IGNORED

Who’s Out of Contract end of Season

Bourne End Red

1 hour ago, Bourne End Red said:

Just wondered if anyone knew off top of heads which dead wood we can move on at the end of this season ?

Thanks 

Of those that have played first team football here are the list of players OOC this summer:

King - 1 year option - we don’t know if club option, player trigger or both (if it’s like Martin’s it’s not likely he’ll have triggered on appearances)

Cundy - no option (already exercised that last summer)

Britton - no option (already exercised that last summer)

O’Dowda - 1 year option - likely to be club-option based on age when signed

Klose - no option

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

A fair few hopefully 

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Of those that have played first team football here are the list of players OOC this summer:

King - 1 year option - we don’t know if club option, player trigger or both (if it’s like Martin’s it’s not likely he’ll have triggered on appearances)

Klose - no option

I have a feeling you may be disappointed @Slippin cider ??

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Klose - no option

I'd guess the COD option has effectively expired (or officially not taken up) given that he was offered new reduced terms a month or two ago.

Who does NP actually want to get rid of, I can only think of these definites (assuming OOC players with no option won't be here):

Backinson (Ipswich have option to buy, please, please, please ...)

Moore

Vyner

Palmer

Who will be sold if the price is right?

Massengo (offered but not yet signed new contract)

Scott

Semenyo

Wells

Kalas

And who will we be looking to sign?

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Thanks 1

Cundy and Klose both worth new deals for me, both on modest (as it goes) wages.

COD - If NP renews him, I will be hugely disappointed.

Massengo - As much as I'd love him to sign a new deal, if he will not by the time the transfer window opens then we must cash in and get what we can for him. The last thing we need is another damaging fiasco like LJ & Ashton presided over with Fammy.

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Klose - no option

Isn’t king doing some coaching badges ? If so can see him sticking around as a coach/squad player

20 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

COD - If NP renews him, I will be hugely disappointed.

Me too….think you can get more value on the pitch for less.

@Marina's Rolls Royceto pick up on your recent comment re saying get rid of players, but never suggesting who might replace, here’s a couple I’d be scouting heavily to see if they are good enough.

- Rudoni

- Scully

- Cadden

Over a 3 year deal (fee and wages) I very much suspect they’d be cheaper than O’Dowda, plus would have upside off they did well here in terms of onward fees.

I was really hoping Hull would go down because I liked Longman too.

There are quite a few on my overall list that might come into scope depending on champ teams fate or Lg1 trans failing to get promoted.

I’m not too bothered by OOC players - I’m more concerned which players, particularly the youngsters that are likely to attract offers that the club can’t refuse.

Losing any of them will have a damaging impact unless Nige can replace them with new players of equal ability.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Klose - no option

So little room for manoeuvre. How does he get players out that he doesn’t want? That’s  the question no one seems to ask him. They’re on decent contracts and will tend to sit on them - unless we waste more money by giving them incentives to leave, I suppose.

9 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

So little room for manoeuvre. How does he get players out that he doesn’t want? That’s  the question no one seems to ask him. They’re on decent contracts and will tend to sit on them - unless we waste more money by giving them incentives to leave, I suppose.

Yep, hoping that someone takes an interest in certain players and they are happy to take them off our hands without us committed financially (e.g. still pay a portion of their wages).

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, hoping that someone takes an interest in certain players and they are happy to take them off our hands without us committed financially (e.g. still pay a portion of their wages).

I think I a ideal world NP would like to get out the high earners at the club and replace them with players on a more realistic salary for the club. He has already stated that he wants more established championship players, so that’s going to be interesting. I think if he can get out the high earners at the club and potentially only lose Han Noah then that would be a good summer as long as he brings in established championship players that will improve us.

I would rather see hungry league 1, 2 and foreign players come into the club. It’s going to be a tough few years ahead for the club. People have to understand there is a lot of shit going on at the club that needs to be resolved and that’s not going to happen over night.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Me too….think you can get more value on the pitch for less.

@Marina's Rolls Royceto pick up on your recent comment re saying get rid of players, but never suggesting who might replace, here’s a couple I’d be scouting heavily to see if they are good enough.

- Rudoni

- Scully

- Cadden

Over a 3 year deal (fee and wages) I very much suspect they’d be cheaper than O’Dowda, plus would have upside off they did well here in terms of onward fees.

I was really hoping Hull would go down because I liked Longman too.

There are quite a few on my overall list that might come into scope depending on champ teams fate or Lg1 trans failing to get promoted.

Dave, you need to get yourself down to the South Stand coffee shop and accidently leave a copy of your list there. Make sure you title it "Top Secret: Recruitment Spreadsheet - property of Nigel Graham Pearson Esq." in 24 point bold Ariel, so it has a chance of getting to him. Alternatively get yourself invited to the HPC and leave copies dotted around the canteen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Oh I agree: I'm not suggesting we should - just that he's also one we may get offers for - and I suppose that ultimately everyone has their price. 

Getting on for 20 goals in a side as poor as us would need some price tag attached to consider getting rid though!!!

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Getting on for 20 goals in a side as poor as us would need some price tag attached to consider getting rid though!!!

For sure - and I can't see it. 

It's just that all the talk tends to focus on our youngsters - Scott, Massengo, Semenyo - and forget Weimann. A 20 goal (I'm sure he'll get the last one!) Championship striker is going to attract interest. 

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

Weimann??

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I can't see anyone pay good money for a striker, admittedly in a purple patch, but who has never got over 10 in  a season previously.  30 years old as well. He is worth more to us than anyone would pay.

I don't see anyone we would want to sell, that we would get any interest in. 

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Dave, you need to get yourself down to the South Stand coffee shop and accidently leave a copy of your list there. Make sure you title it "Top Secret: Recruitment Spreadsheet - property of Nigel Graham Pearson Esq." in 24 point bold Ariel, so it has a chance of getting to him. Alternatively get yourself invited to the HPC and leave copies dotted around the canteen.

You know it will only look believable if it’s in comic sans!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I can't see anyone pay good money for a striker, admittedly in a purple patch, but who has never got over 10 in  a season previously.  30 years old as well. He is worth more to us than anyone would pay.

I don't see anyone we would want to sell, that we would get any interest in. 

My thoughts entirely.

It’s been vital for us but clubs that do their recruitment properly would want convincing it wasn’t a one off for someone who will be 31 in August.

• Like 1