IGNORED

Bit of luck with the Penalty.

Waconda

14 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Didn't see it at the time but Klose was almost stood next to Dack when he hit it.

Really should have been retaken.

Already mentioned in another thread.

I just saw the highlights on Sky Sports. Klose was very fortunate that none of the officials saw it………..:cool2:

7 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Yes , ....it hasn’t been mentioned anywhere else 

Still ! Worthy of a whole new thread ..

The fact that it shouldn’t have been given in the first place has nothing to do with it mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Hats off to the Blackburn player for passing the ball to Bentley. He must have recognised that the penalty shouldn’t have been given and he did the gentlemanly thing. 
Who said football is full of divers and cheats????!!!!! 

Literally just watching the highlights now - never a penalty, but the Wiemann one afterwards should have been. So swings and roundabouts.

Also.....

Dack shoots and fires a blank. 

:mellow:

Edited by Taz
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Taz said:

Literally just watching the highlights now - never a penalty, but the Wiemann one afterwards should have been. So swings and roundabouts.

I thought he ran into Weimann if anything.

Also.....

Dack shoots and fires a blank.

normally he shoots in the corner doesn’t he? ???

:mellow:

⬆️⬆️⬆️

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Didn't see it at the time but Klose was almost stood next to Dack when he hit it.

Really should have been retaken.

And we really should have had a penalty for 2-0 when Scott was kicked fourteen yards up in the air against QPR............but we didn't and we lost 2-1. Pring was cleaned out at Preston in injury time when we were leading 2-1 and they broke up the field and scored - did anyone take that into account when they were lambasting Nige that evening?

Were we lucky on that incident yesterday? Too right. Given a number of decisions we have suffered this season do many give a ****? No.

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

Potentially a bit of fortune yes. I think if they score we probably lose. Although as far as penalties go it was soft!

However, given what we have seen this season, the QPR home game most notably and just one penalty awarded from 1st November 2020 to present in the League, ******* hell a positive break is long overdue!!

Although Preston away mentioned, Pring could also have been a bit smarter, perhaps even booting it out of play might have let us regroup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Wasn’t a penalty anyway. And if it was, we should’ve had a few more than our measly 1 this season!

I’ve detailed 5 others previously that were nailed on;

Scott at home to QPR & Forest, Coventry when the keeper takes out Martin, Dasilva at Fulham & of the 2 shouts at Preston on Semenyo you would definitely expect to get one.

Also worth pointing out the 8 given against us is 3 more than anyone else in the division & several (ironically especially the 2 missed, yesterday & Huddersfield were particularly dubious).

People can keep blindly saying it all evens itself out but it doesn’t.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Potentially a bit of fortune yes. I think if they score we probably lose. Although as far as penalties go it was soft!

However, given what we have seen this season, the QPR home game most notably and just one penalty awarded from 1st November 2020 to present in the League, ******* hell a positive break is long overdue!!

Although Preston away mentioned, Pring could also have been a bit smarter, perhaps even booting it out of play might have let us regroup.

Agree Pring could have been smarter but a foul is a foul. The laws don’t say “if the player is being a bit of a cock and gets fouled the offence is null and void”!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trickytimes said:

I thought the law had been amended so that encroachment is only deemed to have occurred if the player has a direct effect on the outcome. For example preventing the penalty taker from getting to a rebound of a save.

I think you must be right. Other than penalty shoot outs you never see a penalty anymore where encroachment into the penalty area doesn't occur. 

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Scott at home to QPR & Forest, Coventry when the keeper takes out Martin, Dasilva at Fulham & of the 2 shouts at Preston on Semenyo you would definitely expect to get one.

Also worth pointing out the 8 given against us is 3 more than anyone else in the division & several (ironically especially the 2 missed, yesterday & Huddersfield were particularly dubious).

Nothing evens itself out in football, I agree. Completely unscientific, tendentious, cliched nonsense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I forget the game now, but there was also a blatant foul on O’Dowda that wasn’t given.

5 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Fair play to your devotion of finding negatives even after a win . ✊??

Fair play to you for finding some sad bitterness in your day and whilst not even sat in your office cubicle either.

Mum told you to tidy your room ?

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

While I do agree with your overall point, I would say that neither the refs forum discussion that @Cowshed posted or Murray/Quest thought our penalty claims at Preston were especially strong. Think Murray even suggested Semenyo went down easy!

You are right it is 8! I must have missed one, was keeping count earlier in the season and assumed it was 7- checked again and was 8 as you say.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

10 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Agree Pring could have been smarter but a foul is a foul. The laws don’t say “if the player is being a bit of a cock and gets fouled the offence is null and void”!!

How often do you see those given though? Would be interested to see if the refs forum had a view on Pring, there was some discussion posted after the Preston game.