IGNORED

Wordle

Jerseybean

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Thanks yes, I was able to extend my winning streak to 98 days. It's actually 204, but If you miss a day it doesn't count as a loss but it does reset your streak. :(

That happened to me when I was on about 92.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Today's Wordle will cause some ructions.

I actually completed it in four, which I thought was slightly amusing - forth and all that, assuming it was the same word.

Why might there have been some ructions?

I also completed Quordle to maintain my long successful streak (completed, but not in four), but I cannot for the life of me remember the word.

Β 

8 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I actually completed it in four, which I thought was slightly amusing - forth and all that, assuming it was the same word.

I also completed Quordle to maintain my long successful streak (completed, but not in four), but I cannot for the life of me remember the word.

Β 

Did you get the first letter early on? With respect to @Slacker! I think that was a big help. Mrs ID did, and got it in 4. I had the last 4 letters in place after my third go, but it left so many other - and far more obvious - options for the first letter.Β 

Can’t remember the last time I failed to complete wordle but unfortunately I don’t do it every day so don’t have a running total, my mrs is far more sophisticated and does β€œbirdle” which I”m useless at

9 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Β 

Because the word is better known as a name? No names allowed I thought. Yesterday was my first failure for about 2 years, not annoyed as such. Now they have removed stats (if no account) it doesn't seem to matter as much.

Back on track today.

52 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Did you get the first letter early on? With respect to @Slacker! I think that was a big help. Mrs ID did, and got it in 4. I had the last 4 letters in place after my third go, but it left so many other - and far more obvious - options for the first letter.Β 

I did, actually, in my first go, along with the fourth letter, both of which were green - obviously a fortuitous start.

I had four green letters by my third go, and the obvious choice for the missing fourth letter had already been ruled out, making it a formality to complete.

I have posted previously that I far prefer QUORDLE.

I do both most days, but find WORDLE very much a game of chance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Because the word is better known as a name? No names allowed I thought. Yesterday was my first failure for about 2 years, not annoyed as such. Now they have removed stats (if no account) it doesn't seem to matter as much.

Back on track today.

It is, of course, better known as a forename, but is also the second word in a well known phrase, hence my comment in my earlier post about the fact I completed it on my fourth attempt.

Re. failures, I have failed WORDLE on a few occasions, but never failed to complete QUORDLE.

23 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It is, of course, better known as a forename, but is also the second word in a well known phrase, hence my comment in my earlier post about the fact I completed it on my fourth attempt.

Re. failures, I have failed WORDLE on a few occasions, but never failed to complete QUORDLE.

Better known as a name, indeed!! To the extent that my mental list of options, once I'd got the last four letters, put a "W" ahead of an 'S" - even though that's a name too!!

I'll have a look at Quordle. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Better known as a name, indeed!! To the extent that my mental list of options, once I'd got the last four letters, put a "W" ahead of an 'S" - even though that's a name too!!

I'll have a look at Quordle. Thanks.

As I mentioned earlier, I was only missing the fourth letter, and would have inserted a β€˜T’, but that had already been excluded.

My infrequent failures to complete WORDLE have all been due to a choice of several possible correct words with my final letter on my last attempt, sometimes several attempts.