IGNORED

Pearson post match

And Its Smith

5 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I only saw the highlights but it did look a shambles, players getting in each other’s way. Surely with Kalas, Klose and Vyner the back line can be more organised? Nobody appears to have a defined role, is this down to having to cover for the lack in other positions? I think on another thread someone mentioned Swansea altering their tactics at HT in order to draw out the midfield, and so we lost our shape. Do we not have a way to counter this? Is it down to team selection, lack of players etc?

I just put it down to a very weak midfield, defensively, and our vulnerability at full back/ wing back. Add into the mix inexperience, a few players seemingly low on confidence (Max, Zak & COD), few options on the bench, it’s a struggle right now. With a few astute signings (Unlike last summer!), and players back from injury, we should have a reasonable mid-table squad at best next season.

On the bright side, with Martin, Weimann and Semenyo, with cameos from Wells, at least we pose a threat up front.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Chappers said:

I just put it down to a very weak midfield, defensively, and our vulnerability at full back/ wing back. Add into the mix inexperience, a few players seemingly low on confidence (Max, Zak & COD), few options on the bench, it’s a struggle right now. With a few astute signings (Unlike last summer!), and players back from injury, we should have a reasonable mid-table squad at best next season.

On the bright side, with Martin, Weimann and Semenyo, with cameos from Wells, at least we pose a threat up front.

I guess I thought that because Massengo was in the mix, he looked to be getting in the way. It's difficult to see on the highlights was they were supposed to be doing and what actually transpired

On 13/02/2022 at 18:58, BasSavage88 said:

What argument do you need? I don't think pearson is the right man for the job 

Someone thinks our manager isn't up for the job so he has he must be a gas head? 

So who is the right man for the job, tell us who is and if he is prepared to sort out the mess that's been left by certain individuals.  I can't think of anyone who's available, can you?

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

image.thumb.png.410fca0879318a70be095872940066a2.png

1. offered to discuss via DMs after one provocative attack on me, but poster never took me up on it
  2. tried reporting swearing / attacking posts to mods from this poster, no idea whether it worked, whether the poster received anything from mods
  3. so I ended up using ignore button, although the poster seems offended that I do

I am quite surprised by the pot and kettle view though when unfortunately I see other people quote the posts I’ve ignored.  Hey-ho. ??‍♂️

I expect I’ll get a shirt reaction post back as a result of this post, but just letting other posters know I’ve tried to do the things he / she suggested above, but it appears it was all lip service.  I think he / she creates a toxic environment on this forum.

Mods: is there some forum functionality that blocks “quotes” for posters you’ve ignored?

Or just a ban for multiple accounts.

The person is clearly not well - it may be in EVERYONES interest if she stepped away for a bit.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I guess I thought that because Massengo was in the mix, he looked to be getting in the way. It's difficult to see on the highlights was they were supposed to be doing and what actually transpired

Midfield is effectively Massengo & Scott, with Pring and Dasilva at WB. Not really what you’d want, as a unit, in such a competitive League.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

So who is the right man for the job, tell us who is and if he is prepared to sort out the mess that's been left by certain individuals.  I can't think of anyone who's available, can you?

I don't know and it's not my job to know. But I'm sure as **** sure Pearson isn't the right man

• Haha 1

On 13/02/2022 at 15:53, Davefevs said:

I’m glad that he’s angry, and comes out and said as much.

I’d probably rather he didn’t come out with “they’ll be off” type comments re nameless players.  I don’t mind with Bakinson, because he named him / called him out.

Lets hope our recruitment team are stepping up.

Perhaps like last season we’ve reached the point where he can play who he wants without fear of relegation.  Last season he started casting aside the players who weren’t up for it, even if it meant playing the youngsters and fielding a potentially weaker team.

As fans, are you prepared for that?  I am.

I think he has given certain players plenty of opportunities to make amends and has protected them up until now, but they haven’t learnt so he’s done with them. That in itself says that they are not up to it.

On 13/02/2022 at 15:53, And Its Smith said:

Pearson says you cannot give players desire. I’d argue you can, it’s called motivating players 

Eddie the Eagle was motivated but it didn’t make him good enough.

Some of our players are simply not up to the required standard and will never be up to it. 

If motivation was all it took then we could possibly have a team full of Messi and Ronaldo’s with the right man at the helm. If only it was that easy?!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

I think he has given certain players plenty of opportunities to make amends and has protected them up until now, but they haven’t learnt so he’s done with them. That in itself says that they are not up to it.

Eddie the Eagle was motivated but it didn’t make him good enough.

Some of our players are simply not up to the required standard and will never be up to it. 

If motivation was all it took then we could possibly have a team full of Messi and Ronaldo’s with the right man at the helm. If only it was that easy?!!!

No disagreements here on that. 

13 hours ago, IAmNick said:

I know you have the kind of unparalleled insight most of us could only dream of, meaning we're of course all very keen to know what you think specifically.

However there's a handy button on every post you can press if you agree with it which stops people having to fill threads up with stuff like this.

ran out but thanks for your stalking.

On 14/02/2022 at 11:45, VT05763 said:

I think this could well be a very pivotal moment in NPs 3 year plan. 

Whilst I disagree with how he openly criticises players in a public forum and would argue that in no way helps his cause I can totally understand his frustration and anger as as it seems the players are not reacting to instructions. he really did seem disheartened and at a loss of what to do next.

Hopefully this latest public slating will prove fruitful but maybe it is just time to except that this group of players are never going to buy into his methods, just see out the season without him having a nervous breakdown and hope to encouraged the ones he can't work with out and replace them.

The is no expectations on results, so accept it is what it is and wait for the next transfer window.

He may well have had enough all together though.

This is my favourite one so far ?

• Thanks 1

I don't have much time on my hands to really keep up with what's been going on at your gaffe in that last couple of months but when I check the results it always seems to be 1 step forward, 1 step back. There was a moment when I thought you could make a late run for the playoffs given how close everything was and you'd had a good couple of results. Not that I think it would have done you much good in a weird way.

But glad to see Nige being Nige when I have managed to check in. Let's be honest, Nige wears his heart on his sleeve a bit and can't comprehend people that won't do similar, or at least give it everything instead of coasting. Once he gets his players, he'll calm down but I enjoy managers that throw shit at their players publicly, maybe in this day and age it's less advisable but I think it sorts the wheat from the chaff in terms of their reaction. From his point of view, he probably knows there will be little consequence to him so he might as well go with it, all being well they'll be gone soon enough and he probably sees that the job starts properly in the summer.

Reading the thread, you have many a similar problem to we have and the managers have reacted in similar ways recently. Whilst the managers have to take responsibility, mentality is key and both of our teams seem to be sorely lacking that. The less of Nige's players (and staff) that are around, the worse we seem to have got for having spineless fancy dans that don't want to do the hard work, that don't have a real desire to stop the ball going into the net. I'd trust him to get that right come the summer.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1