IGNORED

Pearson post match

And Its Smith

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, it’s not like they’re all sat there thinking “is he on about me”…he will let them know who they are.  What he doesn’t need to do is name them to the press and create unnecessary headlines.

Don’t want to bring LJ into it, but he was the opposite from what I heard….name them to the press but unable to tell them to their face.

He told them to their face also.

Edited by VT05763

Just now, Atticus said:

I wouldn't believe Pearson used to be a defender.

Our defence is calamitous continuously, practically amateurish. How they are not embarrassed with themselves I will never know. A shit player is a shit player I guess, but what the hell do they do in training every week? For this entire season? 

A portion of the blame has to go to Pearson, and on those training. To see it look so bad, no improvements. And there has been signings at the back. Simpson, Atkinson, Tanner, Klose. Some maybe injured now, they have all played. Still laughably embarrassing defensively though and have been all season. Pathetic.  

Our attackers are stepping up. Its the clowns at the back. Pathetic. 

Interesting how Antoine said he’s learned from Marin and Weimann and how they’ve helped him

Unfortunately Kalas is no leader and actually seems quite insular - Many still laud him but I’m not sure he’d be a great loss 

The fact he, before the arrival of Klose was our only experienced fit defender doesn’t help 

Having said that - after something like 150 appearances in Vyner shouldn’t need his hand holding

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In some respects I think it did work last season.  It gave him chance to assess the depth of squad he required this season, e.g. how much he might be able to se Semenyo, Scott, Conway.  It gave him a barometer to use when he checks the ability of other youngsters like Benarous.  If Scott can come in and do ok, then possibly Benarous can too.

If I thought we needed 14/15 points from our last 14 I might think differently.  We will have a few players back in the next few games.  Williams now had 5 sub appearances on the trot too.

I do agree if we hit a big injury crisis that we can’t just play the kids….but I don’t think he is suggesting that.

As a guess, he’s talking about someone like Vyner, who most OTIBers don’t think should be playing anyway.  Some unnecessary over-reaction to a disappointed manager giving a press conference post-match after we threw away a 1-0 ht lead to lose 3-1 when Swansea won because one of two let down the collective and  didn’t show enough heart.

I’m happy to see a young player play but I’m not in favour of ‘throwing in the U23s’ as was suggested. We saw how many of them were out of their depth last season (no fault of their own). 
I suppose my point is an ultra cautious one. Get the points on the board. Don’t be complacent. Don’t play an experimental team yet. We should be ok but make sure. 

I’ve seen enough of our defending this season to know we are vulnerable in every game and that could translate into a Hull-like run (especially if a few more key players were injured).

Thank god for Posh, Derby, Reading and Barnsley. And a few of our other  struggling friends. 

Edited by firstdivision
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, it’s not like they’re all sat there thinking “is he on about me”…he will let them know who they are.  What he doesn’t need to do is name them to the press and create unnecessary headlines.

Don’t want to bring LJ into it, but he was the opposite from what I heard….name them to the press but unable to tell them to their face.

I'm farily sure it's Jay and Zac. Nice lads, it seems, but not Pearson players. To be honest, I think Jay looks better in midfield areas, is tenacious when on/protecting the ball, but does not show that when trying to win it or stop it going into our box.

• Like 1

Just now, The Original OTIB said:

I'm farily sure it's Jay and Zac. Nice lads, it seems, but not Pearson players. To be honest, I think Jay looks better in midfield areas, is tenacious when on/protecting the ball, but does not show that when trying to win it or stop it going into our box.

save for that randomly aggressive tackle/lunge for the yellow.

Just now, BasSavage88 said:

You're a very angry little princess 

Not angry in the slightest.  I’m happy with how we have left the Ashton and LJ days behind and can see the plan ahead.  What’s happening this season is as expected.  
Just saying what I think about your nonsensical views doesn’t make me angry, so seriously don’t flatter yourself.  Youre a sad **** who literally spends each game loitering / waiting to pounce as soon as we concede a goal. Must’ve been a record today - it was almost immediate. How sad is that :gasmask: 

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

A lot of central defenders get criticised for situations when they are being left exposed by wingbacks or central midfielders.  Interesting that our shocking goals conceded run started around the time that Matty James got injured…

Edited by The Dolman Pragmatist
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

He told them to their face also.

So what’s your problem then? ??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

I’m happy to see a young player play but I’m not in favour of ‘throwing in the U23s’ as was suggested. We saw how many of them were out of their depth last season (no fault of their own). 
I suppose my point is an ultra cautious one. Get the points on the board. Don’t be complacent. Don’t play an experimental team yet. We should be ok but make sure. 

I’ve seen enough of our defending this season to know we are vulnerable in every game and that could translate into a Hull-like run (especially if a few more key players were injured).

Thank god for Posh, Derby, Reading and Barnsley. And a few of our other  struggling friends. 

No, agree, not talking about going gung-ho u23s either.  Just assuming it was Vyner, assuming Cundy is fit, why not now start him, at least until Atkinson is back

19 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

If you can't/wont change it don't destroy the players in public who you are going to pick next week.

