IGNORED

Mason Greenwood

Fordy62

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

I wonder how many more incidents of this nature will have to happen before professional football wakes up and realises it has a particular problem with this kind of thing.

Far too many incidents for such a small group of men. And we certainly don't get to hear about everything that goes on either. 

Exactly. This clearly isn't a  one-off situation if she's been aware enough to record it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I wonder how many more incidents of this nature will have to happen before professional football wakes up and realises it has a particular problem with this kind of thing.

Far too many incidents for such a small group of men. And we certainly don't get to hear about everything that goes on either. 

It won't. 

I was jumped on in another thread saying that footballers needed to look at themselves but they won't, it's too easy to just look the other way at other things and they won't dare criticise their fellow professionals. 

37 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

The world has obviously changed but she should have been straight down to the police with this, not plastering it all over the internet

There’s a lot of mistrust by women of the police to be able to handle this sort of thing well/at all, recent events certainly don’t to anything to assuage those fears. Obviously something happened or something clicked in her head that meant she felt like it was the time to post it - she’s had those for a while they’re from 2020 some I believe? We may never know what and it wouldn’t do anyone well to speculate really, it’s not the point of this.

I just can’t believe (actually depressingly I think I can) the people on Twitter who are trying to defend it, or the people saying the recording shows she ‘set him up’ 

Edited by underover

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Being told you're the next best thing and given everything from a young age doesn't help them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not sure I follow.

On one hand you are suggesting that people who are young adults are all thick, and on the other suggesting that they have the skills to match Martin Scorsese.

Haha... no, but we saw rummors for other celebrities with things like that and a lot were not true. This looks true though, but I must say I'm covinced only 80%... I keep the remainin 20% to not be dissapointed.

Anyway Greenwood even on the pitch looks very full of himself and pretty much greedy.

The audio is sickening, really uncomfortable listening, and the fact she’s recorded it means (presumably) its a continuous thing.. 

I just hope she’s got/getting the full support she needs from her friends and family and anyone else, what an awful thing to have to go through. 

4 minutes ago, TomF said:

Be interesting to see how Man U fans react to this while still seemingly brushing aside Ronaldo’s rape claims 

Well…. 

92B47BB7-8335-46BF-AC28-A20F08F86ACC.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Haha... no, but we saw rummors for other celebrities with things like that and a lot were not true. This looks true though, but I must say I'm covinced only 80%... I keep the remainin 20% to not be dissapointed.

Anyway Greenwood even on the pitch looks very full of himself and pretty much greedy.

Understand your reasons but listen to the audio mate , caught red handed 

People knew about his activities at least last year.  

People knew about Ryan Giggs behaviour toward women in the 90s, said nothing; undoubtedly because he was a valuable asset. 

Saville? People knew.  Weinstein? People knew.  Eipstien was so brazen he was taking the world elite to his dirty little island. 

It’s got to stop - journalists may be bound by shady super injunctions, but the police need to start getting their shit together on domestic violence. These things shouldn’t be brushed under the carpet because someone has connections or fancy legal teams.

As as starting point, it’s way past time for a domestic violence offenders register. 

Edited by Barrs Court Red
  • Like 10

39 minutes ago, Thornbury Red said:

Why would she want to report to the police. You know the police that bust heads at a vigil by women for a woman murdered by a serving policeman. Those police?

An ´interesting’ view.

To take it a bit further, a serving Police Officer was convicted recently of kidnapping, raping and murdering a young lady.

Would you warn young ladies in fear of being sexually assaulted not to approach a Policeman in case the same thing happens to them?

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

An ´interesting’ view.

To take it a bit further, a serving Police Officer was convicted recently of kidnapping, raping and murdering a young lady.

Would you warn young ladies in fear of being sexually assaulted not to approach a Policeman in case the same thing happens to them?

That was quite a concern (obviously), that someone with such criminal tendencies actively went for a career in law enforcement, where their devious nature might have also been seen as skill for their role. But regardless of how he earned a living, he was always going to be a rapist/kidnapper and murderer.

Never understood the 'argument' that some victims of sexual assault 'deserved it' because of what they were or weren't wearing.

Criminals go out looking for victims, people don't go out in the hope that they become victims. If a woman chooses to go out of an evening wearing very little as that makes them happy and gives them confidence then good for them. It isn't an invitation for abuse.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

An ´interesting’ view.

Yep. I’d never go to a doctor either, nor a school caretaker, foster family, etc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

An ´interesting’ view.

I think one has to be realistic that more women will be frightened to approach the police after that story (and other stories involving the Met Police in particular). That's not fair on the overwhelming majority of police officers but it'd be naive to pretend it hasn't affected public confidence - especially amongst women.  

But, even before that case, the truth is a lot of women who experience rape and/or domestic abuse are frightened to go to the police and frightened that, if they do, they will be interrogated, not believed and - if they are accusing someone wealthy enough to afford a strong lawyer - concerned they will be made out to be lying and even face criminal proceedings as a result.

The reality is it's not about what any of us would warn anyone or advise. The fact is that a lot of women don't feel safe reporting rape or sexual abuse and I think it sadly unsurprising Harriet Robson has decided to put the evidence out there in public rather than risk the legal system and I think it shows work needs to be done to make women feel safer in reporting these sorts of crimes in the belief that the legal system will protect them. 

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, underover said:

I just can’t believe (actually depressingly I think I can) the people on Twitter who are trying to defend it, or the people saying the recording shows she ‘set him up’ 

Yes, the half-cousin of “she was wearing a short skirt and so therefore was ‘asking for it’”. Doubtless, if it ever got to court he would get the best justice money can buy. Sickening how being good at footballexempts him from decent social norms in some people’s eyes.