IGNORED

Pearson post match

And Its Smith

Just now, Tafkarmlf said:

Nah, i dont buy it, sorry. 

He's not immune from being sacked, if the results are crap at present things aren't the greatest and we're conceding goals like it's going out of fashion

'If I'm the manager' as per the last quote was the biggest tell. 

Think you are reading far too much into things.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, frenchred said:

How about he takes a bit of blame himself. He continually picks the same side, same tactics and expects different results? He's deluded!

Still he can slam off all the reporters and everyone's happy!

We are where we are!

Tactics were spot on today. Players need to execute them for 90 mins 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Don't pick them then FFS !!!!

How many times, play the u-23s, you are under no pressure to produce results.

Scorched earth policy and take some responsibility.

That policy didn’t work too well in the second half of last season. And we’re not safe just yet although it is a bizarre and unique season at the bottom.  I can see us losing 10 of our last 14 if one or two more key players get injured. 

Edited by firstdivision
  • Haha 1

As to last summers signings, they were, quite reasonably, more about stamping his authority and putting down a clear marker as to his demanding style and expectations, than boosting the squad with style and potential. What better way to inform the dressing room than a few players who knew and responded to him at Leicester. That he was able to do so on the cheap was then the reason it happened. So I thought NP was on the money last year. The critical problem is that there’s no money this summer, so it’s vital we buy a couple well and hold onto Sem. , Scott and HM.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

That policy didn’t work too well in the second half of last season. And we’re not safe just yet although it is a bizarre and unique season at the bottom.  I can us losing 10 of our last 14 if one or two more key players get injured. 

So a team that's lost 15 out of 32 is nailed on to lose 10 of the next 14 with one or two injuries? What if a couple come back from injury, does that change it to 10 wins in the next 14?

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

What changes can he make . We’ve got players that are not good enough & a small squad with injuries in crucial positions . So come on genius enlighten us all.

If he isnt in the position to change personnel it isnt incredibly sensible to publicly out the options he has.

I am largely behind Pearson and sympathetic to the circumstances he is operating in but I think you have to go very careful as a manager. If circumstances dictate that you have no option but to work with x you don't put x in a position where they think 'well **** you then.'

Is he right, yeah he probably is. The squad does need new faces and people do need to leave. I am behind Pearson in regard to overseeing that transition but he's very reliant on fans buying into him being the person to steer us through with, to be honest, not a whole heap of evidence to back that up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t mind Zak Vyner - assuming he’s one of them - most OTIBers think he’s “Lg1 at best”, but seem to get very upset when said player might be criticised by the manager.

Aren’t you getting what you want.  Same with Bakinson “he’s lazy, he’s crap…” until the manager has a go and you all get defensive.

You dislike the Cosy Club concept, until someone wants to do something about it!

Sounds rather like “cake and eat it”.

Ain't that ever the truth..............

• Like 2

1 minute ago, S_C said:

If he isnt in the position to change personnel it isnt incredibly sensible to publicly out the options he has.

I am largely behind Pearson and sympathetic to the circumstances he is operating in but I think you have to go very careful as a manager. If circumstances dictate that you have no option but to work with x you don't put x in a position where they think 'well **** you then.'

Is he right, yeah he probably is. The squad does need new faces and people do need to leave. I am behind Pearson in regard to overseeing that transition but he's very reliant on fans buying into him being the person to steer us through with, to be honest, not a whole heap of evidence to back that up.

I think he feels let down by one or two players who he’s really protected at times.  Sometimes you’re too annoyed to let it go.  Today was that day, because @Rossi the Robin says we executed the tactics really well first half, there were 3 points in the offing.

• Robin 1

34 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Pearson says you cannot give players desire. I’d argue you can, it’s called motivating players 

I'd argue managers can draw out or coax what is in a player but cannot implant characteristics such as desire into adults. 

You go out and find desire, courage, in players and bring them here, then when those players play with said characteristics punters marvel at the managers "motivation."

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Tafkarmlf said:

He's been told to ship up or ship out.

Don't think he's been told that at all. He's carrying out the rebuild that he, the owner, the ceo and the chairman would have identified at the time he was properly employed last summer. Do you seriously think that rebuild is possible, baring in mind the state the club was left in after the last 3/4 seasons, without issues?

• Like 12

38 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Don't pick them then FFS !!!!

How many times, play the u-23s, you are under no pressure to produce results.

Scorched earth policy and take some responsibility.

He is taking responsibility. He is stating I have given a few players chances and if they don’t find some heart between now and the end of the season there will be changes. 

What bothers me is Vyner is an easy target it’s also clear that he has switched off for the first goal. However in the second half they came through us in the middle and down the flanks and we couldn’t live with it. 

It didnt matter whether it was Williams or Massengo we didn’t defend across the team well, our problems stemming in the middle third and conceding so much possession when pressurized. 

So who else is he talking about other than the obvious? That rant was not aimed at one individual. My thought is he has tried the hands around the shoulder with one or two or three, now he’s going with the aggressive option. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

As to last summers signings, they were, quite reasonably, more about stamping his authority and putting down a clear marker as to his demanding style and expectations, than boosting the squad with style and potential. What better way to inform the dressing room than a few players who knew and responded to him at Leicester. That he was able to do so on the cheap was then the reason it happened. So I thought NP was on the money last year. The critical problem is that there’s no money this summer, so it’s vital we buy a couple well and hold onto Sem. , Scott and HM.

