IGNORED

Timm Klose

Red Army 75

I thought it was a good performance but I’m not getting carried away as I’ve seen quite a few signings who’ve looked good at first and subsequently have been pants.  An example is Jens Hegeler who was signed on a 2 1/2 year deal but only lasted approx 12 months. Conversely, I’ve seen a few who looked pants at first and subsequently were good. - e.g. Matt Smith who was “awful” at first. With Klose, I think his biggest problem will be his lack of pace. Tonight he was playing against a team that is bottom of the Championship form table over the last 6 matches. The test will be when he has to play against some decent pacy forwards 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

59 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Big ask to play him on the left of the 3, but very good.

Some lovely passes & won a lot of headers.

Penalty was a dive all day long.

Tiny Timm was brilliant in the first half, and tired a little in the second, but didn't deserve to concede that penalty. More Tom Daley than Tom Ince, a triple twist with pike. He pulled a similar trick for Derby in a 3-3 draw some seasons ago.  Bloody cheat.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I thought it was a good performance but I’m not getting carried away as I’ve seen quite a few signings who’ve looked good at first and subsequently have been pants.  An example is Jens Hegeler who was signed on a 2 1/2 year deal but only lasted approx 12 months. Conversely, I’ve seen a few who looked pants at first and subsequently were good. - e.g. Matt Smith who was “awful” at first. With Klose, I think his biggest problem will be his lack of pace. Tonight he was playing against a team that is bottom of the Championship form table over the last 6 matches. The test will be when he has to play against some decent pacy forwards 

I seem to recall that many on here thought that Matt Smith was awful before he had even played his first game for us.

53 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Great to see him doing a lot of shouting and organising too, a real leader, something we’ve been missing for some time.

Wether he can organise our defence enough to keep a clean sheet by be asking too much 

Never a penalty, he’s stood his ground and Ince ran into him.

Good communicator….and although Cundy had little to do, he’s making sure he’s vocal too.  Cundy using his physique to ease his marker out of the way so Max can come and catch a ball into his mid-riff.  Also charging down the shot that Williams deflected over.  Positive signs of someone who wants to defend.

Klose pretty good though, not always the quickest distributor.

Showed his strength in the air, our midfielders will start to learn where to anticipate his aerial duels will land the more they play with him.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Good communicator….and although Cundy had little to do, he’s making sure he’s vocal too.  Cundy using his physique to ease his marker out of the way so Max can come and catch a ball into his mid-riff.  Also charging down the shot that Williams deflected over.  Positive signs of someone who wants to defend.

Showed his strength in the air, our midfielders will start to learn where to anticipate his aerial duels will land the more they play with him.

Klose is a very experienced guy, played in a promotion winning team at Norwich and played in the PL with them. He certainly knows his way around defending - however he’s had several knee injuries and it’s now a question of how long he can stay fit. If he can manage until the end of the season he may have earned a longer deal.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Klose is a very experienced guy, played in a promotion winning team at Norwich and played in the PL with them. He certainly knows his way around defending - however he’s had several knee injuries and it’s now a question of how long he can stay fit. If he can manage until the end of the season he may have earned a longer deal.

Thanks for that insight ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Never a penalty, he’s stood his ground and Ince ran into him.

I couldn't see the pen clearly but good to know it shouldn't have been. We can almost count that as a clean sheet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slippin cider said:

Keith ‘look at me,it’s all about me’ Stroud on Sunday :facepalm: …actually, the last couple of times he’s ref’d us he’s been ok . Anyone is better than Davies or the doughnut from last night …:yawn:

As others have pointed out, at least Stroud is an equal opportunity idiot.

Not-so-bonny Langford, last night's bloke, was so uneven I thought at one point in the second half his left arm had ceased to function as he kept using the right to indicate free kick and free kick for Reading. No wonder their midfielder Laurent gave him a little hug. 

• Like 1

On 10/02/2022 at 06:48, Robbored said:

Sybil Fawlty,,, Torquay.

Specialized subject; The Bleeding Obvious.

• Like 1

One thing I've noticed, is how vocal he is on the pitch. I love the fact he's only been here 2 minutes, but organised vocally from minute one. Typical German/Swiss...full of confidence in their own ability.

We've been a vocally Quite team for a long time.

I think it's becoming the norm in this country unfortunately. 

Noticeably different in other certain countries. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/02/2022 at 06:48, Robbored said:

I’ll believe that when I see it on the OS. 

On 10/02/2022 at 00:01, pongo88 said:

Wasn’t there a thread about Heleger and how he must be thinking “I’m the best player here why did I join Bristol city” 

1 hour ago, spudski said:

One thing I've noticed, is how vocal he is on the pitch. I love the fact he's only been here 2 minutes, but organised vocally from minute one. Typical German/Swiss...full of confidence in their own ability.

Amazes me how we’ve signed so many non-vocal players over the years. 

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Quite

On 09/02/2022 at 17:13, milo1111 said:

It was shocking wasn’t it. We really need to sort ourselves out defending in and around our own box. If nige can’t sort that out this summer we are in for a horrible season next time around as there probably won’t be anyone with a massive points deduction next year.

only the top 4 teams have scored more goals than us this season yet we are in the bottom half of the table with -14 goal difference. Says it all ?

What’s shocking is only two people knew that Jesus didn’t part The Red Sea!