IGNORED

Wordle

Jerseybean

42 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Is it just me or is Wordle getting much trickier?

It has always been a bit hit and miss for me.

I have mentioned previously that I consider QUORDLE to be more of a challenge, whereas WORDLE is very much a game of chance, as witnessed by our successful solutions today - Well, it was certainly no more than an inspired guess for me, anyway. 

19 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Indeed, as was (should have been ?) the solution 'NYMPH' a few days ago.

I was successful in solving 'NYMPH', but only at the last attempt - when I finally realised there were no vowels in the solution.

Today's solution was one where I might have had to make three or four guesses after my second attempt, such were the possibilities for the first letter, but got it in three  - as much due to luck as to judgement.

Wordle 521 3/6

⬜??⬜?
⬜⬜⬜?⬜
?????

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Must admit Umbra was a new word to me, I only got it because I couldn't see another option. I put it in and when it didn't turn red, I went for it.

I was in a very similar position.

I had a vague recollection that ‘umbra’ was Latin for ‘shade’ - very vague, as my Latin studies were almost 50 years ago! - and, of course, ‘ombre’ is French for shade.

I thought of ‘Umbro’, but wasn’t sure that was a proper, acceptable word and, in any event, I knew there was no letter ‘o’ in the solution.

So, my long unbeaten run on QUORDLE continues.

• Like 1

Anyone else had this happen because it’s happened quite a few times to me including today?

I get every letter completely wrong in my first go but then get the word 3rd go. I almost look forward to getting all wrong first go, if I get just one right either in the right place or not I’m unlikely to get it in 3 but get none…………

53 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Anyone else had this happen because it’s happened quite a few times to me including today?

I get every letter completely wrong in my first go but then get the word 3rd go. I almost look forward to getting all wrong first go, if I get just one right either in the right place or not I’m unlikely to get it in 3 but get none…………

I have just completed it, with only the single correct letter in my first attempt.

Wordle 529 5/6

?⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜?
???⬜⬜
???⬜⬜
?????

I often find myself taking two or more attempts to get the final missing letter.

And, far too often, I find myself saving my unbeaten record with QUORDLE on my last attempt.

Daily Quordle 310
7️⃣9️⃣
4️⃣5️⃣
quordle.com
⬜⬜⬜⬜? ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜?⬜⬜ ?⬜?⬜?
⬜???⬜ ⬜?⬜⬜⬜
??⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜?
⬜?⬜?? ⬜?⬜⬜⬜
????? ⬜?⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ?⬜?⬜?
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ?????

⬜?⬜⬜? ⬜??⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜?
?⬜??? ?⬜⬜⬜⬜
????? ⬜⬜⬜?⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ?????

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

8 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I have just completed it, with only the single correct letter in my first attempt.

Wordle 529 5/6

?⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜?
???⬜⬜
???⬜⬜
?????

I often find myself taking two or more attempts to get the final missing letter.

There you are, if you’d completely blanked with your first go you would have got it in 3! well that’s my strange logic anyway.

Out of interest, you got the first letter right and in the correct position but didn’t use it there in your second attempt??