IGNORED

Old firm derby

Slippin cider

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He played as the focal point in his first season for the opening set of games when Diedhiou was suspended and scored 5 in 5 iirc.  Had Pato off of him first few then Taylor for a couple.

I think Weimann is best playing central, whether that’s as the main striker, a secondary striker, a no10 or an “eight”.  He’s been less effective playing wide in the main.  JonDolman (who seems to have left OTIB - hope you’re ok Jon is you’re having a peek? Would agree with me.

As do I.

Him and Semenyo would be my front two (when possible obviously)

I would like to ask Pearson whether had he had Semenyo available all season whether he’d have persisted with a 442(ish) system.  I would use these last 6 games to go back to a back 4.  I think we have enough options in midfield with Williams (fit for Saturday?) and James back, supported by Massengo and Scott to revert.

Although we got men behind the ball on Saturday, we still had the issue of Solanke occupying 3 CBs (my big bug bear), and then runners not being tracked off the back of the midfielders.

I think we would have defended the pitch better with 2 banks of 4:

Dasilva / Klose / Atkinson / Pring

Weimann / James / Massengo / Scott

than

Cundy / Klose / Atkinson

Dasilva                                             Pring

Weimann / James / Scott with Wells helping out

It meant Weimann dropping out of his no10 position to defend RM3, and meant a big change in shape as we tried to transition.

55 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If only we’d taken Roofe from Oxford rather than O’Dowda ?

I remember suggesting that several years ago.

I can’t remember precisely when, but it was around the time he played exceptionally well and scored an absolutely cracking goal against our blue friends north of the river.

52 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

JonDolman (who seems to have left OTIB - hope you’re ok Jon is you’re having a peek? Would agree with me.

Not only Jon Dolman, but also @Nogbad the Bad.

I hope you are both OK.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

37 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I remember suggesting that several years ago.

I can’t remember precisely when, but it was around the time he played exceptionally well and scored an absolutely cracking goal against our blue friends north of the river.

I hope you are both OK.

Re Roofe…just the profile I like.  At a big club (West Brom), couple of loans, started to build his game back up at Oxford…shows good character in a lot of cases.

Likewise to Nogger too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I hope you are both OK.

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Likewise to Nogger too.

Thanks for your thoughts chaps, I'm OK, just been taking a (longer than expected) break from OTIB.

Hope you are both well, and Jon Dolman too.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, 54-46 said:

Genuine, non-loaded question. What’s the rationale to your affinity with Celtic?

Same question to anyone who has Rangers as a second team

I know quite a few people support their main club and one of the Glasgow teams but I’ve never understood why

Always a City fan first and foremost. I have an "allegiance" with a couple of other clubs purely based on how I've been treated as an individual at those clubs. For this reason Dunfermline is my favourite club in Scotland. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Always a City fan first and foremost. I have an "allegiance" with a couple of other clubs purely based on how I've been treated as an individual at those clubs. For this reason Dunfermline is my favourite club in Scotland. 

Good to hear that @Sweeneys Penalties. My home town team Dunfermline went to my first game there when I was 5. I have lived around Bristol for much longer than my place of birth, but still follow the fortunes of the Pars.

Looking very much like relegation for them this season.

10 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Good to hear that @Sweeneys Penalties. My home town team Dunfermline went to my first game there when I was 5. I have lived around Bristol for much longer than my place of birth, but still follow the fortunes of the Pars.

Looking very much like relegation for them this season.

doesnt it just. If anyone thought City were skint, take a butchers at their finances. I cant help but conclude that part time players will be the "norm" there at some point

4 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

doesnt it just. If anyone thought City were skint, take a butchers at their finances. I cant help but conclude that part time players will be the "norm" there at some point

The confusing thing is that the German investment - they now own the club - does not appear to have made any difference. Also, the appointment of Peter Grant, the manager that got Alloa relegated from the same league last season was bizarre in the extreme.

32 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Likewise me with Saint Mirren, after we were treated like long lost friends in their supporters club before and after the Anglo Scottish cup final.

• Like 1

On 03/04/2022 at 13:26, Isawjonshaw said:

I believe both clubs do it due to the cost of replacing toilets, seats etc.

No, that's not the case. About 3 seasons ago Rangers decided to sell season tickets in the Broomloan Road stand which had in the past, been given over in it's entirety to Celtic whenever the clubs played at Ibrox , reducing Celtic's allocation to 700 from 8000. Celtic responded in a tit for tat measure and Covid regulation complications saw a few of the games being played with no away support present.

It's a shame, I have been to many of the games and a large away support always makes for a cracking atmosphere. Alas , now both club sell season tickets in the traditional away ends, I can't see there being large away support for a long time.

On 03/04/2022 at 13:26, Isawjonshaw said:

I believe both clubs do it due to the cost of replacing toilets, seats etc.

No, that's not the case. About 3 seasons ago Rangers decided to sell season tickets in the Broomloan Road stand which had in the past, been given over in it's entirety to Celtic whenever the clubs played at Ibrox , reducing Celtic's allocation to 700 from 8000. Celtic responded in a tit for tat measure and Covid regulation complications saw a few of the games being played with no away support present.

It's a shame, I have been to many of the games and a large away support always makes for a cracking atmosphere. Alas , now both club sell season tickets in the traditional away ends, I can't see there being large away support for a long time.

• Like 1