IGNORED

Kids on the pitch

ohhhshauntaylor

19 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

I read somewhere leeds we’re banning the parents of children that run on the pitch 

thought the first kid that run on was quite sweet and a nice touch being given a shirt but it did set a president 

Leeds are banning the parents? Don’t tell this guy…

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

How about the one who ran to the already shirtless Bentley, and just wanted a hug, when he could have tried for another players shirt. Sweet.

You didn't see what happened next then? Bentley took him to Scotty who then was tasked to sorting the kid out with a shirt, or that's what it looked like to someone who told me.

What next dozens of kids running on the pitch after games? Parents encouraging it. We look so tinpot

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

But did you purposely set out that day, packing a pre written sign pleading for the shirt. Or was this just a beautiful goodwill gesture by the players? 

Yeah again I’d agree - @Davefevs it’s not even close to the same thing. What your example shows is the players spontaneously doing a very good thing for Joe and you. That’s a million miles away from someone running on the pitch and accosting Alex Scott. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RedM said:

You didn't see what happened next then? Bentley took him to Scotty who then was tasked to sorting the kid out with a shirt, or that's what it looked like to someone who told me.

What next dozens of kids running on the pitch after games? Parents encouraging it. We look so tinpot

He didn't get a shirt from Scott either - just another hug and then he walked with a steward back to wherever he came from. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Needs to stop. Seeing it more and more at other games too. 
Also, don’t know about anyone else, but I absolutely cringe when people take ‘please give me your shirt’ signs in!!! 

Absolutely this.

It’s beyond cringeworthy, it’s the parents that are worse. Absolute begs the lot of em.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah it’s awful!

5EF0D2F8-2407-4612-95E5-EBDEB169D647.jpeg

371F5C23-7EDA-476B-8CA6-87857A2DEAD2.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yeah again I’d agree - @Davefevs it’s not even close to the same thing. What your example shows is the players spontaneously doing a very good thing for Joe and you. That’s a million miles away from someone running on the pitch and accosting Alex Scott. 

Agree. It’s a big difference.

I’m talking about parents and kids waiting around with signs for ‘free merch’. 

7 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Looks like he did bag himself a shirt in the end... 

So young boy is "balling his eyes out" in front of a stranger, "taken down the tunnel" and his parents are nowhere to be seen, all for a football kit that'll be on ebay that evening. ******* grifters.

Should be ashamed. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1