IGNORED

Kids on the pitch

ohhhshauntaylor

46 minutes ago, big dosser said:

each to there own, agree to disagree but lets not go down a route of slagging children's  parents off.

Don't say that. We should encourage posters to slag off the parents.

It makes me look like an Internet hard man, gives me a sense of moral authority and I get to assume that the parents have all failed 'the how to be a parent GCSE' because they have encouraged LAW BREAKING!

Without this fulfilling purpose in life, my existence is pointless.

Seriously though, it was a thing, don't see it lasting long until it's no longer a thing and then we can go back to the more important issues.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

The signs say ‘Please keep off the pitch’ so KEEP OFF THE PITCH!!! ….perfectly simple really isn’t it!! …:facepalm:

man u home crystal palace home Hartlepool home and the list gos on and on. Oh of course that's different as it is a celebration silly me even though the sign says keep of the pitch.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, big dosser said:

as i said i would not let my grandkids go on the pitch but my point is one parent thinks if there child can get a shirt he would be so happy so they may think its a risk to take to see there child with a big smile,that does not make them shitty parents as above.

My god. 

11 minutes ago, big dosser said:

man u home crystal palace home Hartlepool home and the list gos on and on. Oh of course that's different as it is a celebration silly me even though the sign says keep of the pitch.

I was at all of those games and never felt like going on the pitch , each to their own but KEEP OFF THE PITCH! …:laughcont:

13 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

So let’s say there’s 3k “kids” at a game. We saying that’s ok to disappoint 2,989 who can’t get a shirt now? 

Is it a winner takes all “race for the shirt?” once the whistle goes, or do we go in stand order? 

It’s a sign of society today where just because you want something, you’re entitled to it according to some. 

Look it’s a few kids  ,as a TEENAGER I can remember running on for memorabilia I got Forbes phillipson masters shirt and a joe jordon one I even asked joe for his false teeth , he smiled at me as much as to say HAVE A LOOK course front teeth missing :laugh:

its a bit of fun and if you’ve never entered into anything like that you’ve never lived 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Little 5h1ts. Keep off the pitch or face a ban, its a criminal offence isnt it? Just because they are kids why do they get a free pass to do this? Its an offence. Simple as that. 

66FFBFAC-64E6-432F-B0C9-FC2F6E457359.png

Christ, how old is that picture with those old logos on there!?

Kids should NOT be running onto the pitch at any time. Absolutely ridiculous behaviour. 

• Like 1

Rather than getting heavy handed - the club just need to make sure the players know that they must NOT give their shirt to any child who runs onto the pitch.

The PA announcers (or Downsy) need to remind fan that they mustn’t run onto the pitch as players will not be giving away their shirts to anyone who does!

Simples!!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Have to say Dan Bentleys tweet after Saturday's game when he said something like "this is what football is all about" when a child ran on the pitch to get his shirt, was completely irresponsible. 

I don't know what's going on with him, he's already got into trouble with Pearson and been dropped, and it's like he's spoiling for another fight with the club. 

City need to sort this out because, quite simply, it sends out a bad precedent. 

Jeez. Relax. It IS what footballs all about.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Bigger picture...you let these little 'herberts' keep running on the pitch now, they will think its even more fun in 10 years time when they're beered or coked up. Keep off the pitch means Everyone not just those over a certain age.

Based on what exactly?

There were people there last night actively putting little kids who honestly wouldn’t have had a clue what was going on, onto the pitch.

Thats ridiculous.

Yes, it is completely different to celebrating promotion or a last minute winner in a quarter final.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

Rather than getting heavy handed - the club just need to make sure the players know that they must NOT give their shirt to any child who runs onto the pitch.

The PA announcers (or Downsy) need to remind fan that they mustn’t run onto the pitch as players will not be giving away their shirts to anyone who does!

Simples!!

Agreed, as I stated before, fine the parents,

6 hours ago, big dosser said:

ted the point im trying to make is a parent is not bad for thinking they are doing the right thing for there child. Yes i know its wrong but i can also understand that a parent is hoping to make there child's day.

If it's not bad parenting to let your kid do something you know is wrong or to actively encourage them to do something you know is wrong then I what is? What happened to discipline, morals, pride, setting good examples. If we just want to keep kids happy then this certainly isn't the football club to support! I mean if it makes a kids day to have a chocolate bar should they go in every shop and beg or cry until someone gives them one?

Going on the pitch is fun for some I get that but in celebration of something certainly not just after losing 1-2 at home to a last minute goal. End of season, man U, whatever isn't premeditated, there's no way those kids going on the pitch is a spur of the moment thing - those parents have been telling there kids since the weekend that's how to get a footballers shirt.

• Like 5

There were quite a lot of boos aimed at the kids when they ran on last night, and again when the got back to their stands. Hopefully the parents will not want their kiddies booed and won’t encourage them in the future.

As I said before, if they wantva shirt then wait after the games when you can. Get to know the players no matter the result. Build up relationships and then politely ask for one at the end of the season, but expect to be disappointed as lots of people will be after the same thing.