IGNORED

Pearson post match

And Its Smith

7 hours ago, Mr Chappers said:

Struggling with NP’s comments, young team, little in reserve, players out of position, not a particularly good team. They have to put in maximum effort to get any points, and I’ve certainly not noticed any lack of commitment. The lack of fit central midfield options definitely doesn’t help.

This is it, can only have made things worse surely.

8 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Thanks for telling me my own views,  I can only assume that your post was blinded by your complete lack of wit and intellect. 

Genuinely had less aggro from someone who abused me for months and is with the police to deal with, than idiots on here. Think about that for a moment.

I can only assume therefore that your post sounding off here is more preferable to abusing someone else.

It's not the gaslighting or the frankly crappy small willy waving that bothers me, its the little pricks who dont want to hear any other views than their own. 

It's like watching a cult in action some times and is thoroughly depressing to see.

Football is subjective and isnt about having the same opinions. I'm really sorry that you can't work that out.

Why have you returned to the forum after making such a big show about not only leaving, but demanding all data about your previous account be deleted citing GDPR regulations? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, Mr Chappers said:

Struggling with NP’s comments, young team, little in reserve, players out of position, not a particularly good team. They have to put in maximum effort to get any points, and I’ve certainly not noticed any lack of commitment. The lack of fit central midfield options definitely doesn’t help.

I only saw the highlights but it did look a shambles, players getting in each other’s way. Surely with Kalas, Klose and Vyner the back line can be more organised? Nobody appears to have a defined role, is this down to having to cover for the lack in other positions? I think on another thread someone mentioned Swansea altering their tactics at HT in order to draw out the midfield, and so we lost our shape. Do we not have a way to counter this? Is it down to team selection, lack of players etc?

17 hours ago, VT05763 said:

Precisely.

Correct.

This.

1 hour ago, VT05763 said:

Precisely.

I know you have the kind of unparalleled insight most of us could only dream of, meaning we're of course all very keen to know what you think specifically.

However there's a handy button on every post you can press if you agree with it which stops people having to fill threads up with stuff like this.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Pearson says you cannot give players desire. I’d argue you can, it’s called motivating players 

spot on my friend 

1 Pearson all game with his hands in his pocket or sat down

2 Russel martin dictating his players with energy and commitment and desire to the cause

i know which one i would rather play for

Pearson got it wrong yesterday with his tactics and needs to stand up and admit it, Swansea was so predictable playing out from the back using the keeper as the extra man.only once in the 2nd half did we shut that down and make the keeper panic.

i thought Swansea was there for the taking after the first half but once again we sat back and the ball became a hot potato.

sorry chaps and will put my tin hat on for this,but i am struggling with the love in for pearson and lets be honest if it was not for the sides with points deductions and other poor sides we would be down and out.

11 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Supported since 1998 and I can only talk from my personal experience but this seems right based on my time.

Should we have achieved more? I'd say so- there was of course not twisting in January 2008 and then the failure to capitalise by reaching the top 6 a decade on- experience of the 2018 Cup run in particular, but some of the others and we still had a lot of the players, that Cup experience would have been perfect for a playoff campaign.

2019 had we been a bit bolder in January 2019, might a top 6 place have been ours? Still had some players with significant Cup experience too. 2019/20 was a different sort of failure as while on one hand the football was worst out of those 3 seasons, LJ getting everything he wanted left him with nowhere to go.

Now it feels like we might be in the post phase- from GJ, via Coppell, to Millen and eventually McInnes and O'Driscoll. Yet there are differences- if we stay up this and next season, retaining a good number of our younger players then better times under NP could lie ahead. Bit of a long haul I expect.

That if is a big one.

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Tafkarmlf = The artist formally known as ralphmilnesleftfoot. Your previous name on this forum. I dont believe he is harassing you, so stop with the drama. 

Anyone who dares answer them is ‘harassing them’ apparently yet they are allowed to come out with the nonsense they generally do about gaslighting, harassment, and the rest. Weird behaviour from someone who seems to think they are so put upon. Sad really. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I know you have the kind of unparalleled insight most of us could only dream of, meaning we're of course all very keen to know what you think specifically.

