IGNORED

Passive

Gazred

Just now, Gazred said:

"Its a strange club in that regard".

NP post match on Radio Bristol.

That's an interesting one!

"We need to change the players, or me, if you change me you will still have the same problem"

• Like 13
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Is there a link to the interview as in isolation that sounds batshit . 

I've gone on about Brisolian attitudes before, however most of our players and  coaches arent so it's bewildering 

That might not be 100% verbatim but he basically said, get rid of me, you'll still have the same problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gazred said:

That might not be 100% verbatim but he basically said, get rid of me, you'll still have the same problem.

Yup, and he ain't wrong. Can't believe the Owner and Hereditary Chairman are going to take too kindly to it though. We might be in the end game for Nigel Pearson now. Rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

It sounded like an upwards swipe to me like the passiveness came from the top. It was "the club" not the team or the squad.

33 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Is there a link to the interview as in isolation that sounds batshit . 

I've gone on about Brisolian attitudes before, however most of our players and  coaches arent so it's bewildering 

It was pretty much that, made my jaw drop.

Edited by Pezo
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, M.D said:

"We need to change the players, or me, if you change me you will still have the same problem"

48 minutes ago, Gazred said:

"Its a strange club in that regard".

NP post match on Radio Bristol.

That's an interesting one!

He’s bang on. Standards are painfully low from top to bottom. It’s absolutely criminal that the 17/18 failed to get promoted and was then allowed to be dismantled, and it was accepted because “every club sells players”.

If we were Brentford we’d have sold Toney after his first season because it’s impossible to reject a bid. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Just now, Merrick's Marvels said:

If that's the case, he needs to be careful what he wishes for! 

Well if he isn't getting the support he needs and is being fobbed off in favour of maintaining the current status quo by the upper management then we have bigger problems because no one is going to be able to fix us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pezo said:

It sounded like an upwards swipe to me like the passiveness came from the top. It was "the club" not the team or the squad.

It was pretty much that, made my jaw drop.

@Pezo is spot on here, that’s exactly what I heard. The passive comment was about the club as a whole, not just the players but everyone and I took it to particularly mean SL and JL. 

I thought he was spot on TBH and it’s about time we had someone calling it out. 

The question is what can he do about it? To paraphrase NP we can get rid of him but it won’t change it. 

This is why for me he’s always been the right person to sort all this mess out. 

• Like 15
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, One Team said:

@Pezo is spot on here, that’s exactly what I heard. The passive comment was about the club as a whole, not just the players but everyone and I took it to particularly mean SL and JL. 

I thought he was spot on TBH and it’s about time we had someone calling it out. 

The question is what can he do about it? To paraphrase NP we can get rid of him but it won’t change it. 

This is why for me he’s always been the right person to sort all this mess out. 

That's what it all boils down to. As a club we are a complete mess, we need the stability of Pearson even if it's just for the short term.

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Well if he isn't getting the support he needs and is being fobbed off in favour of maintaining the current status quo by the upper management then we have bigger problems because no one is going to be able to fix us.

I jest. But if our FFP position was healthier I'm sure NP wouldn't mind being backed the way other Lansdown managers have and, basically, being left to get on with it.

It's the inability to wheel and deal in the way other managers have that's hamstring Pearson. 

Maybe he's alluding to the owner being unwilling to fund what NP considers the correct support structure eg. a DoF or a Chief Scout?

Who knows. His cryptic comments will certainly add grist to the mill of social media, conspiracy theorists and this here forum, for sure. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

4 minutes ago, KegCity said:

That's what it all boils down to. As a club we are a complete mess, we need the stability of Pearson even if it's just for the short term.

But if it's the Lansdowns passiveness or lack dynamism that's our problem then what's the point. Nothing is ever going to change ever.

• Like 1

Just now, Pezo said:

But if it's the Lansdowns passiveness or lack dynamism that's our problem then what's the point. Nothing is ever going to change ever.

I agree. Think Lansdown is happy for us to tread water in the championship while he finds a buyer. Problem is if he's too passive we'll drop down and it then gets a lot harder to sell us, and it'll be for a lot less.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KegCity said:

We really don’t need what he is doing (or not doing) 

Pearson has proved he is past it. There we’re question marks after his last couple of roles, and we can all see now why he hasn’t been given a better role 

Allardyce, Hughes, Hodgson, Pearson etc….they are all yesterday’s managers 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I jest. But if our FFP position was healthier I'm sure NP wouldn't mind being backed the way other Lansdown managers have and, basically, being left to get on with it.

It's the inability to wheel and deal in the way other managers have that's hamstring Pearson. 

Maybe he's alluding to the owner being unwilling to fund what NP considers the correct support structure eg. a DoF or a Chief Scout?

Who knows. His cryptic comments will certainly add grist to the mill of social media, conspiracy theorists and this here forum, for sure. 

NP strikes me as a realist and solution oriented. If you tell him there's no money and can show him he will get that but also ask question about getting rid of costs - especially ones he's not in control of. I'm imagining it's more likely something like the upper management not dealing with cutting costs quickly enough and not doing the dirty work of firing people hoping that they either leave or contracts run down that he's having a pop at which then limits him elsewhere.

Edited by Pezo

26 minutes ago, KegCity said:

He’s bang on. Standards are painfully low from top to bottom. It’s absolutely criminal that the 17/18 failed to get promoted and was then allowed to be dismantled, and it was accepted because “every club sells players”.

If we were Brentford we’d have sold Toney after his first season because it’s impossible to reject a bid. 

FACT If you sell your family silver, you are left with monkeys = Bristol City FC

‘Passive’, ‘soft’, ‘losers’ all words that are regularly used by the ITK posters on here to describe our players, squad, Club.

Glad Pearson has somewhat belatedly identified a core issue. I’d prefer Bradley Dack’s (rejected), the Luke Ayling’s (moved on) of this world who consistently deliver, to the ‘good humans’  who consistently fail to deliver.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

He’s done exactly the opposite proving he is the man for today . He is clearing up a monumental mess and making some sense of where and how we can be a better club .  The truth seems to cause a few some issues , we have been a weak poorly run club for far too long . At last we have someone raising the standards and showing where we need to improve . 

I quite appreciate these comments from nige, though im not particularly convinced hes the one who is raising standards or showing where we need to improve, or at least able to do anything about it

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Players coming here know they can make a pretty good living with no real pressure to achieve anything. Mediocrity is tolerated with a shrug of the shoulders and a "meh".

This is bang on. I made the point in the pub earlier that Hakeeb Adelakun posted on social media during his time here, that he’d bought a £100k Range Rover. 

FFS, 

the likes of Riley, Neville and Walsh, men who sweat blood for our club, wouldn’t have paid that for a house. 

• Like 7