IGNORED

Pearson post match

And Its Smith

27 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

A smear campaign is harrassment, especially when you're acusing me of being someone else, and then doubling down with an accusation of having multiple accounts. 

Its pathetic, also reported because I have enough to contend with elsewhere without someone else trying to be a private dick. 

It’s really not that deep, it’s just OTIB ?

5 minutes ago, 2015 said:

What are you even on about? If you post something on an open football forum you will expect notifications and posts to what you say. 

It's not personal!

image.thumb.png.410fca0879318a70be095872940066a2.png

1. offered to discuss via DMs after one provocative attack on me, but poster never took me up on it
  2. tried reporting swearing / attacking posts to mods from this poster, no idea whether it worked, whether the poster received anything from mods
  3. so I ended up using ignore button, although the poster seems offended that I do

I am quite surprised by the pot and kettle view though when unfortunately I see other people quote the posts I’ve ignored.  Hey-ho. ??‍♂️

I expect I’ll get a shirt reaction post back as a result of this post, but just letting other posters know I’ve tried to do the things he / she suggested above, but it appears it was all lip service.  I think he / she creates a toxic environment on this forum.

Mods: is there some forum functionality that blocks “quotes” for posters you’ve ignored?

• Like 11

I kind of get the forum can be a bit of a funny place sometimes, especially if you have a niche view - so taking a step away for a bit to reassess is sensible if it's stressful. I get that. The "delete me from existence" stuff was very odd though.

What I don't get however is returning under a poorly thought out name CLEARLY referencing your old one, denying it, and then immediately starting to post in the exact same rude / provocative / toxic manner that got people's backs up in the first place.

There are thousands upon thousands of members on this forum, and the vast majority manage to get along really well. If you find a repeated problem I'd suggested some introspection, rather than throwing blame/attacks around at everyone else, even if it's only for your own mental health/wellbeing.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 14

3 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I kind of get the forum can be a bit of a funny place sometimes, especially if you have a niche view - so taking a step away for a bit to reassess is sensible if it's stressful. I kind of get that. The "delete me from existence" stuff was very odd though.

What I don't get however is returning under a poorly thought out name CLEARLY referencing your old one, denying it, and then immediately starting to post in the exact same rude / provocative / toxic manner that got people's backs up in the first place.

There are thousands upon thousands of members on this forum, and the vast majority manage to get along really well. If you find a repeated problem I'd suggested some introspection, rather than throwing blame/attacks around at everyone else, even if it's only for your own mental health/wellbeing.

The person clearly has issues and seems to be deliberately provocative and controversial to get a reaction.  They then play the victim and accuse people of bullying, or harassing them, if they have the temerity to call them out on it.  

The next step is to go on a totally OTT and abusive rant in a manner that, if it was a bloke doing that to a woman it would be totally unacceptable, but for some reason, they seem to think it’s ok if the genders are reversed.

As you rightly say, why change your forum name, then leave clues in your new name as to who you were previously?

Extremely strange behaviour, that’s for sure and sadly, the only thing they bring to this forum is conflict.

3 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

The person clearly has issues and seems to be deliberately provocative and controversial to get a reaction.  They then play the victim and accuse people of bullying, or harassing them, if they have the temerity to call them out on it.  

The next step is to go on a totally OTT and abusive rant in a manner that, if it was a bloke doing that to a woman it would be totally unacceptable, but for some reason, they seem to think it’s ok if the genders are reversed.

As you rightly say, why change your forum name, then leave clues in your new name as to who you were previously?

Extremely strange behaviour, that’s for sure and sadly, the only thing they bring to this forum is conflict.

Basically a Narcissist is probably the correct term. The person needs help, it's not personal.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Exactly. Well said @IAmNickabove too.

They *want* people to know they’re back, hence the name. That’s what’s so bizarre and why it’s right that they get called out so others know.

It’s not a personal attack at all to point it out. 

