IGNORED

Antoine Semenyo wins Championship Player of the Month award

iamalagerdrinker

1 minute ago, FNQ said:

Mitrovic is a great player… but albeit from afar, I’m quire happy to stick with Antoine and see him develop further before he eventually moves on. AM as good as he is would not be scoring for fun in our current team. Let’s just enjoy a rare bit of positive news and congratulate Antoine even if it hurts a little.

But I've said he'd done well this past month and that didn't hurt one bit?

As for the rest of your analysis that's why we're going nowhere slowly and they're heading back to The Premier.

I really hope Semenyo goes on to become an extraordinary striker. As is and to date he hasn't actually done much. 5 in 70 at Championship level leaves bags of room for improvement.

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

I’m sure the criteria is not just based on assists and scoring goals otherwise mitrovic would win it every month.

attitude, impact on games, overall performance are no doubt also considered.

well done antoine

Also got to consider the teams each player is part of. Mitrovic going mental with that Fulham team is much less of a feat than Semenyo’s performances with our team around him!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, firstdivision said:

Well deserved. And to think there were many on here who were adamant that he wasn’t up to it. He’s been fantastic, the main reason we are remotely watchable again. 

I remember just over a month ago I was slating him saying we would need to make the goal bigger for him to score . Now everytime he gets the ball he seems to make something happen . Funny what can change in a small amount of time and long may it continue.

26 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

But I've said he'd done well this past month and that didn't hurt one bit?

As for the rest of your analysis that's why we're going nowhere slowly and they're heading back to The Premier.

I really hope Semenyo goes on to become an extraordinary striker. As is and to date he hasn't actually done much. 5 in 70 at Championship level leaves bags of room for improvement.

So we're going nowhere fast because we don't have a £27m striker on £60k+ p/w?

Who do you expect us to have up front?

Fair play to him. I am the first to admit that i was very sceptical when he first broke onto the scene , genuinely thought he didn’t have what it took to really make an impact at this level but he has certainly proved me wrong.

We need to be building the team around players like him HNM Williams etc. We have the bones of a top team at this level IMO - a few more additions and we will be flying.

Edited by bris red

5 minutes ago, grifty said:

So we're going nowhere fast because we don't have a £27m striker on £60k+ p/w?

Who do you expect us to have up front?

Post Ashton & Johnson I expect us to have the likes of Semenyo, raw & unproven. That's why we are where we are.

Now had we not wasted so much resource I'd have expected a rotation of proven goalscorers. As is, with what we have to hand, they've done as best as might be expected this year.

Just now, bris red said:

On a side note, what do people think he is genuinely worth as it stands currently? I’d be wanting at least £10 million for him if someone came calling in the summer..

10? 20 plus. He’s essential to how we attack at pace. He’s got everything you need to be a good striker just gotta provide consistency for a prolonged period of time now.

5 minutes ago, bris red said:

On a side note, what do people think he is genuinely worth as it stands currently? I’d be wanting at least £10 million for him if someone came calling in the summer..

Genuinely worth is probably impossible to answer.  How much could be receive if we sold him this summer?  God knows.  A lot will depend if he’s keen to move or not.  If he’s not, then does there become a point where we can’t refuse an offer?  I don’t think that second part will be a scenario.  I think we’ve put a £20m price tag on his head, because at this point nobody is gonna pay that much.

I honestly believe Forest probably tested the water with £5m(ish) and we said go away.  Just like they did when Brentford tested them with £12m for Johnson, they said come back when you have at least £20m.

3 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Semenyo's taken great strides in the last month. 3 goals with 3 assists in January.

Mitrovic scored 3 against us alone, 6 in the month and chipped in two assists.

Funny old game the awards business.....

Oh wait I think the poster I could remember was you. Colour me surprised!

Edited by Phileas Fogg

I think I hoped rather than expected him to come good eventually. In those early days when he could roll a defender but not much else it was hard to see how he'd do that. 

Congrats to the guy. Hard work and tenacity have brought some success.

Now to build on it. 5 more goals this season gets him to 10 in what would be about half a season's worth of minutes (if he consistently starts) and I think he'd/we'd be happy with that.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Well deserved indeed - AS increased in confidence tremendously and now must be one of the first on the team sheet.

We all saw his power and pace in glimpses last season but is now producing virtually every match and adding goals to his game.

Semenyo is already on the radar of bigger clubs so hopefully this award won’t increase interest too much!

It might increase interest but will also increase his value. If he keeps improving he’s going to be worth big bucks. He’s going to be a wealthy man, hope we can keep him until the end of next season 

Edited by swanker
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, swanker said:

It might increase interest but will also increase his value. If he keeps improving he’s going to be worth big bucks. He’s going to be a wealthy man, hope we can keep him until the end of next season 

It certainly will increase his value which for us is quite a bonus. City already value him around the £20m mark and should he get to represent Ghana then his value will increase tremendously.

• Like 1