IGNORED

Season Tickets 2022/23 (12,000 sold as at 10th May)

phantom

13 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Not complaining in any way but I find it interesting that “Seniors” get a discount as in many (not all) cases, this demographic will have much more disposable income than many others. 
Given you cannot discriminate based on age, I wonder what the logic is to give them lower prices. 

Now that opens up a whole new can of worms.

Edited by The Horse With No Name

4 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Not complaining in any way but I find it interesting that “Seniors” get a discount as in many (not all) cases, this demographic will have much more disposable income than many others. 
Given you cannot discriminate based on age, I wonder what the logic is to give them lower prices. 

Yes, that’s an interesting point. I’ve noticed senior discounts at places are slowly disappearing and will likely be gone, probably a month before, I qualify.

And for a good number of pensioners it’s true, they’re loaded. However, it would be important to the many that aren’t wealthy pensioners that they can still afford to go. Not sure how they’d do that. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Not really,my 65+season ticket is increased next season, last season I paid £305 ,it was £302 but I had to pay an extra £3 admin cost, and I paid for my tkt in full, so no  it's not  a lower price,

5 minutes ago, Red-Al said:

Given you cannot discriminate based on age, I wonder what the logic is to give them lower prices

Because they have suffered for so much longer than young whippersnappers like yourself , it's like airmiles. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

8 hours ago, TBW said:

I mean... you can probably work it out. Disabled Pensioner is just 65+.

If you need a wheelchair/carer spot that's another story and you should've stated that more clearly.

bcfc_seasontickets_pricingtable_webstory

But they usually quote disabled prices evey year nothing this year can only surmise its 375 ? As i said after waiting on phone for half an hour the guy was a out as much help as a chocolate teapot .

Just now, RobintheRed Red said:

But they usually quote disabled prices evey year nothing this year can only surmise its 375 ? As i said after waiting on phone for half an hour the guy was ab out as much help as a chocolate teapot .

2 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Bloody hell, who’s your supplier? Something isn’t right there my friend!! Unless your heating is on 24/7 and you have no roof! 

BGas for gas- Eon for electricity. I live in the East of England. Current prediction for year is over £3k each and this doesn’t take into account further likely rises in October. I think you may be surprised how much yours will actually be by years end. Eon incidentally now bill monthly ( as I refuse to give a DD)- you have 7 days to pay, then excess charges apply! Again, I think many of us don’t yet appreciate how bad this is going to get. Think your 2020 totals x 5 and you won’t be far off.

52 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

If you are going to use that argument then you would have to enforce it at the other end of the age scale as well so no more £55 season tickets and free shirts or reductions for Under 19's (who's parents probably pay for their tickets in any case). Surely reductions are all about goodwill and encouraging certain demographics of society to attend games and retain an interest in attending games. Bit of a sweeping statement to suggest 'seniors' have more disposable income than many others. Have seniors not earned the right to have more disposable income after 50 odd years of their working lives, a majority of which they were paying up to 15% interest on their mortgage payments each month. Rant over.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

If you are going to use that argument then you would have to enforce it at the other end of the age scale as well so no more £55 season tickets and free shirts or reductions for Under 19's (who's parents probably pay for their tickets in any case). Surely reductions are all about goodwill and encouraging certain demographics of society to attend games and retain an interest in attending games. Bit of a sweeping statement to suggest 'seniors' have more disposable income than many others. Have seniors not earned the right to have more disposable income after 50 odd years of their working lives, a majority of which they were paying up to 15% interest on their mortgage payments each month. Rant over.

My point was more about differentiation based on age really in response to a previous post saying discounts were no longer applicable to less abled supporters. As mentioned I have no complaint with seniors getting a discount - I’ll look forward to mine in about 20 years time!

I also said not all of them have more spare cash but the mortgage / interest point won’t wash with a lot of people as their houses probably cost a fraction in real terms vs todays property prices

17 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Can. Of. Worms.

Firstly, it’s widely acknowledged that the  “boomer” generation were the ones who benefitted the most from things like house price growth - notwithstanding the interest rates. Retirement/State pension age has also increased, and there is a real argument that those born post war got a far better long term deal than generations that came since. It won’t apply to everyone, but as a demographic, boomers benefitted far more than gen X or Z.

However, I still wouldn’t equalise prices - because I do think, even with advantages, we still need to subsidise and look after the elderly for the whole, which includes some who have no pension to speak of. 
(and, cynically, equalising now penalises post boomers as opposed to those with the advantage).

However, the logic of having to equalise minors prices is, frankly, bollocks. If I took my two along it would cost me £1650 if prices were equalised. Never happening, you lose the kids as fans and the club dies. OAP tickets are one ticket, not funding others, paid from a persons own income stream. Kids tickets aren’t.

I don’t back OAP tickets being the same price as standard adults, but your “rant” is sorely misguided.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

BGas for gas- Eon for electricity. I live in the East of England. Current prediction for year is over £3k each and this doesn’t take into account further likely rises in October. I think you may be surprised how much yours will actually be by years end. Eon incidentally now bill monthly ( as I refuse to give a DD)- you have 7 days to pay, then excess charges apply! Again, I think many of us don’t yet appreciate how bad this is going to get. Think your 2020 totals x 5 and you won’t be far off.

Paying by DD you get a cheaper tariff, also split suppliers is also likely to cost you more.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RobintheRed Red said:

But they usually quote disabled prices evey year nothing this year can only surmise its 375 ? As i said after waiting on phone for half an hour the guy was a out as much help as a chocolate teapot .

There are no disabled prices.

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Have seniors not earned the right to have more disposable income after 50 odd years of their working lives

No.