• Like 2

I think this could well be a very pivotal moment in NPs 3 year plan. 

Whilst I disagree with how he openly criticises players in a public forum and would argue that in no way helps his cause I can totally understand his frustration and anger as as it seems the players are not reacting to instructions. he really did seem disheartened and at a loss of what to do next.

Hopefully this latest public slating will prove fruitful but maybe it is just time to except that this group of players are never going to buy into his methods, just see out the season without him having a nervous breakdown and hope to encouraged the ones he can't work with out and replace them.

The is no expectations on results, so accept it is what it is and wait for the next transfer window.

He may well have had enough all together though.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Everyone knows what’s happened here so you may as well admit it.

It’s great that you feel in a good enough place to post again though so welcome back. 

Never really know why people change their usernames, unless there's something to hide. 

Must of missed the drama, and now it makes sense as to why that other poster has disappeared from the forum! 

13 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

The very fact you ask that question shows a certain naivety.  Unless you know the individual it’s impossible to say how you’d motivate them  

Let's try and remember we are all naive about the essential goings on inside professional football - you yourself have disagreed with Nige - not without experience and success in the game - saying that he can put desire into players by motivating them while elsewhere on this thread suggesting we "listen" to "ex pros" when they wax lyrical about great motivational managers. Why aren't you listening to Nige when he says this?

We're all guessing about this.

Motivation is a slippery thing from what I can see, hard to pin down. Did Nige sign Vardy then set about "motivating" him, or identify a highly motivated individual and pay a record fee for a non-league player to make sure he got him? 

It may, or may not be, that Nige cannot motivate any more, or never could; I just don’t know how we could be sure. 

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Let's try and remember we are all naive about the essential goings on inside professional football - you yourself have disagreed with Nige - not without experience and success in the game - saying that he can put desire into players by motivating them while elsewhere on this thread suggesting we "listen" to "ex pros" when they wax lyrical about great motivational managers. Why aren't you listening to Nige when he says this?

Motivation is a slippery thing from what I can see, hard to pin down. Did Nige sign Vardy then set about "motivating" him, or identify a highly motivated individual and pay a record fee for a non-league player to make sure he got him? 

It may, or may not be, that Nige cannot motivate any more, or never could; I just don’t know how we could be sure. 

The frequent use of italics is so patronising ?

16 minutes ago, Akira said:

Never really know why people change their usernames, unless there's something to hide. 

Must of missed the drama, and now it makes sense as to why that other poster has disappeared from the forum! 

I've been thinking about changing mine for years because it's rubbish. Just can't be bothered.

4 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Odd that Dave, never had a PM from you, just a really supportive one from a lovely poster regarding my ongoing situation. Aside from that inbox is empty. 

Ignore settings at max include PMs so as you keep stating I'm on ignore that's the reason. 

Regards the rest of the comments, lets see. 

As everyone is so keen on knowing, stuff

I'm on Propanalol to be able to leave the house. 

Not eaten properly for months and I'm on meal replacement drinks because of the stress.

I've been egged and stalked as part of  possible reprisals. 

Regards support as everyone is so concerned. 

I've a dedicated police officer for support on the case. 

An IDVA also on the case

A trauma therapist 

Victim Support Help

Employee Assistance Programme help

Just started a DV recovery programme. 

At the same time I'm rehabbing a non related shoulder and neck injury caused by a fall at home 

So a physio, multiple painkillers and rehabilitation for that as well. 

I have to document every journey outside the house use Hollieguard so my location can be tracked and then make a note and report to the police anything unusual, such as someone rattling the bins, or playing knock and run away. 

I have to let people know where I'm going, when and who I'll be with for how long and then check in I'm home safe. Cant walk many places alone, not allowed to. 

I'm likely to lose my job, and possibly my house over all this having already been batrered, bruised, concussed and sexually abused 

So, not 'mental' not a 'narcissist' or anything else thrown this way. 

