about fit them into our budget. Would you like them?

Then 2 things will happen because your job is decided by that person - "yes, they seem good boss" or "I have reservations, they don't fit how I want to play, they have a poor fitness record, ect". Then No matter what happens Ashtons answer is "you can sort out the way we play, Rolls will sort out the fitness stuff, ect ect ..... By the way the photo shoot is this afternoon and I would really appreciate you being there".

• Haha 2