IGNORED

Derby days in the FA Cup? Yeovil, Swindon and the other lot in third round hat

Never to the dark side

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

Anyone know what time/channel the draw is on tomorrow?

As always, we`ll be hoping for Arsenal away but will end up with Wigan or Sheffield United.

Whichever channel is showing Monday's game (ITV 4?) will have the draw live about 7.00pm.

I still have memories of 12.30pm on the Monday after Round 2 and listening in to a tranny in the school playground. For you young uns, a tranny was a small portable radio.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Just now, 22A said:

Whichever channel is showing Monday's game (ITV 4?) will have the draw live about 7.00pm.

I still have memories of 12.30pm on the Monday after Round 2 and listening in to a tranny in the school playground. For you young uns, a tranny was a small portable radio.

Oh I do! Radios weren`t allowed so you had to find a hidden spot or have it under your blazer with one of those tinny little earpieces!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Either a big team at home or something winnable.

Worst case scenario would be away to one of the better teams in our league or the bottom end of the PL - nothing to get excited over and we probably lose.

It often ends up you playing a team you play in the league fairly close to the cup match so I`m going Luton, QPR, Fulham or Millwall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Would love to get Rovers. I know people will say we’ve got ‘nothing to gain’ by beating them.. but it’s about time we had a derby. Might actually be a good atmosphere at AG for the first time in years too.

I just couldn't stand the idea of a cup upset. On paper we should thrash them like England Women thrashed Latvia, but the FA Cup is never that simple.

At the same time though, a derby would be fun. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Are you sure the draw isn't after the Boreham Wood v St Albans game  after 9.45 like the did in the last round when Salford were on live.

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Yes I remember that. I also have a memory of it being after final whistle after the Saturday 2nd round ties on a Saturday.

In fact I can remember being marched away from Eastville by the police after we beat them 1-2 and someone with a little radio shouting out the 3rd round draw. Notts County away if I’m not mistaken.

7 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Yes I remember that. I also have a memory of it being after final whistle after the Saturday 2nd round ties on a Saturday.

In fact I can remember being marched away from Eastville by the police after we beat them 1-2 and someone with a little radio shouting out the 3rd round draw. Notts County away if I’m not mistaken.

I remember that too. Absolutely buzzing after turning them over and hoping for a decent `reward` only to get Notts bloody County away. We still needed the money then so a big club at home would have helped enormously. We were parked under the M32 and were just going up the slip road when we heard the draw on the car radio.

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I remember that too. Absolutely buzzing after turning them over and hoping for a decent `reward` only to get Notts bloody County away. We still needed the money then so a big club at home would have helped enormously. We were parked under the M32 and were just going up the slip road when we heard the draw on the car radio.

We were parked under the M32 too but the police were insisting they were marching us back as far as Temple Meads for some reason. Managed to escape well before then though and have a nervous walk back hiding our scarves. 
Notts County were top flight then so it wasn’t a disastrous tie to get and we should have won it.

12 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I’d quite like to go to the rebuilt White Hart Lane, I’ve been to the old one and the new one looks quite nice to say the least.

I’m wondering if it would count as a new ground like when Bolton, Reading, Walsall etc moved or is it the same ground rebuilt, like ours? 

Personally I don`t count it as a new ground as it`s the `same` patch of grass that the game is played on. Where would it end otherwise? Wolves for instance turned the pitch through 90 degrees so would that count as `new`?

39 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

We were parked under the M32 too but the police were insisting they were marching us back as far as Temple Meads for some reason. Managed to escape well before then though and have a nervous walk back hiding our scarves. 
Notts County were top flight then so it wasn’t a disastrous tie to get and we should have won it.

I was there and we were robbed of a clear pen when Tom Ritchie was almost chopped in half by their keeper  ?. Incidentally that was the most tightly packed I have ever been at a football match.

Edited by Red Shadow
  • Like 1