IGNORED

Wordle

Jerseybean

10 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Out of interest, you got the first letter right and in the correct position but didn’t use it there in your second attempt?? 

Rightly or wrongly, I tend to start both WORDLE and QUORDLE using the same two words, each containg two vowels and three common consonants.

I acknowledge that I should perhaps change this approach when my first attempt contains one or more correct letters, particularly with WORDLE, but I suppose it is just force of habit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Wordle 555 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜?
⬜⬜⬜⬜?
⬜????
?????

That took some doing, got the first 9 letters wrong and only one right in the first 15

I am currently away with my wife and daughters, the eldest of whom enjoys WORDLE, so we have been competing these past few days.

My daughter completed it in four attempts, her penultimate attempt being  FUDGE, but I had not yet used an ‘N’, so had NUDGE and then FUDGE before finally completing it on my fifth and final attempt, Phew!

I am not a sore loser, honestly, but this is even more evidence that WORDLE is very hit and miss - a game dependent on pure intelligence, I would win hands down ?.

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I wouldn't have got the top left answer on today's Quordle if you had given me all the letters before I started. I also wasted 4 goes trying to get the right start letter in the bottom right puzzle, having letters 2-5 on the third go. :(

Not happy this morning. :(

I actually had all five letters of the top left after my third attempt and got it on my fourth.

Like you, however, I also had the final four letters of the bottom right at the same stage, and wasted three goes before getting the correct initial letter.

Fortunately, as you are now aware, this same letter also appeared in the two remaining words, thus enabling me to complete QUORDLE on my final attempt.

• Flames 1

On 29/12/2022 at 08:56, Port Said Red said:

Has anyone come across Worldle? You get a silhouette of a country and each guess you make tells you how close you are to that country and in which direction. Great little geography test.

https://worldle.teuteuf.fr/?external=true I should have added this link..

• Like 1

On 29/12/2022 at 09:56, Port Said Red said:

Has anyone come across Worldle? You get a silhouette of a country and each guess you make tells you how close you are to that country and in which direction. Great little geography test.

I have tried it on several occasions, and it is certainly a good geography test.

Nevertheless, it can also be a bit frustrating to people of a certain age.

For instance, the game does not appear to recognise Czechoslovakia or Yugoslavia, nor some countries like Upper Volta.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I have tried it on several occasions, and it is certainly a good geography test.

Nevertheless, it can also be a bit frustrating to people of a certain age.

For instance, the game does not appear to recognise Czechoslovakia or Yugoslavia, nor some countries like Upper Volta.

Yeah, apparently the Gold Coast became Ghana at some point, and the Russians sold Alaska to the Yanks! When did that happen? ?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yeah, apparently the Gold Coast became Ghana at some point, and the Russians sold Alaska to the Yanks! When did that happen? ?

Actually, I was going to mention Rhodesia, Bechuanaland and Tanganyika, former African countries whose postage stamps I probably still have stored somewhere, but then realised the whole continent is something of a minefield, with even countries like Zaïre changing their name - I mean, how many Congos are there now?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Actually, I was going to mention Rhodesia, Bechuanaland and Tanganyika, former African countries whose postage stamps I probably still have stored somewhere, but then realised the whole continent is something of a minefield, with even countries like Zaïre changing their name - I mean, how many Congos are there now?

Tell me about it, I don't think there has been an Olympic parade in the last 20 years where I haven't, at some point, gone... WHERE? at least once.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Did anybody try today's WORDLE?

Wordle 659 6/6

?⬜⬜⬜⬜
?⬜⬜⬜⬜
??⬜⬜⬜
?⬜??⬜
???⬜⬜
?????

I am still trying to complete it.Got the first and third letter on the first guess.I am now on my fifth attempt with still just those two letters. I will let you know later if I crack it or not!

13 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I am still trying to complete it.Got the first and third letter on the first guess.I am now on my fifth attempt with still just those two letters. I will let you know later if I crack it or not!

First three.Last chance saloon!