IGNORED

Kids on the pitch

ohhhshauntaylor

On 19/02/2022 at 20:42, Silvio Dante said:

Agree. It’s absolute nonsense. I might be wrong, but what it smacks of also is people who don’t come to the game often and want a souvenir of their tourist day out.

My 10 year old has sat through us being gubbed by some real shite. And if he asked to run on the pitch for a shirt on a normal game, I’d tell him where to go. And it wouldn’t be on the pitch.

Parents - control your kids. The day is not about little Johnny getting a shirt from a player because you have a small cock and want to make it about you to give a small amount of meaning to your sad little life on the one day you attend. Sit down, shut up and maybe don’t encourage criminal infringement eh?

(So, just for those of you where that’s not clear, I’m not in favour!)

This escalated quickly.

7 minutes ago, harrys said:

So much over reaction to this 

I not so sure, last week 1 or 2 kids one crying. Tonight 5 or 6 what’s it going to be on the Birmingham game 10-15 and loads more tears. Then the entitled parents get pissy because young Jessica or Jeremy didn’t get a shirt. Then plaster it all over social media. It’s wrong IMO

• Like 11
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I not so sure, last week 1 or 2 kids one crying. Tonight 5 or 6 what’s it going to be on the Birmingham game 10-15 and loads more tears. Then the entitled parents get pissy because young Jessica or Jeremy didn’t get a shirt. Then plaster it all over social media. It’s wrong IMO

Personally I’ve got great memories of running on the pitch at Eastville in ‘74 after Keith Fear made it 4-1 ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have to say Dan Bentleys tweet after Saturday's game when he said something like "this is what football is all about" when a child ran on the pitch to get his shirt, was completely irresponsible. 

I don't know what's going on with him, he's already got into trouble with Pearson and been dropped, and it's like he's spoiling for another fight with the club. 

City need to sort this out because, quite simply, it sends out a bad precedent. 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

What a load of moaning old farts on here , let the kids have their fun , years ago when we were small used to run on at the end for autographs . These players have to pay for the shirts given away £40 not going to hurt em their on £20k + a week , hardly hooligans are they 

So let’s say there’s 3k “kids” at a game. We saying that’s ok to disappoint 2,989 who can’t get a shirt now? 

Is it a winner takes all “race for the shirt?” once the whistle goes, or do we go in stand order? 

It’s a sign of society today where just because you want something, you’re entitled to it according to some. 

• Like 6

On Saturday there was something spontaneous about it and I just laughed.

Tonight parents were actively trying to get their kids on the pitch.

I think a couple of people tried to stop them but just got a face full for their efforts.

Edited by 054123

31 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

What a load of moaning old farts on here , let the kids have their fun , years ago when we were small used to run on at the end for autographs . These players have to pay for the shirts given away £40 not going to hurt em their on £20k + a week , hardly hooligans are they 

It’s embarrassing , nothing short of begging & Chavy . But it’s the I want something for nothing generation 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Let's hope so.

I think it’s a sensible approach by the club. No confrontations, no pictures of stewards manhandling 10 year olds, no risk of getting into trouble for encouraging (illegal) incursions. Just tell the players not to reward it and they’ll soon stop. And with a bit of luck, have a good bawl at their parents who told them they’d get a shirt if they ran on!

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

Saw one kid tonight with a knife!!! With all the problems in the world right now and everything needing addressing at the football club this is the worst!!! 

said kid also offered me drugs as he left the pitch shirtless.

just to clarify none of the above is true, everyone get a grip.

Edited by walsh left foot
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, italian dave said:

I didn’t see any of them get a shirt tonight. Maybe that’s the route the club are going down in order to stop it. 

Yes it seems so. The kids ran on but it looked like the players were telling them no and the stewards were swift to get the kids away from the players too.

Many less players than usual then came to clap the fans because of the stewards getting them away from the few kids , but I think that was down to the result as much as the kids. But saying that the players do tend to walk around the pitch whatever the result. As I said some did but the fact there were stewards discouraging kids near them didn’t help.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Yes it seems so. The kids ran on but it looked like the players were telling them no and the stewards were swift to get the kids away from the players too.

Many less players than usual then came to clap the fans because of the stewards getting them away from the few kids , but I think that was down to the result as much as the kids. But saying that the players do tend to walk around the pitch whatever the result. As I said some did but the fact there were stewards discouraging kids near them didn’t help.

So now this whole escapade has an effect on the players being able to come round and clap the fans…