IGNORED

Wordle

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Got it last go.No idea how!I am going to Google it now to see what the hell it means. 

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Just looked it up.I must have heard the saying from somewhere but I didn't know what it meant. 

I thought it was just an acronym, I had no idea it was accepted as a word in itself now. It's an old forces saying, there is a clean and a rude version. Another one is FUBAR.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I thought it was just an acronym, I had no idea it was accepted as a word in itself now. It's an old forces saying, there is a clean and a rude version. Another one is FUBAR.

me too - got it in 3, but surely just an acronym!

Just now, italian dave said:

Sixth go…..but only because Id run out of any other options! I was just trying random combinations of the last two letters and hit on it! No idea what it means. 

situation normal all f ucked up - coined during Vietnam i think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

It’s in the UK Scrabble dictionary……apparently. 

Wow!

I have just looked it up, and you are correct - Sorry for doubting you.

Is Snafu a Scrabble Word? Yes

Yes, "Snafu" is a valid Scrabble word worth 8 points. The word is composed of five letters, where S, N, A, and U are each worth 1 point, and F is worth 4 points. The word "Snafu" is an informal expression used to describe a chaotic or confusing situation. In Scrabble, players aim to create high-scoring words using their tiles, and "Snafu" can be a useful addition to a player's strategy.

9 hours ago, redysteadygo said:

Just had to find this topic today, which was way down the pages, as I did it in one. So guess there will be plenty of others who will do this with their best starting word.

I have been known to use it as a starting word, naturally today was not one of those days!

4 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I didn't realise there were quite that many words that finished with those four letters :blink:

Wordle 745 6/6*

⬛????

⬛????

⬛????

⬛????

⬛????

?????

How interesting.

Without trawling painstakingly through every word in my mind, I can think immediately of four, including the answer, but now this is bugging me.

I would ask you to give me a clue by giving me the first letter of the five you chose, but that would rather spoil it.

I got it in three, by the way, with all five letters appearing in my second guess. 

On 04/07/2023 at 17:42, Northern Red said:

I have been known to use it as a starting word, naturally today was not one of those days!

Always stick with the same starting word!!! It’s like changing lottery numbers!!!

Funnily enough, the time I got it in one was with GRATE.  As @elhombrecito says,        -RATE has a lot of options. 

Annoyingly, I got the a and the e in the right place first go, thought there’d be no chance of grate again, so went off at a complete tangent and didn’t get it at all!!

8 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Prate.

Something that happens often on this forum :laugh:

I have honestly never heard of that word.

So I looked it up.

Well, obviously I am familiar with the expression ‘to pratt on about something’, but, for at least the last 50 years, I have been mistaken with the word’s spelling.

What an interesting thread this is.

In fact, now I think of it, the word is prattle, and not pratt - or even prate ?.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

16 minutes ago, Renaissance Williams said:

As no one else is whinging on here I suspect I am alone in this - but I keep losing my streak overnight without getting the previous day's word wrong. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong - as it's not taking more than six to get the previous day's word!

It always renews at midnight,so you have until then to complete it.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Renaissance Williams said:

As no one else is whinging on here I suspect I am alone in this - but I keep losing my streak overnight without getting the previous day's word wrong. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong - as it's not taking more than six to get the previous day's word!

Does it know you’re in the UK? It seems to be sensitive to local time, so I’ve sometimes wondered what happens if you use a VPN for example. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Does it know you’re in the UK? It seems to be sensitive to local time, so I’ve sometimes wondered what happens if you use a VPN for example. 

Thanks to you and Slacker - I think it must be a combination of your explanations. I use 3 devices for Wordle - this PC, my knackered old lap top and my phone. My lap top keeps losing its connection with reality in time and I have to reset it to the correct time pretty well every time I use it so I'm thinking I might be running out of time on that device and I lose the streak on all three devices linked to the same account. I'll delete it from the lap top and see if that works.

Thanks, OTIB. Let's hope we can sort things out on the pitch, too! COYRs............

Edited by Renaissance Williams
speling mistake!!!!!