IGNORED

Nottingham Forest away match day thread

Jerseybean

After some promising performances recently, that was rubbish. Too many off days, and from some good pass and move football early on, we managed to fall back to early season form.
Kalas was poor, Williams was poor but I'm happy to give him a free pass. Everyone else ineffective, even Scott had his least impact in a game, delivery was poor and his head seemed to drop after a blocking from Weimann. 
Bentley was the only one that was any good. Good saves , quick off of his line.
A mention for Cundy, who in his cameo looked solid. Which may be just as well as he may be needed to start if Kalas's injury is anything.

I was disappointed that we didn't swap Martin out earlier. In a game of passing and movement, we could have done with Wells's mobility earlier. Even get James on and push Weimann up. 

Another bad day. 2nd best nearly everywhere, again the Ref fell for anyone falling over near a challenge, no wonder Semenyo lost it for a second

13 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Just one shot on goal in the second half. Weimann ballooned over from Scott's FK on 90.

A game to instantly forget. Midfield dominated. Poor in possession and few chances created.

Bentley kept the score down with some excellent saves and Cundy impressed in the second half, snuffing out Keenan Davis.

I actually thought we started ok. Passing and movement was good, I even thought how different we looked from a couple of months ago. We faded so quickly and lost shape . The change of shape seemed to work against us, can understand it with Pring on a Hello though. Scott waisted at WB, Williams didn't seem sure of his role and Massengo looked lost.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Absolute garbage. I can't defend that. 

We can't defend anything

• Like 1

As always.........feel sorry for our away followers, who spent their hard earned to support us?  They probably  made more of an effort getting there and back, than our motley team did on the pitch?   Although it is great to see what an enormous difference NP is beginning to make, shortly after his one year anniversary has passed?  ?

Edited by maxjak

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

As always.........feel sorry for our away followers, who spent their hard earned to support us?  They probably  made more of an effort getting there and back, than our motley team did on the pitch?   Although it is great to see what an enormous difference NP is beginning to make, shortly after his one year anniversary has passed?  ?

Win, lose or draw it's always pretty boyant on the coach journey home. But today it just feels flat. No away win since Peterborough in Oct is demoralising. We have seen some good performances, eg Preston but some awful ones too and today is right up there.

We can take the losses, but to be outclassed in all areas (except goalkeeping maybe as we didn't test theirs enough to judge) is hard to take.

We had a good away following but were as quiet as I've seen us for large periods of the game. We had nothing on the pitch to cheer and we couldn't lift the players when we did. When Forest were loud, they were loud.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Just one shot on goal in the second half. Weimann ballooned over from Scott's FK on 90.

A game to instantly forget. Midfield dominated. Poor in possession and few chances created.

Bentley kept the score down with some excellent saves and Cundy impressed in the second half, snuffing out Keenan Davis.

Exactly this …a game to instantly forget! 

1st half and 2nd half resembled each other.  Flat performance today.

Big week for the Sports Science….rest and recuperate the order of the day.

Thought Robbie Cundy did really well.  As did Klose and Bentley.

Ref was a effing disgrace…again.  Nothing really bad, just a complete “homer”.  Embarrassing officiated.  My work mate was linesman (near side / camera), he gave us nothing either.  Klose’s yellow at the end shows complete ineptitude by the ref.  Boils my piss.  Didn’t affect the result, but still, this can’t go on.

• Like 3

Apart from Bents and Klose the rest are very underwhelming kalas I think could be sold to free up the wages very average. Pring great player question marks over his fitness levels cant last 90 mins before today. Dasilva great as of late but his size worries me that he gets targeted during games would prefer a taller fullback.

Cundy looked very assured as I said earlier can't be any worse than what we have already.

Edited by Banjo Red
Edit
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

1st half and 2nd half resembled each other.  Flat performance today.

Big week for the Sports Science….rest and recuperate the order of the day.

Thought Robbie Cundy did really well.  As did Klose and Bentley.

Ref was a effing disgrace…again.  Nothing really bad, just a complete “homer”.  Embarrassing officiated.  My work mate was linesman (near side / camera), he gave us nothing either.  Klose’s yellow at the end shows complete ineptitude by the ref.  Boils my piss.  Didn’t affect the result, but still, this can’t go on.

Does seem bizarre that Pring gets booked for 1st foul of the match but several repeat offenders for Forest just get a talking to!

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Really weird presser from Nige

Seemed spot on to me

cant carry players, sluggish in midfield, had opportunities to do better in final third but it didn’t happen, passing was well off today,  today was more about us looking inexperienced, Pring needs to be more aggressive, Cundy did okay,  Wells was frustrated due to lack of fluidity but looked bright, quality into forwards wasn’t great, Kalas couldn’t carry on

whats weird ?

Edited by And Its Smith
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Seemed spot on to me

cant carry players, sluggish in midfield, had opportunities to do better in final third but it didn’t happen, passing was well off today,  today was more about us looking experienced, Pring needs to be more aggressive, Cundy did okay,  Wells was frustrated due to lack of fluidity but looked bright, quality into forwards wasn’t great, Kalas couldn’t carry on

whats weird ?

Pretty spot on imho too.

10 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Seemed spot on to me

cant carry players, sluggish in midfield, had opportunities to do better in final third but it didn’t happen, passing was well off today,  today was more about us looking inexperienced, Pring needs to be more aggressive, Cundy did okay,  Wells was frustrated due to lack of fluidity but looked bright, quality into forwards wasn’t great, Kalas couldn’t carry on

whats weird ?

Ending was weird when asked if having no midweek game and more time to work with the players was a good thing he just went “pffftttt….we’ll see next week, dunno”. Odd reaction imo

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Ending was weird when asked if having no midweek game and more time to work with the players was a good thing he just went “pffftttt….we’ll see next week, dunno”. Odd reaction imo

Guessing he just meant he doesn’t know if it’s a good thing as the players might not improve for it.  We are so up and down it’s impossible to say how we will play next weekend.  I don’t think it was too weird an interview but I do think Pearson is to blame a lot more than I expect most fans will be thinking.  That formation is not one to get anything away to Forest 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What I find weird Is that in 50% of the matches City look like a good team that’s developing, but in the other 50% City look like a team heading for relegation. I know young players can be inconsistent, but City has a few very experienced players who can’t play well for two matches in a row. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

What I find weird Is that in 50% of the matches City look like a good team that’s developing, but in the other 50% City look like a team heading for relegation. I know young players can be inconsistent, but City has a few very experienced players who can’t play well for two matches in a row. 

Yep, Kalas for example had a woeful second half…before going off.