IGNORED

Kids on the pitch

ohhhshauntaylor

On 20/02/2022 at 01:18, Davefevs said:

Martin Paterson walked over and said to Joe “you might as well have it, I’ve been shit in it!”.

Waggy I asked him, as he was always coming over to the Wheelchair area during the season, mainly to chat with Oskar, but it was the last game of the season. Joe got his home shirt, Oskar got his away shirt.

Waggy was such a lovely bloke, wasn’t he?

Real shame his career never really went anywhere after us, liked him a lot.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Have to say Dan Bentleys tweet after Saturday's game when he said something like "this is what football is all about" when a child ran on the pitch to get his shirt, was completely irresponsible. 

I don't know what's going on with him, he's already got into trouble with Pearson and been dropped, and it's like he's spoiling for another fight with the club. 

City need to sort this out because, quite simply, it sends out a bad precedent. 

Here’s that tweet - it’s still there - and I completely agree with you. Without a doubt Bentley has sent a message there that it’s OK for kids to run onto the pitch - and sure enough it happened in greater numbers last night.

My boy plays in goal, Bentley is one of his heroes, and he would love his shirt. But absolutely no way would I allow him to run onto the pitch, breaking the rules, and then beg for something he has no right to expect. End result: the entitled kid with the shitty parent cries and gets a shirt, my boy gets nothing. Needs to stop ASAP.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Here’s that tweet - it’s still there - and I completely agree with you. Without a doubt Bentley has sent a message there that it’s OK for kids to run onto the pitch - and sure enough it happened in greater numbers last night.

My boy plays in goal, Bentley is one of his heroes, and he would love his shirt. But absolutely no way would I allow him to run onto the pitch, breaking the rules, and then beg for something he has no right to expect. End result: the entitled kid with the shitty parent cries and gets a shirt, my boy gets nothing. Needs to stop ASAP.

each to there own, agree to disagree but lets not go down a route of slagging children's  parents off.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, big dosser said:

each to there own, agree to disagree but lets not go down a route of slagging children's  parents off.

Why not? They're the ones allowing their kids to encroach on the playing surface probably to appease their little angels (and to stop the tantrums when they dont get what they want). Control your kids, dont allow them to break the law. Or face the consequences like you or I would should we encroach. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’m quite happy to criticise parents who make bad decisions that create inequality between their entitled offspring and the rest of us doing the right thing.

would i let my kids or grandkids go on the pitch no.but if other people feel they would then fair play to them that's there choice but it does not make them bad parents for thinking its the right thing for there child.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Didn’t the club used to provide a shirt for kids when a season card was purchased, does this still happen or has it stopped?

Under 12s get free credit for a shirt so, yes.

Although even if they didn’t I’m not quite sure “they didn’t get a free shirt” would be a good reason to go and beg a player for one!

2 minutes ago, big dosser said:

would i let my kids or grandkids go on the pitch no.but if other people feel they would then fair play to them that's there choice but it does not make them bad parents for thinking its the right thing for there child.

Good grief. It’s not their choice. It’s literally not offered as a choice. It’s crap parenting that ends up creating entitled brats.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, big dosser said:

So If I thought that my child stealing clothes was right, I could send him into Asda to appropriate some clothing, this wouldn't make me a bad parent? 

Thought not... What a moronic statement. 

Edited by UREDS_91

21 minutes ago, big dosser said:

Why fair play? It clearly states PLEASE KEEP OFF THE PITCH! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UREDS_91 said:

So If I thought that my child stealing and sending him into Asda to appropriate some clothing was the correct thing to do, this wouldn't make me a bad parent? 

Thought not... What a moronic statement. 

not really no parent is perfect and what's stealing got to do with a young one asking for a shirt of his hero.oh and of course when the parents let there child run on the pitch i bet you and chippy red go and tell them off.i dont think so

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, big dosser said:

not really no parent is perfect and what's stealing got to do with a young one asking for a shirt of his hero.oh and of course when the parents let there child run on the pitch i bet you and chippy red go and tell them off.i dont think so

The point is, there are rules and laws. You can't allow your child to break those rules or laws otherwise what example are you setting? My child wouldn't run onto the pitch, as I respect the rules and wouldn't dream of letting them run onto the field of play especially to beg for a kit. 

Hence there would be no requirement to tell them off...

Edited by UREDS_91

2 minutes ago, UREDS_91 said:

Small print reads.

"Unless you think its ok for your child to break this rule, then that's your choice and its perfectly fine. You're a great parent regardless"

never claimed to be a great parent as im sure all parents have there ups and downs. Get things right and get things wrong. But im not going to call parents shitty as above just because i dont agree.

1 minute ago, big dosser said:

never claimed to be a great parent as im sure all parents have there ups and downs. Get things right and get things wrong. But im not going to call parents shitty as above just because i dont agree.

Your posts suggest you have missed the point. Pitch invasion is not allowed by non-playing humans. Parents should therefore not allow their kids to do it. 

5 minutes ago, UREDS_91 said:

The point is, there are rules and laws. You can't allow your child to break those rules or laws otherwise what example are you setting? My child wouldn't run onto the pitch, as I respect the rules and wouldn't dream of letting them run onto the field of play especially to beg for a kit. 

Hence there would be no requirement to tell them off...

as i said i would not let my grandkids go on the pitch but my point is one parent thinks if there child can get a shirt he would be so happy so they may think its a risk to take to see there child with a big smile,that does not make them shitty parents as above.

1 minute ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

Your posts suggest you have missed the point. Pitch invasion is not allowed by non-playing humans. Parents should therefore not allow their kids to do it. 

ted the point im trying to make is a parent is not bad for thinking they are doing the right thing for there child. Yes i know its wrong but i can also understand that a parent is hoping to make there child's day.