However there's a handy button on every post you can press if you agree with it which stops people having to fill threads up with stuff like this.

Spot on 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Various posts on here about starting to enjoy watching city again. Really? I agree that Semenyo and Scott can now get you up off your seat at times, which we haven't had for a while. 

However, week after week we get our noses in front only to resort to sitting back and letting in soft goals. I find it hard to enjoy games when you know we will crumble at the end. Reading was just so painful to watch, even though we scraped a win we nearly didn't. 

I think we have to give Nige another season and hope it improves. I struggle to see it is any better to watch at this point though. 

Edited by robin_unreliant
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

What on earth are you on about? 

Do you get your kicks haranguing and harrassing people?

Do you get what boundaries are? 

Clearly not as you have none. 

Least this thread in between some good discussion has exposed curtain twitchers, over personal requests and a clear show of entitlement. 

Back to the topic at hand then, NP and press conference and defence issues or players not doing their jobs. 

Slept on it and maybe we will see a change in formation as we're basically safe, and perhaps some new things tried. 

Sweeper or something similar possible. Klose behind Kalas with Vyner in front allowing Massengo to be further forward and not drop so deep, giving Scott another body in centre mid to work along side. 

Something like this

Klose

Dasilva Kalas Pring

Vyner

Scott Massengo 

Weimann

Semenyo Martin

Lot of work for Pring and Dasilva, but only a tweak from what we've seen recently in terms of formation and gives us better options at the back. I think Vyner has the engine to do this and also means that we gain Massengo energy further upfield, which when Martin hits the wall after an hour or so could be more effective. 

Everyone knows what’s happened here so you may as well admit it.

It’s great that you feel in a good enough place to post again though so welcome back. 

26 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Tafkarmlf = The artist formally known as ralphmilnesleftfoot. Your previous name on this forum. I dont believe he is harassing you, so stop with the drama. 

Exactly - just a forum PSA from me really in case others hadn’t worked it out. Some may feel there’s little point engaging if they knew who they were talking to.

No intention of harassing - just making people aware. Having multiple accounts is against forum rules anyway. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly - just a forum PSA from me really in case others hadn’t worked it out. Some may feel there’s little point engaging if they knew who they were talking to.

No intention of harassing - just making people aware. Having multiple accounts is against forum rules anyway. 

PSA @Phileas Fogg?

Bit my tongue on this thread yesterday while all the doom merchants predictably crawled out of the woodwork. People have their own pre-conceived agendas against the manager. I get that; I didn't agree with LJ's appointment and still hold him partly responsible for the mess we're in today. 

I've long been fed up of players going through the motions here and it's this cosy club that needs breaking up. A lot of that was done last summer, but we still have players here who are guilty of it. Whether that's because they're on £20k+ p/w and can't be arsed or because they simply ain't up to it at this level. People seem to forget there are players here who have undermined LJ, Holden and NP. Because we have a small squad, we don't have a plethora of options.  

All we can hope for is a windfall or two from the sales of Webster or Kelly in the summer. Then, and only then, can we aspire to balance this squad.

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

Just now, Tafkarmlf said:

A smear campaign is harrassment, especially when you're acusing me of being someone else, and then doubling down with an accusation of having multiple accounts. 

Its pathetic, also reported because I have enough to contend with elsewhere without someone else trying to be a private dick. 

Mate, this is the football forum, there is a General Chat forum if you want to snipe at each other. 

2 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

A smear campaign is harrassment, especially when you're acusing me of being someone else, and then doubling down with an accusation of having multiple accounts. 

Its pathetic, also reported because I have enough to contend with elsewhere without someone else trying to be a private dick

Can I ask why you continually complain about your supposed treatment on here yet nearly every one of your posts contains abusive language like the above? Just trying to understand why you think it’s ok? We all have shit going on in our lives - it doesn’t excuse it. 

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

I dont, others appear keen. 

The posts and the notifications keep coming. 

If only there were Dms or report buttons or ignore if they're clearly that aggrieved about things, pretty crappy for everyone else to read im sure. 

What are you even on about? If you post something on an open football forum you will expect notifications and posts to what you say. 

It's not personal!