Im just a very afraid woman, looking to engage in something that's relatively safe,  get away from all that crap and where her abuser wont turn up and repeat the same. It is the oddest thing to see other posters try though, which is why people will get short shrift. 

Enjoy the rest of your discussions. 

All this yet you're still so abusive and rude to others? Why? 

That's why people are commenting on it. Because it's a forum. We'll have different opinions on all sorts, would be boring if we didn't, but the rudeness and abuse is uncalled for, which is why people questioned the name change, which you denied back in November. 

Wish you all the best going forward regarding your situation, however people will find it easier to empathise with you and offer help/talk if the way you put across your POV is made in a better way. 

• Like 3

Ffs people can't we just get back to talking football on here?

The constant slagging off, verbal abuse and general nit picking is tiresome and tbh, in my opinion, some of it is borderline bullying. 

People are slagging off posters saying they must have issues etc but then carry on anyway. People, from both sides of a conversation just seem intent to argue, belittle and slag people off. I would image most people came on here to have/read a semi sensible debate but it's turned into a poisonous/pathetic topic between grown men/women from the comfort of their keyboards. 

It's ******* pathetic. 

Think the mods should just lock this thread as it's gone sooooooo far past its original purpose and it's become far to personal 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Odd that Dave, never had a PM from you, just a really supportive one from a lovely poster regarding my ongoing situation. Aside from that inbox is empty. 

Ignore settings at max include PMs so as you keep stating I'm on ignore that's the reason. 

Not eaten properly for months and I'm on meal replacement drinks because of the stress.

An IDVA also on the case

A trauma therapist 

Victim Support Help

At the same time I'm rehabbing a non related shoulder and neck injury caused by a fall at home 

I have to document every journey outside the house use Hollieguard so my location can be tracked and then make a note and report to the police anything unusual, such as someone rattling the bins, or playing knock and run away. 

I have to let people know where I'm going, when and who I'll be with for how long and then check in I'm home safe. Cant walk many places alone, not allowed to. 

I'm likely to lose my job, and possibly my house over all this having already been batrered, bruised, concussed and sexually abused 

Im just a very afraid woman, looking to engage in something that's relatively safe,  get away from all that crap and where her abuser wont turn up and repeat the same. It is the oddest thing to see other posters try though, which is why people will get short shrift. 

Hope you get some respite from the bloke who is making your life hell. No one should have to go through that.

Your story serves to remind us that no matter what sort of disagreements we have with people on these forums, there's a human at the other end of the computer. We don't really know them and we don't know their circumstances. We should try to debate respectfully.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Hope you get some respite from the bloke who is making your life hell. No one should have to go through that.

Your story serves to remind us that no matter what sort of disagreements we have with people on these forums, there's a human at the other end of the computer. We don't really know them and we don't know their circumstances. We should try to debate respectfully.

Hear hear.

Sadly we live in an increasingly angry and polarised world, amplified by social media, in which many people seem to feel compelled to take (to put it politely) dogmatic positions.

Why not be open to evidence and persuasion and the possibility that we might be wrong? Why not like a post that you disagree with because you think the poster has made their point well? And where we are not persuaded just agree to disagree?

Do unto others and all that.

• Like 2

image.thumb.png.87dd3e5c0c20566bf3977c1ec7e34169.png

Theres the DM offer, in black and white!

If you want me to instigate the first DM, just let me know.  Happy to do so.  I’ll remove you from ignore, so I see it.  Give me 5 mins to do so.  I’ve never ignored DMs, just posts, so let me know how you want to engage.  If you don’t want to, that’s fine also.

edit. Removed ignore on posts.

Edited by Davefevs

46 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

An IDVA also on the case

A trauma therapist 

Victim Support Help

Well, that's a horrible situation, but coming on here and winding people up who don't know your circumstances is not a safe way to behave.

I hope you get to a better place, but in the meantime, maybe stay away from social media?

#ItsOkayNotToBeOkay

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Some good points made. Trying to work out your former username.