IGNORED

Nottingham Forest away match day thread

Jerseybean

8 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

What I find weird Is that in 50% of the matches City look like a good team that’s developing, but in the other 50% City look like a team heading for relegation. I know young players can be inconsistent, but City has a few very experienced players who can’t play well for two matches in a row. 

Great concise post....summed up perfectly.

13 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Guessing he just meant he doesn’t know if it’s a good thing as the players might not improve for it.  We are so up and down it’s impossible to say how we will play next weekend.  I don’t think it was too weird an interview but I do think Pearson is to blame a lot more than I expect most fans will be thinking.  That formation is not one to get anything away to Forest 

For me it’s about next season. We were never going up this season, indeed most thought we’d be embroiled in a relegation battle.

If we’re seeing the same pattern as now in October then something isn’t right.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

As always.........feel sorry for our away followers, who spent their hard earned to support us?  They probably  made more of an effort getting there and back, than our motley team did on the pitch?   Although it is great to see what an enormous difference NP is beginning to make, shortly after his one year anniversary has passed?  ?

I assume there was a touch of sarcasm in that post.

1 hour ago, Banjo Red said:

Apart from Bents and Klose the rest are very underwhelming kalas I think could be sold to free up the wages very average. Pring great player question marks over his fitness levels cant last 90 mins before today. Dasilva great as of late but his size worries me that he gets targeted during games would prefer a taller fullback.

Cundy looked very assured as I said earlier can't be any worse than what we have already.

As others have said, Cundy was only real positive for me today. Good if he can get a run now to see if he can earn contract. Kalas out for a few games?

1 minute ago, pillred said:

I assume there was a touch of sarcasm in that post.

Tongue firmly in cheek.   I am personally on the fence with regard to NP ( I will NEVER call him Nige...)  I think we should have given him a shorter contract, instead of 3 years, another SL mistake IMHO.   He has brought through young players, but mainly due to necessity, not planning?              He has been unlucky with injuries (But there are plenty of other clubs similarly penalised)  My main issues, are his recruitment over the summer and his complete inability to organise a defensive unit?..............Sorry I will shut up now.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

What I find weird Is that in 50% of the matches City look like a good team that’s developing, but in the other 50% City look like a team heading for relegation. I know young players can be inconsistent, but City has a few very experienced players who can’t play well for two matches in a row. 

Totally agree, you never know which City you are going to get.

Sounds like Pearson is now realising that. He has got to find a way of getting some consistancy and instilling some belief as it seems as soon as we conceed we throw in the towel. Too many times we have gone a goal or two up and the opposition, whoever they are, play on and get a point or even all three. We just don't do that. It's up to Pearson to find out why not.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Thought it was a really soft one personally, looked worse with the theatrics. 

Did Pearson really say he wanted Pring to show more aggression? He was on a yellow as you say from the 9th minute. One foot out of place, literally, and the Ref might have sent him off. What then, a slamming from Pearson for being irresponsible? 

I thought it was a soft booking, not criticising Cam at all. 1st rule of defending, let your man know you’re there and remind him that the rest of the afternoon is going to be like that.

Half the problem is that the current batch of referees are trying their damnedest to make football a non-contact sport, today’s Paul Weller wannabe was one of those

• Like 1

Just back from the match and a good catch up and pints and a meal with a Forest fan.  Darren Fletcher was on the next table, apparently, I had no idea.

Their thoughts were -

1.  Having Pring marking both Djed Spence and Brennan Johnson for large parts of the game on his own was an interesting tactical choice - didn't really work in his view 

2.  City looked like they were on their summer break already

3.  Cundy did a great job on Davis.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

1st half and 2nd half resembled each other.  Flat performance today.

Big week for the Sports Science….rest and recuperate the order of the day.

Thought Robbie Cundy did really well.  As did Klose and Bentley.

Ref was a effing disgrace…again.  Nothing really bad, just a complete “homer”.  Embarrassing officiated.  My work mate was linesman (near side / camera), he gave us nothing either.  Klose’s yellow at the end shows complete ineptitude by the ref.  Boils my piss.  Didn’t affect the result, but still, this can’t go on.

I said exactly the same after the game Dave. The one positive was seeing Cundy play a full 45 mins (first time?) and doing so well. I’ve had my doubts about him from the few cameos so far, but he looked good today. The only other positive was not conceding in injury time.

Ref was shockingly inconsistent, yes.

Scott takes out one of their players after that player has made a pass - stops him going for the return pass), ref plays advantage then when the play next stops books Scott. No more than 5 mins later, Forest player takes out a City player in exactly the same way, play continues, when it next stops ref calls the Forest player over and speaks to him. No card. 

Physical contact and challenges allowed throughout, with some leniency, except when it comes to Semenyo, who’s penalised every time he comes into contact with a red shirt. So frustrating. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Positives Cundy did well. James got a few minutes. Bentley excellent. 

Negatives pretty much everything else! Particularly the final ball and Pring being made to look like a cart horse. 

I’m not even sure we got into a position to play many final balls - it was that bad, wasn’t it. A complete waste of a day.

• Robin 1

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I said exactly the same after the game Dave. The one positive was seeing Cundy play a full 45 mins (first time?) and doing so well. I’ve had my doubts about him from the few cameos so far, but he looked good today. The only other positive was not conceding in injury time.

Ref was shockingly inconsistent, yes.

Scott takes out one of their players after that player has made a pass - stops him going for the return pass), ref plays advantage then when the play next stops books Scott. No more than 5 mins later, Forest player takes out a City player in exactly the same way, play continues, when it next stops ref calls the Forest player over and speaks to him. No card. 

Physical contact and challenges allowed throughout, with some leniency, except when it comes to Semenyo, who’s penalised every time he comes into contact with a red shirt. So frustrating. 

I think the reason he booked Scott and not Colback (I think it was him) was because he’d already warned Scott once for the same offence and he hadn’t warned Colback. It was actually a consistent piece of refereeing. 
On another day, Bond’s constant whistle for our minor misdemeanours would have got me going but we were so bad, it was hard to complain about the ref.

31 minutes ago, RedM said:

Did Pearson really say he wanted Pring to show more aggression? He was on a yellow as you say from the 9th minute. One foot out of place, literally, and the Ref might have sent him off. What then, a slamming from Pearson for being irresponsible? 

Know what you mean, but there’s a difference between controlled aggression and being reckless. Pring really did seem out of sorts today.

I listened to the Radio Nottingham after match inquest on the way home and they replayed the commentary leading up to the first goal. Something like, ‘And Spence skips past the defender, Pring, who strangely seems to have just stopped and given up’. 

• Like 1

Just now, firstdivision said:

I think the reason he booked Scott and not Colback (I think it was him) was because he’d already warned Scott once for the same offence and he hadn’t warned Colback. It was actually a consistent piece of refereeing. 
On another day, Bond’s constant whistle for our minor misdemeanours would have got me going but we were so bad, it was hard to complain about the ref.

Didn’t see the first warning for Scott - I probably had my head in my hands as that was the case for much of the game today! 

Oh, I agree, it didn’t change the outcome of the game in the slightest. 

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Tongue firmly in cheek.   I am personally on the fence with regard to NP ( I will NEVER call him Nige...)  I think we should have given him a shorter contract, instead of 3 years, another SL mistake IMHO.   He has brought through young players, but mainly due to necessity, not planning?              He has been unlucky with injuries (But there are plenty of other clubs similarly penalised)  My main issues, are his recruitment over the summer and his complete inability to organise a defensive unit?..............Sorry I will shut up now.

very well put sir 

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Think he meant aggressive as in impose himself on Spence not the other way around.