IGNORED

Nottingham Forest away match day thread

Jerseybean

I don't understand why when we have the ball with our back three that we only have Williams offering a central pass, it means the second he gets it he's got two men closing him down and we're forced to go back and then wide meaning they keep their shape in tact. We need to offer more in the middle as they're forcing us out wide and then doubling up on us.

If Williams is coming to offer then we need another midfielder to do the same to stop the doubling up on our passing receivers as at the moment Forest have time on the ball and we have next to none.

aaaaand as I'm typing that they calmly pass all the way down the pitch with next to no pressure and score.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

One thing I will say is that Forest have set up perfectly to nullify us and we don't have a plan B at all. This isn't just a players issue, it's how we've set up and how we have no variety in our game plan when we are struggling.

We don't have a plan B, ooh! I wonder who that might be down to. I'm sorry but how much latitude are we giving Pearson especially as all the players that are currently being touted as our salvation were already at the club before he joined and will probably not be here for much longer.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, pillred said:

We don't have a plan B, ooh! I wonder who that might be down to. I'm sorry but how much latitude are we giving Pearson especially as all the players that are currently being touted as our salvation were already at the club before he joined and will probably not be here for much longer.

Standard post when we are losing, you don’t like the manager. Yawn

1 minute ago, DaveF said:

Yes one poor performance must mean its all out the window.

The melts are out in force today

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, pillred said:

Makes you wonder why we didn't go down that route as well or are we that financially screwed?

I think that we have had more headroom to this season anyway than Nottingham Forest and a range of sides who have spent more.

However we seem to be starting the heavy lifting now, a range of sides including Nottingham Forest are probably gambling more...although they talk of Brennan Johnson as a £15-20m player and if they stay down they maybe can sell him. Academy product= pure profit which would probably resolve any issues..

• Like 1