You posted being critical that he will pick the same players next week, nice easy cheap little dig, but when challenged and asked who he should pick, you chose to not answer the question

Possible because the reality is we have a small squad made worse by injuries, so again you want to be critical of putting out the same team, WHO SHOULD HE PICK INSTEAED??????

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

A lot of central defenders get criticised for situations when they are being left exposed by wingbacks of central midfielders.  Interesting that our shocking goals conceded run started around the time that Matty James got injured…

…and I don’t think he is the greatest “screen” per se, but he’s a talker and an organiser.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Interesting how Antoine said he’s learned from Marin and Weimann and how they’ve helped him

Unfortunately Kalas is no leader and actually seems quite insular - Many still laud him but I’m not sure he’d be a great loss 

The fact he, before the arrival of Klose was our only experienced fit defender doesn’t help 

Having said that - after something like 150 appearances in Vyner shouldn’t need his hand holding

Totally agree about Kala's. People on other threads last week saying how good he is and always putting his body on the line. I would prefer my CH to be on his feet reading situations and dealing with them before throwing himself in front of the ball.

• Like 6

Just now, sh1t_ref_again said:

You posted being critical that he will pick the same players next week, nice easy cheap little dig, but when challenged and asked who he should pick, you chose to not answer the question

Possible because the reality is we have a small squad made worse by injuries, so again you want to be critical of putting out the same team, WHO SHOULD HE PICK INSTEAED??????

Bentley

Cundy     Kalas     Klose

Taylor                                Pring

Scott     Owers

Weimann

Semenyo     Conway

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So what’s your problem then? ??‍♂️

No, agree, not talking about going gung-ho u23s either.  Just assuming it was Vyner, assuming Cundy is fit, why not now start him, at least until Atkinson is back

I'm not backing LJ just correcting an assumption.

My problem is with the current strategy is that you shouldn't slate players in public like NP does and then pick them in the next game. If you have no other options keep it in house.

16 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

What argument do you need? I don't think pearson is the right man for the job 

Someone thinks our manager isn't up for the job so he has he must be a gas head? 

Ok, whatever, time to look for the block button. I like interesting posters with conjecture then argument, and not necessarily a shared opinion, as echo chambers are equally as uninteresting.

7 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Totally agree about Kala's. People on other threads last week saying how good he is and always putting his body on the line. I would prefer my CH to be on his feet reading situations and dealing with them before throwing himself in front of the ball.

Fwiw I think Kalas has a lot of strengths but has weaknesses too.  His £8m price tag was “of its time”, as was his £25k p.w. so I won’t bring that into the argument other than his current £2m asset value this summer would be good to shift, as would his wage, unless he wants to take a wage drop for an extension.  Even then you might say what might we that’s better value, might you get two players?

2 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

I'm not backing LJ just correcting an assumption.

My problem is with the current strategy is that you shouldn't slate players in public like NP does and then pick them in the next game. If you have no other options keep it in house.

Who has he slated in public (other than Bakinson).

How often has James Taylor played RWB for the u23s?

12 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Bentley

Scott     Owers

Weimann

Semenyo     Conway

i prefer owers summarising on the radio plus hes knocking on a bit now?.....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Ok, whatever, time to look for the block button. I like interesting posters with conjecture then argument, and not necessarily a shared opinion, as echo chambers are equally as uninteresting.

What more insight do you need?

I've explained myself on here multiple times why I think he's not up to it.

3 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Bentley

Scott     Owers

Weimann

Semenyo     Conway

So you suggest play as many under 23's as possible which you think is the answer to not concede against Middlesbrough, hopefully they don't give a way a goal so there confidence goes and they become the latest OTIB scapegoat.

Taylor - not sure he has played so would be his debut

Owers - how many 1st team minutes, instead of HNM or Williams who have both done well

Cundy & Conway very inexperienced

As much as I have enjoyed watching and want to see the U23's in the team, not sure anyone can be taken seriously to take out Vyner, DaSilva, Martin & HNM and replace with U23's

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Just picked names off the U23 squad list

See my theory is that @VT05763is a family member (parent, uncle etc) / friend of one of the Academy lads…or is friendly with someone who is.

Because he often reports same / similar “rumours” to stuff I hear from that same type of route too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fwiw I think Kalas has a lot of strengths but has weaknesses too.  His £8m price tag was “of its time”, as was his £25k p.w. so I won’t bring that into the argument other than his current £2m asset value this summer would be good to shift, as would his wage, unless he wants to take a wage drop for an extension.  Even then you might say what might we that’s better value, might you get two players?

Who has he slated in public (other than Bakinson).

How often has James Taylor played RWB for the u23s?

Players as a whole.

Taylor can play WB

You can’t coach players who don’t want to learn. Or that can’t implement instructions on the pitch.

I don’t think the players we have are good enough. Individually maybe; as a team they’re not. They’re mentally weak. You can have all the talent in the world, if you don’t believe then you’re done.

Not three managers has got a tune out of them. So is it the fiddle, the conductor, the orchestra or the music?

36 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I've said before I think we could get someone just as good for half his wages. He's good but not great at any particular attitude, except for throwing himself in front of the ball of that's one, but like you say he puts himself in those situations. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1