1 hour ago, Bernard Lerring said:

Hi,

2 season ticket questions:

Is it possible to change the name on a season ticket part of the way through the season?

Can 2 season ticket holders choose to swap the seats which they have been assigned?

Thanks in advance 

Tried a few years back and was told no. Maybe changed but I doubt it.

Edited by TBW
  • Thanks 1

On 30/03/2022 at 09:46, And Its Smith said:

About a 2% increase when inflation is well over that. Anyone moaning doesn’t live in the real world. Everything is going up including the cost of running Bristol City

I live in the real world and the expense of a season ticket is somthing I plan to drop due to the massive increase in heating and food and the fact wages have been frozen for 5 years now

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I live in the real world and the expense of a season ticket is somthing I plan to drop due to the massive increase in heating and food and the fact wages have been frozen for 5 years now

Absolutely. I know a fair few who will do the same. I wonder what the clubs estimates are on season ticket sales. Wouldn’t be surprised if they were 10-15% down on last year 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Absolutely. I know a fair few who will do the same. I wonder what the clubs estimates are on season ticket sales. Wouldn’t be surprised if they were 10-15% down on last year 

Around 10k i reckon.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I have heard of a fair few who can afford to go but simply aren't renewing due to the quality of football they are seeing at the moment and a lack of faith in it changing.

These aren't fair weather fans, or friends of mine but colleagues of relatives who have no reason to not say how they feel. They have really had enough and once one mate drops out others tend to follow as it becomes less of a social putting as much as the football. 

One of these people knows a business with a box and the company is thinking about not renewing as they have to cut costs too.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, RedM said:

I have heard of a fair few who can afford to go but simply aren't renewing due to the quality of football they are seeing at the moment and a lack of faith in it changing.

These aren't fair weather fans, or friends of mine but colleagues of relatives who have no reason to not say how they feel. They have really had enough and once one mate drops out others tend to follow as it becomes less of a social putting as much as the football. 

One of these people knows a business with a box and the company is thinking about not renewing as they have to cut costs too.

I'm in this bucket. I can afford it just don't really want it anymore.

Will follow from the sofa and go to the odd away game/cup tie. My wife and FIL will renew whatever the cost, they're in for life. 

Really undecided at the present. Haven't come away from AG after a game with a spring in my step for years. I know that can change in an instant but its the hope that kills. I'm getting on a bit now and don't want to stop doing things that I won't restart. That makes it sound like a habit, which it is. But it's a habit I used to enjoy and look forward to and I just don't anymore. Can somebody give me some encouragement please????

18 minutes ago, marmite said:

Really undecided at the present. Haven't come away from AG after a game with a spring in my step for years. I know that can change in an instant but its the hope that kills. I'm getting on a bit now and don't want to stop doing things that I won't restart. That makes it sound like a habit, which it is. But it's a habit I used to enjoy and look forward to and I just don't anymore. Can somebody give me some encouragement please????

The world's your lobster.

Go for it!

In regards to the seniors getting a discount, I know a lot have a good disposable income but, there are also many that survive on a pension alone. Even with private pensions topping up some, there are still many on reduced income compared to those working. If prices were kept the same across the board, many long term supporters would be denied the access to attend games. Leaving only those that are working and well paid and those retired and well catered for financially. Personally I only receive £177 per week, as my only income. I do get a free bus pass though. So without discount, I won't be able to attend.

This is probably a long term aim of the owners, to attract a support base from the more well off sections of Bristol's community.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

According to the letter we got sent in the post from the club, we currently have 13000 season card holders and expect this number to increase!

• Hmmm 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

If these are advanced prices how much do they jump by on June 1st and how the **** are we going to encourage new supporters at even further increased prices?

In the past the club has conveniently extended this early price into the summer more

Personally don't expect to see a jump until right up to the season starting

49 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

According to the letter we got sent in the post from the club, we currently have 13000 season card holders and expect this number to increase!

Blind optimism or sales speak?

Think I will wait to see the fixtures and see how many Saturday games we will have etc

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, phantom said:

In the past the club has conveniently extended this early price into the summer more

Personally don't expect to see a jump until right up to the season starting

Blind optimism or sales speak?

Think I will wait to see the fixtures and see how many Saturday games we will have etc

A bit of both I expect. I must say, despite having a few digs the last few days, I’m always surprised just how many SC they sell, quite a few years it’s been more than I expected.

Having said that, the actual attendance at the last game was very poor, empty seats everywhere. So it would be good to get some good performances and/or contract extensions in the next month or so. 

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

@Super guessed 10k, which would be disaster.  I am going to guess 11k which is about a 15% drop.

11k would be bad as well.  I cannot for the life of me honestly believe that the club think they will increase on 13k.  Its pretty much impossible.  

Even when typing this out I think maybe Super is closer than me!  It must just be positive spin when they say it will increase. 

Edited by And Its Smith
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

@Super guessed 10k, which would be disaster.  I am going to guess 11k which is about a 15% drop.

11k would be bad as well.  I cannot for the life of me honestly believe that the club think they will increase on 13k.  Its pretty much impossible.  

Even when typing this out I think maybe Super is closer than me!  It must just be positive spin when they say it will increase. 

What would be really interesting to see is a breakdown of season card holders in each section of the pic below:

7325B70F-AF2D-4707-BAB8-2D8256CB7B18.jpeg.8d48fcbee8ff838aff66f5051840e5f7.jpeg

if we take 19/20, we sold circa 13k and revenue was £3.622m, so average price is £278 per SC.

I guess we can’t go on just how many sold, has to be a combo of that, plus where they’re sold, and how much revenue it brings in.

My view is that I’d rather generate £3.622m from 18k rather than 13k, because footfall means we see more spend elsewhere, but I’m not the bean counter here.

• Like 1