IGNORED

Mason Greenwood

Fordy62

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

It’s a very hard offence to prove. It mostly happens behind closed doors, without Cctv or witnesses and forensic evidence is largely quashed by the ‘it was consensual’ line. 

Our justice system is designed to protect the innocent and sadly, that’s probably to the detriment of persons who are raped. 

The conviction rate is completely unacceptable. Something needs to be done 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It's as if giving young people who haven't matured and are mollyculadded millions of pounds is a bad idea

The comparison of Rashford and Greenwood I find interesting. Both young millionaires with everything handed on a plate. One is potentially abusive (putting it mildly), and one is altruistic. 

So is this nature or nurture or if both where do the two meet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Conviction rates continue to be embarrassingly low though. Most rapists get away with it 

That’s because it’s incredibly difficult to prove. Usually no witnesses, rarely video or audio evidence - it’s one persons word against another and our justice system is based upon innocent until proven guilty

How would you suggest more rapists are punished without the evidence to convict them?

56 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Has the story only come to light after her phone was hacked hence why the media have only just got the story

Sounds like it’s only been reported to police now, seems like it may have been happening for a while and she’s not spoke out. Also rumour her phone was hacked 

6 minutes ago, TomF said:

Odd statement from her Dad.  I’d not be worried about the police investigating him, I’d be more worried about them trying to stop me going after him if it was my daughter 

Very odd, seemed more annoyed that it was in the public domain rather than the fact it happened - like he was worried about people knowing about it. Perhaps that’s a bit unfair, hard to get the context from a written statement like that, he’s probably been told not to say too much 

• Thanks 1

Just now, mozo said:

The comparison of Rashford and Greenwood I find interesting. Both young millionaires with everything handed on a plate. One is potentially abusive (putting it mildly), and one is altruistic. 

There are wrong un's in all walks of life, not sure I buy that it is an inherent problem football has. Whatever the punishment is for the crime he has committed should be applied to him fully

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

I don’t think Rashford is someone who can be accused of having “everything handed on a plate” which is actually probably why he’s the man he is now

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, TomF said:

Odd statement from her Dad.  I’d not be worried about the police investigating him, I’d be more worried about them trying to stop me going after him if it was my daughter 

Really really strange.  Like you say I’d be preoccupied trying to get MG filled in as opposed worrying about statements if it was my girl! 

9 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I don’t think Rashford is someone who can be accused of having “everything handed on a plate” which is actually probably why he’s the man he is now

Okay maybe I should have added 'since being a pro footballer'. My comparison stands.

14 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

That’s because it’s incredibly difficult to prove. Usually no witnesses, rarely video or audio evidence - it’s one persons word against another and our justice system is based upon innocent until proven guilty

How would you suggest more rapists are punished without the evidence to convict them?

Sounds like it’s only been reported to police now, seems like it may have been happening for a while and she’s not spoke out. Also rumour her phone was hacked 

Very odd, seemed more annoyed that it was in the public domain rather than the fact it happened - like he was worried about people knowing about it. Perhaps that’s a bit unfair, hard to get the context from a written statement like that, he’s probably been told not to say too much 

I don’t need to suggest alternatives to be angry about low conviction rates. Don’t think anyone should be satisfied that justice is currently being done on rape cases.  

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

I just get this weird vibe he’s trying to protect his darlings money fund.  I dunno it’s a bit like Ched Evans father in law stance which - even though he was found innocent in the end - was just bizarre 

Yep, that’s exactly what I thought as well;  ‘didn’t want it released’ ‘part of the family’ ‘very much in love’. Any right minded father surely wouldn’t be saying those things to anyone, let alone releasing a statement to the nation about it. Really odd.  

53 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

Anyone know if this is true, or a made up photo you get on the internet?

That's what I was alluding to in my post earlier but stopped short of saying what it was. There's a few more of those dotted around. 

37 minutes ago, TomF said:

??????????????????

39 minutes ago, TomF said:

He's lucky; many other dads would want to show him what oven cleaner tastes like after seeing the photos and listening to the audio.

15 minutes ago, TomF said:

I just get this weird vibe he’s trying to protect his darlings money fund.  I dunno it’s a bit like Ched Evans father in law stance which - even though he was found innocent in the end - was just bizarre 

Not guilty/acquitted rather than innocent

Sorry to be pedantic but I think there’s a significant difference between the two. Don’t want to derail though, that’s a whole can of worms in itself!

18 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I don’t need to suggest alternatives to be angry about low conviction rates. Don’t think anyone should be satisfied that justice is currently being done on rape cases.  

ive made this point with someone before, may have been you, I’m not satisfied at all however it’s incredibly difficult to prosecute when it’s one word against another. 

9 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

He's lucky; many other dads would want to show him what oven cleaner tastes like after seeing the photos and listening to the audio.

One city fan I follow on twitter said her dad wouldn't be so forgiving with that response if greenwood worked at McDonald's. 

Just after his future son in laws big bank balance. 

• Like 2

I've not heard the recording, or particularly seen the story so this is absolutely no defence of Greenwood -  but is nobody else surprised that a thread regarding a live criminal case likely to end up in Crown Court has been started by a serving police officer? In what world is that remotely appropriate? I did jury service last year and wasn't even allowed to talk to anyone.   Mental.

Edited by jonb
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, jonb said:

I've not heard the recording, or particularly seen the story so this is absolutely no defence of Greenwood -  but is nobody else surprised that a thread regarding a live criminal case likely to end up in Crown Court has been started by a serving police officer? In what world is that remotely appropriate? I did jury service last year and wasn't even allowed to talk to anyone.   Mental.

Eddie.jpg

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, jonb said:

This years bizarre post winner is………

The relevance is appropriate behaviour/standards in public life.  Let me give you a comparison  - I'm a Civil Servant,  and a Labour party member.   I am expressly forbidden from active campaigning and make a point (because I'm a professional) not to get involved in conversations about Boris Johnson, or any political issue - however much I might like to.  There is absolutely precedent for this - I wouldn't expect a local councillor to weigh in the media on a sensitive planning issue ahead of judicial review, I wouldn't expect a Civil Servant to talk politics  and I sure as hell wouldn't expect anyone in the criminal justice system to be discussing live criminal cases on the Internet- different force or not.

Edited by jonb
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, jonb said:

It's a different force and a story is being reported in the media