The leicester players were high quality, but it was 6/7 years ago that team went together. There was an obvious risk with the simpson and king signjngs, and james has had long term injuries too. Baker was always going to be a risk, atkinson was initially in favour, then dropped, now no one knows whats happening, and tanner was a league 2 right back who might or might not turn into a good signing, but was cheap enough to take a risk on. 

weimann has been fantastic, but several of those signings were clearly questionable at the time.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Little point in writing in such definite terms when you can’t possibly know 

You could be right knowing SL

Rip up the plan and try a new one , maybe reinstall Boy wonder 

The fact that Pearson has reduced the spend significantly , introduced and developed, and increased value in  a number of Academy players and will safely keep us in the Championship , probably ticks a few boxes atm with Uncle Steve

But I could be wrong

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

So a team that's lost 15 out of 32 is nailed on to lose 10 of the next 14 with one or two injuries? What if a couple come back from injury, does that change it to 10 wins in the next 14?

Of course I’m not saying what you suggest. I’m saying we can’t just throw in the kids. (That didn’t work last season.) We still need results. We should be ok but MY concern is that if we lost a couple more key players to injury we might really struggle (eg Semenyo). He’s that important to us. We always seem to play on the edge of a result and that sort of thing could tip the balance firmly against us. 

One or two coming back might help us. That would be good. But none of them seem that close and none of them would significantly improve us in the way, say, Semenyo has. 

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

He is taking responsibility. He is stating I have given a few players chances and if they don’t find some heart between now and the end of the season there will be changes. 

What bothers me is Vyner is an easy target it’s also clear that he has switched off for the first goal. However in the second half they came through us in the middle and down the flanks and we couldn’t live with it. 

It didnt matter whether it was Williams or Massengo we didn’t defend across the team well, our problems stemming in the middle third and conceding so much possession when pressurized. 

So who else is he talking about other than the obvious? That rant was not aimed at one individual. My thought is he has tried the hands around the shoulder with one or two or three, now he’s going with the aggressive option. 

He has been chucking "unnamed"  players under the bus and then picking the same side for the next game from the moment he came in.

Interesting motivational technique.

17 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Usual dopes buying Pearson's post match press conference then ?

Again, you failed to answer the question I asked in the match day thread. Rather than revelling in the negativity and only posting when we lose, who would you like to see in charge?

I’m starting to think you’re a little gas head troll, out to stir as your life is bleak and empty, and this is the best you can come up with for entertaining yourself on the internet.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m glad that he’s angry, and comes out and said as much.

I’d probably rather he didn’t come out with “they’ll be off” type comments re nameless players.  I don’t mind with Bakinson, because he named him / called him out.

Lets hope our recruitment team are stepping up.

Perhaps like last season we’ve reached the point where he can play who he wants without fear of relegation.  Last season he started casting aside the players who weren’t up for it, even if it meant playing the youngsters and fielding a potentially weaker team.

As fans, are you prepared for that?  I am.

Agreed completely. FFS, people saying he’s picking the team so there, what options does he have. We have available right now what there is. 

It’s time for supporters to step forward and back the bloke who picked up zLK MA SL JL effed up mess. We are trying to build a team from our academy this is what happens 

• Like 2

Just now, bexhill reds said:

Again, you failed to answer the question I asked in the match day thread. Rather than revelling in the negativity and only posting when we lose, who would you like to see in charge?

I’m starting to think you’re a little gas head troll, out to stir as your life is bleak and empty, and this is the best you can come up with for entertaining yourself on the internet.

What is your obsession with me finding an alternative? Are you only able to say a manager/player isn't good enough if you can find an exact available replacement within a guessed budget? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, frenchred said:

How about he takes a bit of blame himself. He continually picks the same side, same tactics and expects different results? He's deluded!

Still he can slam off all the reporters and everyone's happy!

We are where we are!

The squad is thredbare with injuries to defenders who would you pick from whos available We already have Cundy and Idehen whos no one had heard of until 12.00 You got to cut the manager some slack yes he teaches them what to do but is it his fault that osme of the players just arnt getting it Obviously Vyner is one of the ones his comments are aimed at 

All this talk of change of players and how poor old nige can't do that cause he ain't got no more to pick from.

How about he changes formation? Because this one certainly ain't working with the players he has available!

Or just go and bully a reporter, it seams to brighten him up andnof course its their fault!

• Like 1

Just now, BasSavage88 said:

What is your obsession with me finding an alternative? Are you only able to say a manager/player isn't good enough if you can find an exact available replacement within a guessed budget? 

It’s not an obsession, you can have an opinion, it’s a forum, but perhaps be an interesting poster and express a contra-argument. Not too much to ask surely, only posting negatives makes you a bit dull…

1 minute ago, firstdivision said:

Of course I’m not saying what you suggest. I’m saying we can’t just throw in the kids. (That didn’t work last season.) We still need results. We should be ok but MY concern is that if we lost a couple more key players to injury we might really struggle (eg Semenyo). He’s that important to us. We always seem to play on the edge of a result and that sort of thing could tip the balance firmly against us. 

One or two coming back might help us. That would be good. But none of them seem that close and none of them would significantly improve us in the way, say, Semenyo has. 

In some respects I think it did work last season.  It gave him chance to assess the depth of squad he required this season, e.g. how much he might be able to se Semenyo, Scott, Conway.  It gave him a barometer to use when he checks the ability of other youngsters like Benarous.  If Scott can come in and do ok, then possibly Benarous can too.

If I thought we needed 14/15 points from our last 14 I might think differently.  We will have a few players back in the next few games.  Williams now had 5 sub appearances on the trot too.

I do agree if we hit a big injury crisis that we can’t just play the kids….but I don’t think he is suggesting that.

As a guess, he’s talking about someone like Vyner, who most OTIBers don’t think should be playing anyway.  Some unnecessary over-reaction to a disappointed manager giving a press conference post-match after we threw away a 1-0 ht lead to lose 3-1 when Swansea won because one of two let down the collective and  didn’t show enough heart.

• Like 2